My friend is having cancer surgery Thursday

My very good friend Bessie is having a lumpectomy Thursday and I am asking for prayer for her. It is contained and not spreading anywhere. Caught very early; but still needs prayer. She is 87 years young and used to be my Sunday school teacher; now is just a very dear and loved friend. She is not afraid and trusts God completely. Thanks all.

21 Likes

Absolutely will pray for her, Linda. :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

Father in Heaven,
We praise You for Your goodness to us, for Your grace and mercy. We thank You for Your beloved Son Yeshua and the salvation He has bought for us. Thank You for Linda, that she has come here and asked us to join her in raising up Bessie and her upcoming surgery.

We thank You for Bessie Lord, for her faithfulness and her ministry! Please bless Bessie’s doctors, surgeon, and other caregivers with compassion, wisdom, integrity and success in their ministrations. Pour out Your blessings upon Bessie, Father— causing her body to heal completely and quickly. Please watch over Bessie’s family and pets, especially while she is recovering. Thank You for this precious daughter, Father, and the glory she has brought to Your Name. Thank You for taking care of her and all she needs. In the Name above all names, Yeshua, our Kinsman-Redeemer, we pray and give You praise. Amen.

5 Likes

Thanks to both of you for praying for Bessie. She lost her husband late last year. When Richard was in his last day of life, he was talking out loud and he told Bessie, “It is my turn. that lady just got in front of me.” He was so ready for Heaven and to meet Jesus. For years, he would say he was really old and he didn’t understand why the Lord wasn’t calling him Home. When He finally did, Bessie made sure he had a preacher who would preach a salvation message during the funeral. She did not care much for the church pastor since he rarely preached from the Word and seldom called the name of Jesus. She had a hospice pastor from Sioux City come and preach his service.

She is faithful. She has no pets and lives alone, but her children and grandchildren are very loving and attentive. Thanks both of you.

5 Likes

Praying sister!

I pray that God’s loving Grace, Mercy and Love be upon sister Bessie and give her all the courage through the process that needs be done and may The Lord work through the doctors and nurses that will operate on her and may it be a complete success all the way.

May The Lord our God be our sister’s strength and heal her whole. In Jesus Christ’s mighty name I pray. :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

Prayers for your friend. What a blessing to have such a friend.

4 Likes

Thanks to all of you on Bessie’s behalf. I will let you know how it goes; though I suspect it might be a piece of cake.

3 Likes

Praying for this dear soul . Thank You Lord for Your faithful servant Bessie who has touched many hearts for You. Please Lord surround her with Your perfect care and love and may this procedure be successful in ridding her of any and all cancer. In Jesus mighty and wonderful name, Amen.

3 Likes

Thank you, Susan. I will share these posts with Bessie.

2 Likes

Remembering to pray for Betsy, just now. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Bessie. I will call her tomorrow. She may be sore today.

1 Like

Oops, yes, Bessie.:cherry_blossom: Absolutely. :hugs:

2 Likes

Praying Bessie’s recovery will be 100% wellness

3 Likes

Bessie called today. She is sore and also tired. Doctor told her he got as much of it as he could. Sent it off to be tested. I won’t see her for awhile as we are supposed to go to Greeley next weekend to see Gary’s daughter. then it will be almost non-stop appointments in preparation for husband’s knee replacement surgery and two doctor appointments for me. I asked her to text me and let me know what the results of testing the tumor are. It sounds as though it wasn’t as simple as htought. Not encapsulated.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry, if that’s the case. Looks like we have a lot to be praying for. :pray:

2 Likes

I will call her tomorrow. Hopefully she feels better. Praying it didn’t go into other areas. Will let all of you know as soon as she knows what she is dealing with. She has opted for no treatment, however it turns out. She is in her late 80’s and ready to go home to Jesus.

7 Likes

I got a text from Bessie and her labs came back clean! No more cancer! thank you to all who prayed for her and thank You, Lord God Almighty.

3 Likes

Praise God Almighty for He is very good!! He deserves all the glory and praise! :raised_hands:t2::smiley:

Thank you for keeping us posted on Bessie’s news. I am thrilled to hear that she has recovered fully by God’s Loving Grace! :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

2 Likes

Praying for this dear lady. So cool you still are in touch through the years!

2 Likes

Praise the Lord! Thank You Jesus!

2 Likes