My son is in the hospital

Please pray for my son. God answered my prayers 3 weeks ago. He asked for help for the first time. I was able to by get him off of the streets and into the ER. Once he was stable, they transferred him to a psychiatric hospital. As he is now an adult, I am unable to contact him, speak with his caregivers or otherwise be involved in his treatment. They could release him and I would never know. And of course, Covid prevents visitors. Please pray that God’s hand will be over every detail of his healing, especially his spiritual healing. I want my son back so much. Seeing what he has put himself through these past 6 years has been unbearable. Mental illness is the silent pandemic stealing the lives of people everywhere and no one notices; unfortunately even families do not care or cannot help. Please pray. Thank you.

42 Likes

Dear Heavenly Father
Please come face @ALIYAH ‘s plea for guidance to her son who has taken a step in the right direction to receive help for the body and mind, and now also, aid in the spiritual. Blaze forth a trail of Heavenly light to this man’s soul. Place upon him Your hands of healing miracle to not only heal him of earthly means, but with Godly good turning him around from the path he has been on. Blanket him with warmth of comfort by Your voice and come to Him in only a way that will reach him and guide him to salvation in Christ. May he see the way the truth and the life as clear as day and may he cling to you as a mother clings to its parent. May he become the vessel suited for Your purpose now so he may reach and attain that grasp on eternal life.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

24 Likes

In agreement , Amen

6 Likes

My :heart: goes out to you. My son also has Bipolar 1 along with the other illness that accompanies it. I am so glad that he reached out to you but saddened that you cannot visit him or be there for him.

Praying for you and your son during this time.

5 Likes

@ALIYAH
You said, ”I am unable to contact him, speak with his caregivers or otherwise be involved in his treatment.”

I can only speak to California. I would imagine other states are similar in the USA.
With your son’s permission, you should be able to be a part of his care and speak to his caregivers by phone when the time comes. He should be able to call you eventually.

Caregivers might be preventing contact for the time being. They should not just release him; it should be into a program when he is ready. Most 30-day programs prohibit contact with the outside world for the first 30-days especially with family, this is normal. All of these programs are 12-step, you might want to brush up on them to see how they work.

AA and NA are fantastic 12-step programs when worked properly. I used to volunteer at a men’s group home and have seen many people healed of their addictions in society, even those with mental illnesses.

So, take heart my sister and know that God is in control. I know that being patient is easier said than done but try mom.
I will offer up daily prayers for you both for a while. Maranatha !
Agape,
Ken

9 Likes

Sorry to hear of his illness. I will keep him in my prayers for wisdom in the best path for treatment by the doctors.

5 Likes

Praying for all of you and your children.
I truly hope the Holy Spirit can reach their hearts.
God bless.

5 Likes

Prayers for you and your son. Jesus is a God of miracles!

5 Likes

God bless you,Aliyah … I’m sorry for what you are going through. May the Lord protect him and give you peace through this. May he surround you with love and tenderness.

I agree with you a thousand percent on mental illness, it is so looked over and forgotten. It’s horrible for the one suffering with it and the family that struggles with the feeling of helplessness. You are not alone :heart::pray:t3:

5 Likes

I hear your pain ! I also identify with the mental illness aspect. I lift your son into the loving arms of our Father, who loves your son with a Love that is unfathomable to us. May His perfect will be done in his life. In Jesus name.
Sometimes, speaking about my own recovery, when I didn’t see Him at work, I was looking for an event, when in fact looking back, it was a process. My God give you peace.
Warmly Doc

7 Likes

I will pray for you

2 Likes

Hi ,
My son suffers from mental illness . I understand your pain . I tried to privately message you but I did not know how to send it . My heart breaks everyday seeing my son suffer . He is 29 now . Your not alone . GOD knows our hearts and he protects his children . He gave you your son because he entrusted you .
What an honor !!!
God entrusted us to take care of his special sons . Some days I feel like I am drowning with pain . Imagine how wonderful it will be when the trumpet blows and we are raptured . We will see our sons with their glorified bodies.
Praise Jesus for our blessed hope .
We do not have to grieve like the world . We have hope . We will have our sons back . We will not have to ever worry again . They will never be homeless and on the streets again . Praise Jesus we serve the great "I Am "

