My sister is trying to influence my kids to get the vaccine!

I am asking for prayer. I’m sorry to ask for more prayers again about this issue. My husband and I have had a terrible argument about getting the 2 kids (15 and 12) vaccinated. My husband and our eldest son (18) are vaccinated. I refuse to allow our younger 2 to be vaccinated. The things my husband said to me were beyond hurtful. He said I’m a conspiracy theorist, and that he can’t handle it or me, anymore.

Then today my sister texted me, my husband, and our 3 kids (18, 15, 12) about how dangerous the delta variant is and that people are dying. So my 12 and 15 year olds were being told by their Aunt, that they can die. So I did a separate text and told her to never do that again - to scare them like that ever again. I told her I have done research and I will not let them get vaccinated. She continued to badger me about it. Then, she made a group text with my friends and family on my husbands side, asking everyone about their kids’ vaccination status. I’m boiling over with anger, and praying for God to forgive me for the anger that I am feeling. I feel alone in this, in terms of my family and friends, and I feel so betrayed by my sister.
Please Lord, forgive me for my anger and the not-Christian thoughts I’m having.

My kids start school on Wednesday. I don’t trust the schools. I want to homeschool them, but my husband does not.
I know this isn’t just coming to a head, it’s already here. I’m begging for the Lord to help me and help all of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

33 Likes

Praying for you now.

7 Likes

Praying, @Faith1 What a painful situation. My heart is breaking for you. Praying, praying, praying…:heart:

7 Likes

This sounds so painful. I have some insight with my own situation. I tell everyone, if they ask, that my child can decide for herself when she is 18. There are questions over fertility and I do not have the right to mess around with that. Do some research on the fertility side of things if you think it will help, and ask them if they are prepared to risk that

4 Likes

It is perfectly understandable that you would be angry. Your sister is violating your parental rights and encroaching on your role as a parent. Your sister is also interfering in your parent-child relationship, encouraging your children not to trust you . . . and to possibly defy you at a future time. And she is exploiting a weakness in your marital relationship for her own goals and purposes. I would be angry about that, too.

I had a similar situation with a relative who was trying to introduce transgender ideology to my very, very young children. My children are homeschooled, and this relative seems to think it is their “moral duty” to “enlighten” my kids so they won’t be “sheltered.” This relative also tried to introduce my small children to the idea of keeping secrets from parents. Since this relative felt they were on a “moral mission,” they would not back down – exploiting our family relationship at every opportunity as a way of trying to “enlighten” my kids (ie. at holidays, birthday parties, Christmas, etc.). I had to cut this person off completely. They are now allowed ZERO contact with my children. This has caused a rift in our family, as others blame ME when we all can’t get together for Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. But I don’t care. My children come first. Raising my children in a Godly way takes precedence over the desires of adults.

After I cut contact with the pushy relative, one of my children’s grandparents (knowing my position) tricked me into a situation where that other person would have access to my children. I had to VERY firmly put my foot down with the grandparent: “You don’t have to agree with how we raise our children, but you DO have to respect it. If you insist on undermining our role as parents, then you will not be around our children. You will need to wait until they turn 18 to see them again if you cannot respect our parental authority. I love you, but I must do what I think is best for my children and my family.” I tried to be calm, loving, but FIRM. The grandparent apologized, admitted they were wrong, and promised not to pull a stunt like that again. So far, that has put an end to all that nonsense.

I know that what I did wasn’t “nice.” Maybe some people would think I’m “mean.” But it was necessary. God entrusted my children to me for a reason. If God wanted my relatives raising my kids, He would’ve made them the parents. In the same way, God has selected YOU, not your sister, to be the mother of your children. Some people will push and push and walk all over you until you show them that YOU are Mama Bear.

It sounds like your sister thinks she’s on a “moral mission,” as my relative did. If that is the case, she will not quit until you set some very firm and very clear boundaries. I do NOT suggest that you cut her off completely, the way I had to. But you do need to start thinking of some boundaries. Do you want to limit her access to your children’s phones and e-mails and social media? Do you want to limit her from seeing your children unsupervised? And if you think she is going to conspire with your husband to influence your children against you, do you need to keep her away until she calms down? I pray that the Holy Spirit will help you determine what boundaries are appropriate for your situation. Whatever you decide, you will need to:
(1) come up with a clear boundary,
(2) firmly communicate that boundary,
(3) clearly communicate what will happen if that boundary is violated, then
(4) stick to it.
Make sure you have that conversation at a time when your anger has subsided and you’ve had a chance to calm down. Pray before you have the conversation. And make sure you tell your sister clearly that you love her, even as you are being firm. “I love you, but I must do what is best for my children.”

This may also be a really good time to spend some quality time with your children. Your sister has attacked their trust in you. Now is a time to strengthen that trust. Maybe show them some articles and videos that support your decision. Watch and read them together, then discuss them. Maybe share with them some Bible verses about the end times, and discuss them together. They are old enough for in-depth conversations. Don’t leave them in the dark. If you don’t confront this head-on, the seed of distrust your sister has planted in them may grow. Draw your children close to you now and pluck up that nasty seed before it sprouts into a weed. Hold your children close and don’t let today’s events get between you and your children. I suspect your children will be heavily pressured at school from teachers and school staff about this jab. Even disregarding what happened with your sister, you need to make sure you’ve won your children’s hearts and minds when it comes to this jab.

I think as the day draws nearer, we are going to see more and more wicked attacks against children. And we may have to show our Mama Bear teeth more often. Being stern is not something that Christian women are accustomed to doing. But sometimes, it is appropriate. I don’t think that it is a sin to protect children. It is a sin to be unforgiving. It is a sin to hold a grudge. But I don’t think it is a sin to be a Mama Bear protecting her cubs. (And who knows? Maybe you are protecting your sister as well? Read Matthew 18:6 and Luke 17:2.)

Praying that the Lord will give you the wisdom and strength to converse with your sister calmly, firmly, and lovingly in a way that protects your children and brings glory to the Lord. Praying for healing in this relationship. Praying that the Lord will help you forgive your sister, even while you simultaneously protect your children as Mama Bear. And praying that the Lord will protect your children’s minds and hearts.

19 Likes

@Faith1
You and most of us here are using logic, not just things that we are being told. This is an untested vaccine. It is impossible to know the long term effects of the vaccine, when the virus itself is relatively new. Also, why was it not given to children under a certain age if it is harmless?

You and most of us here are putting our trust in God and logic. Your husband is putting his trust in the Government, which has shown to be corrupt. The year 2020 should have shown anyone who is paying attention just how corrupt the Government is! :angry:

7 Likes

Faith1,

Praying for you and your family Sister.

:pray:
Shalom

3 Likes

Hi Faith, I cant offer any better advice than you have already been given, but a friend, very recently said to me, if you are under attack, you are doing something right. Stick to your guns Faith. Take courage from the pushback. This friend shared this with me
2 Corinthians 12:9-11 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
We knew this was coming, and to be honest, being under attack under your own roof is the worst thing I can imagine. Theres no escape. And all sensibility seems to have deserted many people.
Nehemiah 8:10Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Isaiah 41:10So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song. He has given me victory.
God is saying you have already conquered this, he knows because He sees everything.
Keep sharing what you are struggling with, know you have the support of your whole family on here, we are all here to help and share the load for each other. God bless :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Yours in Christ.

12 Likes

Del Bigtree did a video that broke down the risk of dying from covid in kids an getting myocarditis from the shot. Risk of myocarditis was much more. Obesity is still a major risk factor in death from covid and of course can increase risk even in kids. The kids that have died that have been publicized have been obese. But they won’t tell anyone that.

2 Likes

Heart-rending situation @Faith1 - Praying.

Please see the chart below for CDC’s own data on…

Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) among ages 0-18 years in the United States - All Sexes/Races

Date Range: 1 April 2020 - 24 July 2021.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Deaths-by-Sex-Ages-0-18-years/xa4b-4pzv

Math was never my strong suit so would welcome anyone to do the overall risk probability/percentage based on those numbers, but according to Rand Paul at approx 56 seconds those under 25 are more likely to be struck by lightening (citation/source needed) than mortality from C19.

That being the case your husband should be sending your children out with quivers full of copper earthing rods in addition to the ‘prods’ - just to be on the safe side.

In Christ

4 Likes

Exactly.

5 Likes

Must be something in the air; I was told I was “crazy” and that he was waiting for me to “snap out of it”.
Praying for you…I know your heart is broken. :cry:

6 Likes

I’m sitting here, with my husband and my 12 year old son, listening to the liars on NBC. We were watching the Olympics, and it went to the news. My husband has it on TV. Now my son is listening to the lies, and I don’t know what to do because I’m ready to break down. I continue to pray - I think I need to start fasting. This is happening so fast.

8 Likes

Psalms can be so comforting when you are in situations like this, feeling overwhelmed and outnumbered. Ask the Lord to speak to you through His word. God’s got you; lean on Him.

