May 9 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

The chief priests sent an armed crowd to arrest Jesus. They were obviously expecting trouble from the disciples. One of them (identified as Peter in John’s Gospel) drew his sword and cut off the ear of the high priest’s servant. Jesus reacted by saying “Put your sword back in its place”

Matthew 26:47-56

2 Likes

The Canadian pastor did NOT “swear.” He called them acurrately Nazi and Gestapo because that is what they are acting like. He did act forcefully before which is NOT unChristian. It is NOT a sin to have anger appropriately. He did not use swear words or hit or fight. Christians are also watching JD criticize that pastor inappropriately too, instead of addressing the real issue of the persecution. And who’s opinion is it that the Canadian pastor didn’t “make the right choice”? NOT ALL SEE IT THAT WAY. Calm behavior would NOT bring attention to this terrible persecution by Canada would it? God NEVER told Christians to be passive and quiet at all times. You have the right and DUTY to defend yourself and others and to defend your God given rights. And if JD has empathy, he sure didn’t show it and that is why I am really bothered.

4 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t looked at the latest news clip. I saw the pastor on the news calling them Nazi’s when they showed up at his Church and he ordered them to leave, which they did. I was definately an armchair cheerleader when I saw that. I’ll have to watch the latest one where he gets arrested.

Personally this whole situation grieves me. I chose to move to Calgary when I was 18 years old and loved the people there. They were so friendly. People in the city would say hello to each other and stop to talk with people they just met. Calgary is the place that I grew as a Christian. I went to university there. I still have friends there.

I get your point about righteous anger.

I guess, I’m trying to extend some grace to JD, but I’m not back-peddling on my comments. I just didn’t interpret JD’s words the same way you are.

And maybe this is just me, but I really don’t like to jugde people, or their motives, without a conversation. I don’t like to make assumptions about what they are thinking without checking in with them.

I still think that we should pray for JD. He is an imperfect human being, as are you and I.

4 Likes

New King James John 2:16-17 " 1And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”

1 Like

Like I said, I get your point about righteous anger.

@Caryl

Do you know what the good thing is about calling me a liar, insulting me, degrading me, falsely accusing me of taking the Holy Scriptures out of context is? Great is my reward in Heaven.
And you give away who you really are.

You got it wrong again friend. Pastor JD is not my pastor. I am not a member of his church, he is out in the middle of the ocean, and if anything he would be my fan LOL.

But he is my brother in the Lord, a fellow servant, and is due all the respect the Word has to offer’s him, because he is my brother.
If he were your brother, you would guard your tongue and respect him too.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Looks interesting, only watched 10 min so far, it is 2am for me. I do want to watch in full. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

@Caryl

Hey thanks! We are both right and we are both wrong. We forgot the cattle and sheep. They are a little bigger than doves, don’t know how I missed them all.

John 2 14-16

In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

3 Likes

Yeah it is disturbing. Canada is finding they really have no rights. And it seems to me many Canadians will not stand up for them. I guess the American fighting spirit is strong, but I don’t think it is not what God wants. If you look at many examples in the OT, the Israelites never lost hope if they had faith even if it looked impossible. For the Canadian pastor, the police would always show up when the services were to take place so they could intimidate them. The second time, he would not let them in and told them to make an appointment through his lawyer. The arrest came after service on the freeway and they had him on his knees with all the cars passing and a big show of force. Really un called for. As for Pastor JD, I can see that we are near to going and that this is not our home, but it does not mean are to just give up. We are still to occupy since we could still be here awhile. I still think he should have been a lot more supportive (denouncing the arrest and persecution and prayers) and less critical since the other pastor did nothing wrong in many other Christian’s view. Or maybe he should have kept his criticism to himself. I hope he reads these comments because he has a huge audience and tons of admirers, so he needs to hear other Christian’s rebukes of him too.

3 Likes

I just watched the news clip where Pastor Pawlowski was arrested. The pastor was definately engaging in political activism. He was making a political statement by calling those officers Nazi’s and cowards etc. Fair enough. That is called protesting. It is a political protest against government and police. I think he was making a point for the news. He was comparing this type of police action to communist China and Nazi Germany. He is not wrong.

I have engaged in some protests as well in the past. I tried to help save our local hospital from being closed. I went to a city hall meeting to help stop our water supply from being privatized. The hospital closed. The water was saved. That is democracy.

The police on the hand, were young men who believe they were “just doing their job”. They were calm and professional.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Public health, and the rule of law does matter, but so do our rights and freedoms. They are being stripped away under the edict of “public health measures”.

I have no problem, whatsoever, with that pastor making his bold statement for the Canadian public, to warn them about the erosion of our rights.

I also enjoy and appreciate Pastor JD’s prophecy updates. I appreciate this forum and discussion we have with each other.

Take care Caryl. Your voice matters as well. Just try not to judge people without talking to them first.

4 Likes

Yeah, the different gospels are not exact, like different witnesses wouldn’t be. Some more or less detail. The den of thieves was a defilement of the Temple. John usually gave the spiritual significance.

I just watched the news clip where Pastor Pawlowki was arrested. The pastor was definately engaging in political activism. He was making a political statement by calling those officers Nazi’s and cowards etc. Fair enough. That is called protesting. It is a political protest against government and police. I think he was making a point for the news. He was comparing this type of police action to communist China and Nazi Germany. He is not wrong.

I have engaged in some protests as well in the past. I tried to help save our local hospital from being closed. I went to a city hall meeting to help stop our water supply from being privatized. The hospital closed. The water was saved. That is democracy.

The police on the hand, were young men who believe they were “just doing their job”. They were calm and professional.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Public health, and the rule of law do matter, but so do our rights and freedoms. They are being stripped away under the edict of “public health measures”.

I have no problem, whatsoever, with that pastor making his bold statement for the Canadian public, to warn them about the erosion of our rights.

I also enjoy and appreciate Pastor JD’s prophecy updates. I appreciate this forum and discussion we have with each other.

Take care Caryl. Your voice matters as well. Just try not to judge people without talking to them first.

@Caryl

He does not get these comments and what you have had to say is not a rebuke. It is just you twisting what he said out of context and venting. That does not count around here very much Bruce. You call it righteous anger that is not sin, and then you sin left and right.
Good night for now. I have to go tend to my pet wolf.

5 Likes

Good catch on “Caryl.”

4 Likes

Jesus showed righteous anger in the temple with a whip. This Pastor shows righteous anger by calling the cowardly “authorities” out for behaving like the gestapo.

4 Likes

A new floor for the Roman Coliseum so people might imagine the horrors that happened there. Things that make me go “hmmm.”

5 Likes

what Pastor J.D. spoke yesterday in reference to the incident in Canada was on the mark. though his passion for his church is commendable, the words and actions of this Canadian pastor are not. are we so quick to forget Paul’s responses when he was arrested in the book of Acts? not one time did Paul complain when he was taken to jail but what did he do? he thanked God, he ministered to the other prisoners, and sang songs to God in praise for his persecutions.

the Bible tells us that we are to live apart from the ways of the world even though we must live in it. the world today says that when we are treated unfairly that we are to protest and fight back. however, 1 Peter 4:12-14 reads: “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.” in addtition, Jesus says in Matthew 5:44: “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you…”

the words and actions of this pastor in Canada did not glorify God nor were they a testimony of the Christian faith. for all we know, one of the officers may have been seeking the truth of God in their personal life and because of this encounter, may have decided to look elsewhere. we’ll never be perfect in this life but we are called to be a light, a beacon of hope and love to a fallen world and when we act in a manner that undermines our faith and testimony, not to mention the character of God, we do a great disservice to all. may our words and actions always give God glory and honor and praise. blessings.

19 Likes

This is a valuable lesson to all of us. When in the heat of the moment, may we remember the words of Christ and reflect Him in our words and actions.

10 Likes

“But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.”

I agree with @ Caryl and her take. :+1:

I disagree with @YosemiteMountainMan response to her. :-1:

Enough said, not division/judgement, JUST opinion (humble)

Doc :innocent:

1 Like