Mother in hospice, Covid restricted, please pray

Hello, friends.
My mom and dad are in a nursing facility in Virginia, US, and my mom has late stage cancer that has reached her brain. While she still knows me, she has declined so much, she alleges my father (a debilitated retired pastor) is cheating on her, and many other things. It’s devastating to watch the decline, and the movement disorder as it races to takes her as fast as the cancer.
My dad and mom have been in poor health for about 8 years, and I am an only child.
I love them very much and have done all I could for many years, even through my own aggressive cancer, (and praise God, I am no-evidence-of-disease). :pray:t2:
The issue: I am the only person who comes to see a resident who has not taken the “vaccine”.
All other visitors can go to the resident’s rooms, and all over the premises. I am treated like I have leprosy, even a huge production for me to use a restroom in a hallway.
They make me sit behind a plexiglass wall with a mask to visit with them, with both having issues hearing and speaking.
With mom yelling out inappropriate things, it’s hard to be out in the open, for everyone to hear. I feel like this is abysmal… I still don’t want to take the vaccine just to walk freely in their nursing facility.
May I please ask for you to lift the situation, my mom, for minimal confusion and a fast home-going, for my dad not to be so utterly destroyed by her words, and for me, in how I can support them and how to handle the facility regardless of the vaxx issues?
Grateful in advance for your prayers. :pray:t2:

32 Likes

Oh, how hard this all must be, @CL87 Holli. This situation is difficult enough, without all of the “new normal” details added in. I am praying, right now, for your challenges in ALL of this. :revolving_hearts:.

7 Likes

@Gracings Thank you so much, I’m so grateful. :pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

@CL87 Holli, lifting you and your family up in prayer to the great Physician. May He surround you with His peace, love, and strength to get through this trial.

In His name,
amen

Cindy

10 Likes

Thank you, so much, Cindy. :pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

@CL87
Hi Holli,
You are in our prayers. As a PK I am sure you are aware that we are in the end of days and that the Rapture is eminent.

I assume that your parents have been married a very long time. It is very common when one spouse goes home that the other follows within a year, sometimes just days apart.
That essence of who your mom and dad are never dies, only their human body.

You are fighting many battles all at once but you are not alone. The Lord is always with you. Sometimes PK’s need to hear that from a stranger to be reminded.

Watching loved ones go is never easy especially when they are not in their right mind. Your ordeal will last but a little longer and you will be reunited with your loved ones, and this time will be remembered no more.

I have walked in your shoes and know how distressing this time can become, and how it can wear you down emotionally. In these times our helper prays for us, and takes care of us.

Heavenly Father we come before your throne of Grace tonight on behalf of Holli and her parents. It is Holli’s request that you take her mom home mercifully. You well know their situation and that her mom is about to die from cancer, and that she is breaking her fathers heart. I would ask that you take her home swiftly Lord.

As to Holli’s father Lord, he served you as a pastor. I would ask that you honor all of his prayers. Perhaps he has prayed to see the rapture, perhaps his desire is to go home with his wife. I would ask that you honor what ever he would like, sounds like he deserves it. Renew his mind with your Grace Lord so that he is no longer hurt by his wife’s empty words.

I pray also tonight Lord for Holli and her son as they go through this time. Lift their hearts and fill them with your Grace. Give them a peace that goes beyond all understanding and an assurance that they will soon be with all their loved ones. Come quickly Lord Jesus.
Father we pray all of this in the name of your only begotten son Jesus.
Agape,
Ken

16 Likes

Dear Ken, @YosemiteMountainMan

Your beautiful prayer was like a balm. I have loved my Jesus for most of my life, being so blessed to grow in a home where He was welcome in our lives and hearts. I have had times where I have been a prodigal- only for him to welcome me home in His loving arms.
I am so looking forward to going to our heavenly home when he calls and to meet Him in the clouds!
Mom and Dad have had horrible health battles for over 8 years. I am doing this all alone- my son just started serving a jail sentence due to fighting back after being attacked by a meth addict. So quite literally- all 3 of my family members are incarcerated.
My own health issues have been challenging while doing what I can for my family…. And there are times I feel so very alone.
Ken- thank you for standing in the gap for my family and me…. The realization that while I was sleeping, you were praying for us, interceding to the Father on our behalf.
I’m so very grateful. :pray:t2:
Thank you, brother. God bless you.

10 Likes

Wow sister your situation is not easy!
My situation was not good some weeks ago but all seems to be OK now. God is good and always listening. I will pray for you and your family :two_hearts: Be brave, patient, calm and in peace.

5 Likes

Thank you very much :pray:t2:

4 Likes

The admin of the facility just called me and told me they have to go by county restrictions for “the unvaccinated “, so my parents are going to have to be pushed outside in 90 degree weather, with a plexiglass screen between us because the numbers of Covid cases are up 7%. Seven percent.

My mother… with metastatic cancer in her brain.
Lord…. This is so abysmal. :pensive: Please take us home.

7 Likes

My beautiful momma went home to Jesus this morning. My heart hurts for me, but I praise my beloved savior for ushering her into the kingdom. Dance free, momma. Hug Jesus for me. :heart::pray:t2:

17 Likes

Grieving (and rejoicing) with you, Holli, as one who identifies with your situation. :heart:

Praying for God’s comfort and peace to blanket you now and in the days ahead. :hugs:

8 Likes

Oh, Dear @CL87 Holli, I am so sad for your difficult loss. I am praying now for you and your dear dad. Meanwhile, as @hopesprings.11 Sigrid said, I also rejoice with you at your mama’s heavenly entrance! Imagine!! (((((Holli))))):hibiscus:

8 Likes

Sigrid- Thank you so much. Thank you for being an adopted sister… I’m so glad she is pain free and with our Jesus. :pray:t2:

6 Likes

@Gracings So thankful for your kind words. Amen… she is in no pain, basking in Jesus. Oh holy day… thank you, Jesus. :pray:t2:

7 Likes

:hugs::hugs: Amen to that. Thinking of my mom (who passed nearly three years ago) and your mom meeting! Although there are tears at the thought, there is such gladness… @CL87

5 Likes

I really really like that visual. :heart::pray:t2:

4 Likes

Praying for you Holli.

7 Likes

Oh Holli @CL87, I’m so sorry for your sadness, but I know you are happy your sweet mother is not suffering or confused any longer. You are going through so much at once, and I pray the Lord will give you strength and energy to do everything you have to do in the coming days/weeks. Likewise for your father who no longer has to watch his bride and life’s companion suffer…
may God surround you all with peace and comfort, grace and tender mercies.

In Jesus’ precious name,

Amen

Cindy

7 Likes

@CL87
Hi Holli,
I thank God for answered prayer, and that He acted so swiftly.
I know you are in emotional pain, but now is the time to make sure that you switch gears to your dad.

It does not mater that he was a pastor, he is also a man, one who just went through a horrible ordeal and lost his wife; along with you at his side.
I pray that our Lord will comfort you both as I know that he will, with a peace that goes beyond all comprehension. In Jesus name.

Let your father know that we are praying for him. Please ask your dad if he has any specific prayer requests, and let us know.
Agape,
Ken

7 Likes