My family needs help

I have 2 prayer requests for my family.

First, for their salvation. My husband and 2 children (ages 21 and 22) have lost their faith in God. They now say that they are agnostic.

2nd prayer request is for my daughter. Our relationship has been a struggle since she was in high school. But things took a significant turn for the worst this past week.

She met a man online and told us that she was going to fly to Denmark to meet him. She has only spoken to this man for 5 months. My husband and I had huge fights with her about going. We begged and pleaded. We even spoke to the man which made it worse because he is not a good person. He has mental health issues and is aggressive.

We put so much pressure on our daughter not to go. She ended up not going but is extremely angry and resentful. She said we over stepped our boundaries and embarrassed her and treated her like a child. She said that we should have respected her decision to visit this man. She isn’t speaking to us now

She still lives at home (she is in college) She also struggles with anxiety and depression.

There is so much tension. I’m filled with sadness. My heart is so heavy.

26 Likes

I will say a prayer for your family right now…

So sorry that you’re going through this on top of everything else that is happening in the world.

But God…

I’m sure there will be many that will be praying for you.
Stay strong… You are loved :heart::pray:

10 Likes

Thank you so much

4 Likes

I just prayed that Jesus would touch their spirits and draw them to Him. It is His will that they all become saved. We know the enemy wants to steal the seeds that lead to their salvation - but Jesus is greater than the enemy.

6 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Praying for you dear sister. You made the right decision in denying her. She may be mad at you, but she is not with him. What a sigh of relief you must have had. I sure would have. This will give you more time with her; praying for her and hopefully the Holy Spirit will get thru to her. I would suggest going into her room when she is not there and praying over every inch of it; laying hands on her bed and asking God to minister to her in her sleep. If there is darkness surrounding her, it will have to flee by you confessing that room (and your home) a place where God dwells. Also, place a bible on her bed and maybe have some prayer time with her and a daily reading. Even if she may object, tell her that it would make you happy and hopefully she will work with you (as the Holy Spirit works with her).
I have 2 daughters and went thru similar struggles with them.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your prayers and advice.

4 Likes

You are very welcome and it is a privilege to pray for your family.

2 Likes

May the Lord touch all of your lives. Breaking the hearts of those that He must quickly bring close to Him for salvation. Then turning any sadness into joy!
May the Lord calm and bring peace into you and your families hearts so you each one of you may hear Him as the Holy Spirit moves in your home. Peace I speak into your home and the Joy of the Lord to be your strength! :heart:

2 Likes

Keep you and your family in my prayers and may God open their eyes and hearts to receive the truth. Blessing M :pray: :heart:

2 Likes

Sister sounds like you have your hands full. As for your daughter, if this man cares about her that much then let him come to her. I think that would be fair to you and your husband and a safe way to go. As they say my house my rules be firm, but fair. As for your question on your husband faith and your sons, let God deal with them. Sounds like they both know of God , so they need prayer to get back on track . Jesus has them firmly in his hand trust God and the Holy Spirit . We have a wonderful Father in Heaven and we just need to trust Him , believe me God hears you and love you. Try not to worry , I will say a prayer for you. Lets see what God will do over the next few weeks to wake them up, I believe it will happen. Amen

2 Likes

Thank you

Thank you for your prayers. We told her that he should come visit her. We even spoke to him through Skype but he was very dismissive and said that he would never come visit her because he didn’t like to travel. There were many red flags throughout our conversation with this man. Which made our fear greater

1 Like

I understand, hope things turn around.

1 Like

Praying for your family and your daughter

1 Like

Thank you

You and your family are in my prayers tonight. Psalm 91.

3 Likes

Still praying for you and your family today your not forgotten! I believe God is with you!

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you so much. Yesterday I woke up feeling at peace. And later on in the day my daughter told me that she’s made an appointment to see a counselor.

I do believe God is with me because yesterday was the first day I didn’t feel the intense sadness and hopelessness. I am so grateful for all the people who have prayed for my family.

4 Likes