May 16 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Dan, do you see any references to Rev 6:2 as deception or AC prior to 1909?

Ed, I donā€™t know if you are familiar with Joel Richardson. He believes that Daniel 11 has a lot yet the AC will fulfill. That is not the common stance. He also sees the Goat and Ram in Daniel as Turkey and Iran going at it in the last days. I mention that just to underscore I do keep an open mind. One way, is if there is any validity to historicity and prophecy and if so where.

The spirit is not the only way God teaches. He has ordained other means tooā€¦as stated in His word.

Ephesians 4:11-12

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

2 Likes

I am honored you included me, yet embarrassed that I cannot answer. I canā€™t name a single ā€œscholar.ā€ I have been studying the Bible since 2014, and I was skeptical of it until just like 2 years ago or even less. so Iā€™m pretty new in biblical understanding and I keep my circle small as to who I give credence to, regarding commentaries. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a specific reason you included me in the question, as I donā€™t think Iā€™ve referred to biblical scholars before, but thank you for seeing what I think either way!!

2 Likes

Hi Ed. Having gone through Calvinismā€¦yeah commentators are highly suspect indeed. But you earlier gave an example of a South American town that took initiative to better their drinking water condition. History, cultural insights, the hard work of others theologically can be helpful as part of a due diligence expected of saint. This would also go with your showing honor and having a stake in showing fruit and appreciation, I believe. Not everyone is into reading and studying a lot history or theology. And there are other ways to have due diligence. Amen. But as the saying goes, those who donā€™t know history are doomed to repeat it. There is a respectable due diligence to understand.

It took me several years to realize I could actually study the bible. I thought it was more about praying and then wherever my finger landed that is what God wanted to say to me. Imagine if we did not know that Christ did not want us to go around cutting our limbs off (there are some goofy cults I imagineā€¦like playing with snakes to not fear their poison). I had no idea of figures of language. And that there are hermeneutical rules too. If we were to just rely on the spirit, I suppose one could argue there is no need to learn how to read. Hyperbole. I didnā€™t know there was such a use of language for many years.

I donā€™t go to commentaries to think for me. I would recommend looking at as many different versions upon a verse to understand its understood range of possibility. I may lean toward one. Or I may lean toward noneā€¦such as some of my takes on our forum are not found in any commentary. Even though I understand Calvinism as faulty teaching, there are many from the reformed period that have quite a wealth of awesome things to ponder on regarding our Lord. For me personally, I look at commentaries not to teach me what to think. More like, what to teach me not to think, often. I mainly though do it because I donā€™t just want to be proclaiming my own insights. I want to be helpful and responsibly informedā€¦at least as much as I can. I would see it as a duty unto respecting others in the body of Christ. Not that everyone should read commentaries or study academically. But it is one way God has provided for us in His word authorizing it in Ephesians 4. But not everyone likes commentaries. I think what is more important than that is the quality you have Ed, where you are humble of heart to discuss, consider, and engage. Commentaries canā€™t do thatā€¦only God can. Blessings brother.

The Word Provides a Place for Them

1 Like

Sorry, I just wanted in on this one.
I like knowing what other are thinking now and way back but unless you know the sources history who knows if you can believe anything they say especially if it seems contrary to a simplier understand to scriptureā€¦

So truth but I believe it would be wise to know each scholars history before trusting them. But things are being revealed that had a time stamp on them a need to know basis only according to Danielā€¦

Looking at what many current scholars nowadays gives little trust in what many sayā€¦ Most have just added to what others taught but never really fully researching it out for themselves.

I believe I heard that from Joel Richardson actually.
I agree with that but not as much as many other things. For one thing I donā€™t agree with his stance on the rapture. He says get ready to go through the tribulation and tends to devalue other opinions that disagree with him. Some Blessed Hope that is.

His stance also flyā€™s in the face of the Dead Sea Scroll commentaries and the early Fathers of the Faith commentaries. As they were eye witnesses the apostles and their disciples. Of many I have great respect for.

