My brother in Canada yelling at me on the phone!

I am a Canadian living in the US with my husband. My brother called me a few nights ago because he wants me to come and help him with our elderly Mother who will be 99 in August. Right now the border is closed but they are allowing fully vaccinated people to cross. He knows I am not vaccinated and told me to take the stupid vaccine. “It’s just a vaccine”, he shouted, “and I need help with Mom”. He also knows that my husband has not had the jab and I explained he is on blood thinners and his doc has advised not to get it because it. We know it causes blood clots. He yelled, “I don’t believe it! Tell him to change doctors!” His voice kept escalating and he became angrier and angrier. I said to him, “You are very angry right now. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you called me back when you have calmed down”. He just hung up the phone. My brother and I are very close. We have always had a wonderful relationship. I feel anguish in my heart that I can’t go home to Canada. All my family is there including 5 precious little grandchildren. I just need prayer to be strong. I am devastated that my dear brother would yell at me with such angry vitriolic words that pierced my heart. Please pray for my brother that God would open his eyes to the truth. He is a Christian and so is his wife and yet they and there grown children and my Mom have all taken this evil jab. I feel more cut off from my family than ever. I won’t take the jab and I can’t go home.

64 Likes

I am so sad that you are going through this. This border closure has separated so many families. My brother is American, and his children are in Canada with their Canadian mother. They are very young. He hasn’t been able to see his children for a very long time, and it is tearing him up inside. My brother is not a believer, but he still refuses to take this jab. He knows it is wicked and dangerous and that something is not right about it. Even non-believers are sensing this. But it has come at the expense of his children. This same brother screamed at me also and yelled obscenities at me when I tried to warn him that Jesus may be coming soon. It was scary and stressful and awful. Made my little one cry.

These are strange times. The world has changed. We all can sense this shift in some way, even those who don’t spiritually understand it. People are stressed and they are taking it out on others. People are going to stomp and yell and scream. Maybe they will get in your face . . . digitally or over the phone or otherwise. It is hard to be the recipient of this, to get the brunt of someone else’s anger.

The shifts taking place in the world are scary. I kind of wonder if pretending everything is “normal” is a coping mechanism for them. And they are angry when you don’t play along because it is messing with their coping mechanism. Your brother is even angry at your husband’s doctor because the doctor’s professional medical advice is getting in the way of his coping mechanism. See how illogical that is? I don’t think this is really just about your mom.

I pray that the Lord will strengthen you and comfort you. I pray that the Lord will help your brother grow fruits of the Holy Spirit. As time goes on, I think we will experience more people stomping and screaming and yelling all around . . . but God. Praying that we will all be able to ignore those angry voices and keep our eyes on Jesus.

33 Likes

Thank you so very much for your loving and compassionate responds and prayers.
My heart aches for your brother and I will pray for him and pray also that he will be saved. I am saddened too hear that he yelled obscenities at you when you shared your faith with him. I forgot to mention that my brother was swearing at me also while he was yelling. I am grateful your brother does know how evil the jab is but how sad at the expense of not being able to see his precious children. Dear Lord have mercy and comfort this father’s broken heart.
Oh yes! These last days are indeed very strange times and they will become stranger and darker still in the coming months.
Jesus is our blessed hope and we know we can trust him in everything.

13 Likes

Boy, these verses are seeming more and more relevant lately.

Mathew 10:35-36, 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

32 Likes

Yes that verse definitely came to mind Jewel.

9 Likes

That scripture comes to mind frequently these days

7 Likes

:pray::sweat:
My son who’s 23 just sent me, my daughter and husband ( who’ve all got the vx but not me) a text yesterday about kids on ventilators in Texas due to Covid.
He was rhetorically asking how “selfish it was for people to not take the vx and just “let kids die “ and how glad he was that “these anti vaxxers “ didn’t affect the small pox epidemic and necessary vaccines for that. They need salvation and boy some days I just cry and pray because they’re so deceived and blind to what’s going on, what’s coming and how short the time likely is.

I send prayers not only for your situation but all Christians who are facing or will face this devastating treatment especially by family for not “going with the crowd”.
Things are going to get really tough but we know the One who keeps us. Can’t say I’m looking forward to what’s coming except for our flight out of here with Pilot Jesus!!!

25 Likes

Dear Steph,
I’m not looking forward to what’s coming either but God…will see us through these dark evil times and oh ya, loved your quote “our flight out of here with Pilot Jesus.” Me too!!!
And what a glorious flight up to heaven that will be!

13 Likes

Janny, my heart breaks for the pain you are going thru. I hope you will not be too hard on yourself or blame yourself if something were to happen to your mother. Your husband is your first responsibility and you mentioned that your brother has grown children. Are they able to give him any support? Hopefully you can have that conversation with him in the near future. I will pray that God gives you favor and His loving wisdom when you do. My mother was locked away in a nursing home for over 1 1/2 years and only when she was taken to the hospital on May 7th AND after a negative covid test, was I able to touch her and hug her. She was unresponsive and died on the 10th. I honored my mother all my life and prayed with and for her as her loneliness increased. I believe she just gave up, but is now with our Heavenly Father. Speak to your mother and tell her you love her often. I am sure she will understand why you cannot be there. God will handle the rest. Praying for you dear sis.

II Timothy 1:7

17 Likes

We will all be united in Heaven. You will see your grandkids as I will see mine. I am separated from my one son because of a lying and stealing spirit. Plus the Catholic church and it’s weird traditions.

Our God is bigger then all this. This is a bleep on the way to eternity.

11 Likes

Bless you my dear sister for this loving response and your prayers. As I read it, the tears spilled down my cheeks. Yes, God has not given us a spirit of fear. The Holy Spirit has given us power, love and a sound mind. Thank you Jesus!
I am so truly sorry to hear about your precious Mom. I cannot imagine the anguish you endured, only to hug her and then she was gone. There are so many heartbreaking stories like ours the world over.
May each one of us pray for the strength and conviction to stand strong against the lies of the enemy that have insidiously penetrated even the minds of our Christian loved ones like my brother.
I have loved and honored my mother as you have. I call her almost every day and she knows how much she is loved by me and my husband. I will now abide under the shadow of the Almighty. He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust. Psalm 91.
Praying for you too.
Jesus is coming soon and we will be with our Moms forever!

13 Likes

Janny, how precious were your words to me. My mother was a faithful prayer warrior and now I carry her torch of God’s blessings in my life. The Lord truly lives in you and it shows in your compassion. Hold on dear sis and put on your Armor each day to fight the evil one and give hope to our dying world. I am glad we have had this conversation and I am still speaking your name in prayer each day. Let me know how else I can pray for and minister to you. Love in Him, Carole

7 Likes

My Mom also is a faithful prayer warrior Carole.
I will pray for you too my dear sis. Soon we will be with our precious Jesus and you and your Mom and me and my Mom will meet up in our forever home.
See you in the clouds on that sweet and wonderful day when the trumpet sounds.

9 Likes

Yes our God is so much bigger and he is always faithful

3 Likes

I can’t wait. Got my things in order, pray for family and friends every day, and my heart is ready to worship and sing forever !

6 Likes

Amen to that and May our Lord and wonderful Saviour rescue us very very soon!!!

7 Likes

Praying that the Lord will provide for somebody who will help your brother take care of your mom. Nothing is impossible. Prayers are still being answered and the Lord still works miracles. He is able :slight_smile:

8 Likes

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 AMP

7 Likes

I am in a similar position to you @Janny. My brother has moved to the U.K. He is a believer too and so is his wife. They have both had the jabs but thier kids haven’t had it. She is going over with the kids soon.

I had a chat with her and I just simply said that if they wanted to see me again they would have to come over here in Italy because I won’t get vaccinated. She is ok with it and I am sure she has told my brother about it.

Stay strong remain in faith and keep on keeping on.

God Bless

6 Likes

Interesting
Last month I heard in my spirit
“Get your house in order”

6 Likes