May 30 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

The Blair Witch Project :frowning:

1 Like

wow very good discernment there in my opinion.

3 Likes

Pastor JD: Have y’all seen this video? Pretty scary! May God protect us all! :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

2 Likes

@JFelts8031 @Saved-by-Grace
Thank you both for your service! And anyone else who served in the military. I salute you :clap:

7 Likes

Think the first two quoted news by Pastor JD today:

1 Like

Intentional release, bio-warfare seems most likely to me, especially since China allowed so many people to leave the country after covid started and the WHO supported China with regard to continuing international travel via airplanes. To me, that is how the bioweapon was so quickly distributed. If China had been put in “quarantine” until the virus burned itself out, the pandemic would not have happened.

2 Likes

Glad to hear.

1 Like

Sister, this is what the Lord has bought to my attention and I’m going to share it with you. FAST and pray.

Veterans PRE 4th of July post for perspective in the USA :us_outlying_islands:

2 Likes

MARXISM… WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

2 Likes

And I agree with you 100%. It seems there are very few Bereans today.

I had to remind my church family yesterday that the Great Commission is STILL in effect but got no one to say they will go with me into the highways and byways. I have actually read comments from people on the internet saying it is not in effect and is not meant for the Church today and was only meant for the Jews at the time. I shake my head. Where does this false teaching stem from?

The Laodicean Church is on full display for all to see who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Blessings.

Blessings

6 Likes

Great article @NamDoc thanks for sharing - I haven’t checked americanthinker.com in a while so was nice to revisit.

Quite alarming is the emerging unholy alliance of various monopolies in Big Government, Big Business, and the media,

A counterfeit trinity ‘preparing the way’ for the next counterfeit trinity…

In Christ

4 Likes

for years I have spoken of “a bubble bursting eventually,” because I didn’t see how these ways of business, etc can last forever. it was evil and unsustainable. that time for the bubble bursting seems to be now. more people than ever are talking about the truths in the world. Im less alone than ever. things have really surged ahead in the timeline I couldn’t pinpoint before. I figured I’d likely get old and die before seeing it come to pass. but here we are. it feels real.

That would be the extreme dispensation group intermixed with the “Rightly Divide” following.

This is not to say “Rightly Divide” is wrong (understanding that statement as “Accurately Handle”), but it is the nickname that they tend to use.

They take a machete to the word in extreme division, and forsake the full counsel of God. Sure there are intended audiences, but the word is for ALL men.

Some go so far as to say “Ignore the words of Christ (Red Letters) and only use Paul’s writing”, and claim there are two Gospels.

To which I would echo Paul’s own words…

[One Savior and Gospel]

1 Corinthians 1:13

Is Christ divided?
Was Paul crucified for you?
Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

[One Gospel]

1 Corinthians 15:11

Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

[One Faith, One Lord, One Gospel]

Ephesians 4:4-5

There is one body and one Spirit,
just as you were called to one hope when you were called;
one Lord,
one faith,
one baptism;
one God and Father of all,
who is over all
and through all
and in all.

2 Likes

You won’t be slammed by me!
After Salvation, it is our responsibility to Honor, Serve and Obey God, we don’t have to work for our salvation at all…but at the moment we receive it we should WANT to honor the One who gave His Life for us. :raised_hands:t3:

9 Likes

The wedding feast parable. Yes this is a rather interesting one I must admit. Before I do mention on this though…just in reference to your final point Ed. As you know I came out of Calvinism. Here is something interesting about that and where we find our comments today. Calvinism touts they are monergists. Which means that God calls, wakes us up, brings us back from the dead, and then supernaturally causes us to believe unto salvation. In that there is nothing “we do.” Calvinism believes that non-Calvinists are “synergistic.” Meaning that because a person “believes” or “has faith” it is a work and shares in the salvation experience.