Shalom

1 Like

Yeah i disagree with him a lotā€¦lol. But he means to sincerely look at questionable issues. He is post trib. So right there I donā€™t agree. But he engages with the scholarly work of the day. Heā€™s kind of the underdog. I respect that. Plus he brings a lot of reason and sound approaches in how to look at things. He has a lot of common sense too. He made a movie (or his people or friends) about Iran being the hotspot of Christian growth in the world. It is a great movie if you have not seen it bro.

1 Like

Imagine the total global banking collapse and supply chains destroyed. A few weeks of pandemonium. People crying out to their governments for help. Onto the world stage walks the man with the answers to save the world. People will rally round those animated giants soon bearing his image as he explains, in simple terms, in every language, how all can be fixedā€¦He comes in to save the day during a time of global distress (no arrows needed) and he is center stage and made top gun.

Then the FP begins to shower him with praises and asks the world to join him in thanking this amazing man. And then war breaks out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always seen that as a condition of some spiritual entity trying to conquer by intimidation and compromise. Winning a battle based on psych job. (Art of War - Sun Tzu)

He is given a crown (has not earned it), implying authorized as satan was with Job to go only so far, but no further.

A bow is a weapon of the air. Mass media is that type of weapon.

No arrows indicates empty effect (no real power), and the ones conquered gave up their stand by reason of their own submission to the fear of it. Believing the lie of the enemy that they are powerless.

Along with your Daniel 8:25 quote, I think of the comment in Revelations about ā€œWho is able to make war with him?ā€

This one is a fraud and a fake. And I do believe it is the spirit of antichrist that was already at work in the time of the Apostles. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder from things I hear if we donā€™t see a major power grid failure that ruins all the meat people have saved up in the freezers, long enough to out last most with generators as gas will also be stopped.

3 Likes

I agree thatā€™s what we have seen all along.

Intimidating and deceiving others turning ethos and ethos letting others do his work for him by fear. Yep, Thatā€™s settles it Satan is a communist or as least the creator of that religion!

He is nothing without the help of willing accomplices. With them he a a powerful foe for but by Holy Spirit we are more than conquerors.

Maranatha

2 Likes

Unless we have to bug out and leave it behind, that will be the first stuff cooked en mass, preserved, and consumed.

No one can plan perfectly for an unknown, but you can mitigate certain things if you are adaptive.

A lot depends on the crisis at hand.

1 Like

Good advise but at this late date better get some canned meat for now.

4 Likes

same goes to you Ed!! itā€™s been a joy!!

2 Likes

I understand but at some point fighting over a few beans may not even be an option. I remember stories of believers setting at the table believing God to provide the impossible.

If it comes to that then I will ask and believe, it comes down to his will not mine. I know that sounds brave but its not its knowing that at some point if we are still here faith will be the only way forward.

That said it would be more than foolish not to prepare a storm that has a good chance of coming our way.

While I believe this speaks to the second coming I think we should also have a show of a little faith at the rapture also.

Luke 18:8
I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?ā€

Shalom

5 Likes

I donā€™t eat meat, but I have plenty of other long lasting food stored as well as critter food. BUT I live in the high desert where there is NO WATER except what is in the faucet or the aqueduct (which can be shut off). I have some stored up, as well as filters and stuff, but if the water goes out thereā€™s no amount I could store would last long with all my critters in the kind of dry heat here.

3 Likes

Unless of course his opposition is the evil empire.

How do those two go together?

1 Like

If the voter audit gains momentumā€¦they have to shut down the grid, donā€™t they? I think that would be some code of ethics among thieves or something.

2 Likes

Amen and Amen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yesā€¦I think we should prepare a storm too. Amen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can bet they know they have to do something to change the momentum. I wonder how they believe the people would go for another cyber attack without a rebellion or maybe that plays to the plan who knows.The people at the top only care about the people and their minions as to keep them loyal.

Its almost like they donā€™t really care if they get caught in some ways.
The idea is to put us in our place either way After all they are entitled because they are breed from the star people arenā€™t they?

Maybe they are looking to make an excuse to bring in marshal law?

Itā€™s not just talk they have made their plan clear they want the whole world and we get nothing and will be drugged into liking it.

Shalom

3 Likes