4 Likes

Is your husband listening ONLY to lying mainstream media? Maybe you need to expose him to some alternative news sources. And he can’t call it “fake news.” These numbers were published by the CDC.

6 Likes

I’m praying for you. the turmoil makes me so sick.

I have been trying to influence my nephews not to believe the hype, but I’m limited on that, since there is that line drawn when I’m not their parent.

if you were supportive of the vax, and I were your sister, I’d be trying to warn the kids too. the issue here is, we believe she’s not speaking out of truth. but then to go against parents is considered encroaching. like, what am I supposed to do, when I see their parents leading them toward a burning pit?? that might be how she views you.

for the sake of fairness, I do want to say, she has the right to submit info to your children. but at the end of the day, you are the parent, and your children have the right to do their own research.

they are too young to lead themselves, but we also can’t pretend they will never hear a differing voice. we just don’t have that level of control. we can make them do whatever we want them to do, but I want to say, when it comes to their aunt telling them things, I personally think it’s better to tell the kids what YOU think in response to her claims, and give them the opportunity to seek the truth on their own terms. we have to talk to our kids, not just tell others not to speak their own opinions around them.

I don’t want to sound like I think you did the wrong thing. I understand your concerns. but as someone who is not allowed to tell my nephews the real truth, I have to be fair, and say that everyone should have a say, but you are the parent at the end of the day, and it’s your parenting that matters more than anything Aunt says. my nephews look up to me so much, but they are under their parents’ authority ultimately.

in closing, my most important note is that I am praying for your children to be protected from the jab somehow. I am praying for your husband to learn the truth somehow. I am saddened that he won’t take you seriously. he is your partner that you became one with. if you are divided on this, at this point in the whole scheme, it seems things will just get worse for you. it’s so deep in already.

I agree on homeschooling. ugh, I just have to pray over the situation with your husband. why you’ve become so divided. I don’t know what things were like between you before covid became a thing. I don’t know if you were super close or already cracked apart somehow as a couple. I want to ask questions but I don’t want to sound nosy. I’m just putting out the different thoughts that strike me.

I am praying for you, for your protection and for the children’s protection, and for your husband’s blindness to be cut right through the center.

it seems the best thing you can do is continue loving on your children with the truth. so much is out of your hands. but each day they can know how much you love them and are looking out for them, without wanting to micromanage them. being someone they can turn to. I want so much to help, I just don’t know what I can say. but I am praying for you. praying for good news.

5 Likes

He considers anything that is non-MSM as conspiracy theories. He barely goes online. His only “news” is MSM. Anything I try to put in front of him - he says it can’t be true, because if it were true, it would be on the “real” news. He has it completely in his head that MSM is the only source.

1 Like

:sob: This is such a painful situation and seems the enemy of our souls is doing his best to divide and conquer. Faith1, pray you will be encouraged to count all of the times in scripture where Faith WON. Perhaps, too, praying specifically against this spirit of division? “We wrestle not against flesh and blood . . . “

Sweet Jesus, you called the little children to come unto you. Today we bring Faith’s children. . . And all of the little ones in danger from this present darkness… . Protect them,Jesus, from the danger of the shot and the mask and the pressure to conform and the fear that spreads faster than any virus. Give Faith great courage and wisdom and insight as she stands in the gap to protect her young. By your Holy Spirit, May she know just what words to speak. . . And when to keep silent. Bring your peace into her home. Let the eyes of her husband be opened to see the truth, his ears opened to hear it. We ask in your name, Jesus, and pray that we will have because we ask. Amen🙏🏼

Additionally, I wonder if your husband and sister have seen any of the personal testimonies of young people who have been injured by these vaccines, for example, the 12 year old who appeared in a press conference with Senator Ron Johnson? Our the 17 year old basketball player from Utah?? For some, only seeing is believing.

God bless you, Faith. Keep the faith. :blue_heart:

6 Likes

So sorry you are going through this. I just experienced the same thing with my sister and brother in law harassing me and telling my 18 year old daughter to take the vaccine and ignore my craziness. Praying that God helps me forgive because they are lost and know not what they do.

4 Likes

What a thoughtful, wise, and well written response! I couldn’t have said it any better. I hope she considers your advise and I especially agree that we are going to see an increasing amount of this wickedness directed at our children. You are absolutely correct that the aforementioned children are old enough for those conversations and Biblical explanations. I pray that ALL parents are spending time in the Word with their children, teaching and equipping them for the times we are in.

5 Likes