When you break that down though, it is an interesting phenomenon that Calvinists are actually synergistic. The reason? They understand that if someone “believes” it merits them salvation. So they conflate a person’s belief in with the work of God that saves. In my understanding I am not a Calvinist. But I would understand salvation as monergistic. What God did on the cross was to give us justification before Him.

Romans 5:9
Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him!

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies of God, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!

You can see Christ salvific work as He lives in both, as well as the justification aspect per both, I believe. I don’t believe that believing is a work. But is what God has commanded us to do concerning His work: John 6:29…

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

We believe and accept what He has done, the work of salvation. His work of salvation. If that makes sense. Like the penitent tax collector was not saved because he was sorry. Our sorrow would not merit salvation. But he was saved because of what Christ did on the cross and is doing as He lives. Abraham was called a friend of God because he believe God. So Christ would not need to die if it were just a matter of believing. That believing does not save us. Christ’s work and life saves. Humble belief is merely how we are requested to receive the gift.

I know that there are plenty of verses that encourage us to honor Him. To me though, for the reasons I have shared above, that “just as believing on Him to begin with” does not save. I guess I am a true “protestant” at heart :slight_smile: But I know what you are saying. I have had several discussions with a friend of mine who lives in Australia. We differ on OSAS. We’ve had some good back and forth on that…complementing how Christ is working in each of us.

As for the parable, I looked long and hard on that one because it was kind of unusually put. I believing the overwhelming consensus by commentaries is that being clothed = being clothed in Christ’s righteousness. There are two ways to take this parable from what I understand.

1. This parable is amidst a bunch of other sayings and events that puts Christ right in the epicenter of His ministry to the Jews. Prior to His resurrection, His ministry was for Israel. And in that context is best how this parable is to read. In that version those on the highways and byways were the peasant class. They would never be invited to the wedding. Yet the notion in this patriarchal society is that it is not talking about gentiles for that was not Christ’s ministry prior to the resurrection. Not dressed for the wedding in that context would = Israel’s lack of honoring (or even recognizing their messiah)…or one showing up with an attitude of show.

2. This is including gentiles. And highway and byways are gentiles.

Either way (and I believe #1 is correct), the clothes I believe represents showing up believing on Jesus. That was the main issue while He was here. And the not so subtle destruction of their temple, and their entire religion as a whole (including even their own national identity for 2,000 years…these are no small nuances). To me verse 7 resembles this: “Now the king was angry, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.” If we look at the end of Chapter 21, the religious elite wanted to kill him. Next thing you know…this wedding feast parable comes up. Then in Matt 22:15 (the verse right after that parable) the Pharisees set out to trap Him. This is, to me, very Jewish epicentric. These are just a few examples of the extremely Jewish context this parable was told within.

When we think of chosen we often think of those who are saved. But chosen often means “chosen for service” like carrying forth the mantle of the word of God. Which Israel lost. And Israel was not chosen for their rejection of Christ. And partially hardening for at least 2,000 years as a nation now.

The best commentary I have come across is this guy. Its 27 minutes long. He explains both views.

1 Like

You and I are on the same page. Thanks much for your reply. May all here read your words of wisdom.

:heart: :heart:

1 Like

I certainly won’t slam you! My understanding of this passage is the same as yours.

I will probably be slammed by some for even suggesting that Christians have a responsibility to do Anything but it is evident for those who read it for themselves.”

Occupy until He returns.

6 Likes

whole_bible
Something I believe, not posted for argument. Don’t like it, believe it, agree with it, PLEASE spit out and move on , I still love you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

" It would be self defeating to desire greater understanding of the Bible by cutting portions out. This is not greater understanding. It is simply shrinking the Bible down to our level.

God forbid we eliminate or ignore one word, syllable, or punctuation from the complete sacred text of God’s perfect Word!

Rightly dividing the word of truth is not cutting off Scripture from our profit. Instead it is like the division of a book into its index, or a speech into its outline. By separating the parts into their appropriate context we are in a better position to understand the whole."
Doc :innocent:

11 Likes

Nice one :slight_smile: