My current struggle

Lately I have been struggling with life after rapture. I am not a creature who likes change, so sometimes I catch myself worried about my new life once we are raptured.
For starters, just thinking about the quickness of it happening and no forewarning. RIght now, as I am typing this, I could be raptured. Life will never be the same. Don’t get me wrong, I know heaven awaits me with things so great and glorious that words can’t describe. Also, I am not loving this world, I am quite tired of it, but just the thought of a split second, my life is thrown into something new.

Then also my mind has gone into thinking of what we will be doing, especially during Christ’s 1,000 year reign. I know that we will reign with him, but all my mind goes to is constant busy-ness, no down time. LIke God doesn’t want us to be idle. I was thinking, will I ever enjoy the quietness of putting a puzzle together again. Simple pleasures. I know it is really silly to think of these things, because what God has in store for us is 1,000s times better. I guess it is just the unknown.

Then I worry about my relationship with people. I am not a social person, I don’t go out of my way to get to know people and want to hang out with them. I like my quiet time. I worry that I will have to hangout with people all the time. I know my changed state will probably change my feelings towards people, but the here and now keeps dreading it.

Also concerning people, what about my family. I do enjoy when my family gets together. I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving when the kids will come home. Also hoping that for Christmas my one son, who is living in South Korea gets to come home. I haven’t seen him in 2 yrs. Yes he is blinded by the vaccine and took it, I am praying God has mercy on him. Anyway, I think about heaven and wondering if I will have that close family relationship (praying all my family is saved). I don’t want the generic friendships with all my brother and sisters in Christ, I want that cozy handful of a few close people. Hard to explain. I would love my brothers and sisters in Christ, like I do now, but that close family feeling is different. It is safe.

Then lastly, I think about what scripture says all this life will one day be forgotten. While I get that heaven in no way compares to earth and why would be want to remember the life we had where were weren’t our full selves indulged in the what God has to offer us. This life is very limited. What then is the purpose of our time here if we never remember? I know it is a time for all of mankind to make that decision for Christ or not, ONce we have done that and are living with Jesus, what is the purpose so much grander things are out there. I also know in reality that as time passes even here on earth, we forget things of our past. But wouldn’t our minds be so much better in heaven that our memories won’t deteriorate unless God makes it happen. Sometimes I wish God would let us view our past off all the things forgotten. I get mad at myself now for not remembering a lot of stuff, especially memories with my children. Oh to have that back and remember. But then again, if one of them is not truly saved those memories would be painful, so yes good to not remember. But what is the point of these loving close relationships that in a short time will no longer matter anymore?

I know I am crazed by thinking upon all this stuff, but it does bother a lot lately with the feeling of the closeness of the rapture. I know I will enjoy heaven and God will not disappoint, but all the unknowns is not comfort for someone who hates change and when change does happen, needs to know what lies ahead in more detail that what the bible gives us.

8 Likes

A lot of what you wrote sounds much like myself and my own struggles. I will oftentimes imagine that this world I am now living in, is like the time I spent in my mothers womb.

While inside the womb did we question what life would be like on the outside and wonder what we might do on the outside?
Perhaps we heard the voices on the outside and were soothed by them and wondered what those voices were. Did we ever imagine they were people just like us only older?
Would this life we now live seem like an eternity to that little baby inside that is only there for 9 months?

Then we were born, perhaps for a few short years we might have remembered some stuff from inside the womb but by now we have forgotten all of it. Yet, we are still the same people that were inside that womb now.

Could the womb be a picture type thing for us to try to understand heaven better? I wonder. If we were a twin, that same twin was born with us and we always knew them. On earth we have relatives in this womb with us and we will probably always know them as well.

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts on it and how I try to handle the changes I see happening.

The Bible does talk about the end times being like birth pains. Is this what that baby feels inside the womb as well? :grin:

7 Likes

Naenae
If there was any possibility heaven could leave you wanting for more it wouldn’t be the gift of shear perfection we’ve been promised.

I pray God will open your eyes and heart to realize the generosity of what lies in store.

Loving Heavenly Father, PLEASE replace Naenaes fear of completely letting go of this life and bring her into a place of joyful expectation for what lies ahead…PURE BLISS.

7 Likes

Thank you for your words. Your illustration of being in the womb makes sense. I don’t know why my mind ponders such silly stuff when I know being with Jesus will be the greatest thing I could ever imagine, but I do like your analogy of the womb. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

While I am not Becky, your words go towards my struggles too. I guess you could say that I am hanging on a bit of this life, though I feel like I am totally ready to leave this place. I know my worries are irrational, I know life will be unbelievably better with Jesus. I know God has just the perfect future for me for who I am. I need not to worry, I know that! :slight_smile: Just the mind likes to sneak up on me quite often lately and make me wonder about that future and taking my eyes off of God and his great love for me.

2 Likes

You are not crazed, if you are then I’m just as crazy as you because I have a lot of these same thoughts.

I’m excited for what’s to come, imagining and hopeing to be able to do all the things I always wanted to now but never been able due to lack of resources or time excites me even more. I don’t know what awaits us beyond what the Bible tells us. But I let my imagination run and and I tell you, I can’t wait.

2 Likes

Naenae…
I’m so sorry for name mistake…which I’ve corrected.

Can I please give you something more to consider…those doubts, concerns or fears are nothing more than Satan’s whisperings to keep you from longing, aching and yearning for HIS return. Perhaps if you’re able to recognize where those thoughts are coming from you’ll be able to alter your perspective.
Jesus wants you to be at peace…HE is reaching out to you with it in HIS hands…just take it!

5 Likes

A lot of similar thoughts at least in the past. But you know I think back to a couple of dreams I had and I know I know we can’t trust everybody’s dreams I myself do not care much about peoples dreams quite honestly.

But I had a couple and one of them well I will skip all the details but I believe it was a dream from the Lord and it was when I was a baby Christian. So this goes back 20 years ago. I still remember this dream like it was yesterday which never happens to me.

Basically I saw myself waiting for an arrival waiting to meet this “person“ . I knew he was on the way. I was running through a golden wheat field. Nothing else was around I was running and running and running but I kept looking back expecting the arrival. That sums it up but the feeling is what I remember most. It was like this person who was on the way was completely safe unlike any other person you’ve ever met. No questions no fears no doubts— complete connection complete understanding complete safety complete comfort complete love complete happiness complete joy… it was like I was waiting for my best friend that I have yet to meet.

I believe this dream came from the Lord I believe that it meant I would come a time where I would be involved in the rapture and certainly waiting on it. But I believe that is who Jesus is. Now at the time I really didn’t know that.

Fast forward some 10 years later and I was more aware of the rapture topic. I started to ponder the same things that you were talking about well many of them in the way. And I stumbled across some videos by a guy name Randy Alcorn. By citing scripture he helped me to understand a lot of the answers to your questions you should look him up. Lots of YouTube videos or at least used to be.

Although we cannot know all of the wondrous things in the Bible is clear about that— if he created this world and all of the beauty you can imagine there’s going to be much more. Eventually he’s going to renew this earth and then some. Personally I don’t think we’re going to forget what happened here we’re just going to have a relief and a different understanding and the complete peace. Anyways look him up :slight_smile:

Since I reviewed his interviews it was a comfort to me and ever since then I have actually looked forward to being there… in fact I can’t wait.

And then of course we have what’s going on in the world around us and I completely absolutely 100% despise the world that we live in now and I want nothing more than to be done with it!

4 Likes

you think in depth! Trust God. I term it like this if you fell off a cliff He is the parachute.
Hes got all under control! also,

keep you eyes on Jesus not the storm or (preferences ect.) peter did fine till he looked at the water/waves/storm

yes I know oh my its hard.

and yes, its satan tormenting you, ask God to put his blood over you and rebuke that evil thing in Jesus name.
God is good trustworthy and faithful!

may you have peace of mind and heart and know its all going to be ok!

4 Likes

I will be bless to pray for you. The wonders of God, so amazing so loving so kind. I believe it will be a day of glory like no other when the rapture comes. Let God do the driving and chill ! Trust Him, He got this and He hears you and He has your back! You belong to Him and He loves you so very much! I will be glad to pray for you.

3 Likes

Have I not commanded you- be strong and courageous-do not tremble or be dismayed- for the LORD your GOD is with you where ever you go. Joshua 1:9

2 Likes

I have been struggling too. I find myself sometimes sad, angry and I will be asking God for help until the day of the rapture. Working for a elementary school and knowing kids will be vaxxed has really put me in a angry mood. I found myself saying " I can’t wait to see these evil people in front of God" I should not have said that and will ask for forgiveness. I’m so upset. I know I should have not said that because everyone is able to find redemption as I did, but it slipped out out of frustration and anger. I hope God forgives me. I have been struggling with my emotions for sometime since all this evil has emerged. Please pray for me as well. I pray for all who are struggling with high emotions that God will come soon. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

I will be bless to pray for you. I understand you our struggling and upset, these days our hard. Jesus warn us about these days. He also warn against harming children do you recall the story " it’s better that a mill stone be hung around there neck. Trust God, He see and hear what is going on. He got this we just have to keep walking in the light. Amen.

1 Like

I love that you so freely posted your feelings, I think you are very brave. I can relate to some of yur feelings and I’m looking forward to the responses!

1 Like

I agree

Amen love this verse!

the nearness i am to Jesus❤ the hidden i am underneath His wings

God works in mysterious ways…

When you chase after God, His goodness chases after you :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I have been struggling too. I find myself sometimes sad, angry and I will be asking God for help until the day of the rapture. Working for a elementary school and knowing kids will be vaxxed has really put me in a angry mood. I found myself saying " I can’t wait to see these evil people in front of God" I should not have said that and will ask for forgiveness. I’m so upset. I know I should have not said that because everyone is able to find redemption as I did, but it slipped out out of frustration and anger. I hope God forgives me. I have been struggling with my emotions for sometime since all this evil has emerged. Please pray for me as well. I pray for all who are struggling with high emotions that God will come soon. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

1637603152109blob.png