Your Sister In Christ ,

Becky

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I am a former healthcare professional, (now disabled) so I do understand the rationale behind some of these treatment facilities. The problem is much more convoluted and I will just leave it at, he’s too paranoid to allow my involvement or to even give me the number I CAN call to speak with him. He still doesn’t realize he is sick, I am unable to communicate 6 years of behaviors to his providers so am praying that, unlike two previous hospitalizations where he WAS released following serious injury, his mental impairment will finally be fully addressed. I am thankful that I know where he is for the time being and pray that I will be contacted prior to his release. Your prayers are very much appreciated, because I KNOW they are powerful. Maranatha.

6 Likes

I will also be in prayer for you. Thank you for sharing this, sister. May our :broken_heart: hearts and theirs, be healed soon and very soon!

3 Likes

Wow Aliyah ,
we have so much in common . I have also
worked in the healthcare . I am also disabled . I used to work as mental health nurse in the states . My son has the paranoid symptoms . He is alive today because God . He was in and out of the hospital since he was 20 . He was homeless at times . He is paranoid and has put himself in dangerous situations . He is living with us right . I am grateful because I don’t worry as much now . The group home setting did not work out for him . He finally has agreed to take his medication . It is still a challenge every day . please pray for me . The lockdowns have complicated everything . Our only support is God . I can’t complain about that . JD is my church right now . Your son will get stabilized in the hospital and you will be able to talk to him . The medication works but the side effects are lethargy . Your the first person I have talked to in a forum about my son . I believe it was meant to be . Keep me posted on how your son is doing and your prayer needs . I feel like God has gifted us with a friendship to share and talk freely how broken down the mental health system
is . It is very painful to watch our sons suffer . I get it . I am praying for your son and whole family . It effects everyone in the family . If you have any questions please feel free to ask . I tried to privately send a message but couldn’t figure out how to send it . It just would not send . Go figure !!! If you have any questions please feel free to message me . I hope I can encourage you through this difficult time . The medication really helps !!! you will have your son back and will be able to talk to him and his mind will understand . The challenge will be keeping him on the medication .

becky

6 Likes

Hi Bekind ,
thank you for your prayers much needed . mental illness is a different from other health issues . The person cannot rationalize and some hear voices . They cannot define reality
and they become fearful . The voices they hear are like we hear when we talk to one another . It is a brain chemical imbalance .
So much is misunderstood about mental illness . I feel very isolated because people just stay away because they do not know how
to respond or help . Praying and encouraging makes all the difference . Keep our sons in your prayers . The power of prayer exceeds
all . I started a prayer chain topic for all people
who are suffering from mental illness . thank you , you are truly kind person .

Becky

6 Likes

How wonderful that will be, but my son is a non believer. I know God is waiting for him to come to him but my son is 19 and thinks he knows more than I do

3 Likes

I will pray for him . He is very young and he is still in construction . Never lose hope God honors our prayers . I put a prayer chain in the forum - put your son in it so we can pray for him from all corners of the world .

blessings
Becky

5 Likes

Praying, @ALIYAH. :heart:

Praying that the God of all comfort and Father of mercies* comforts the souls of all here and renews your strength collectively as you wait upon Him. I pray that the name of God might be glorified through the healing of your loved ones. I ask, too, that the spiritual deception perpetrated upon your loved ones will be nullified and done away with, that they might come to Jesus and be saved. Amen!

*2 Corinthians 1:3-5

7 Likes

I love that quote, it says it all, we take our suffering and use it to help others who suffer, because we can emphasis with their suffering. Sort of what Jesus can do, coming in human flesh, and suffering like us. (my take anyway) Warmly Doc

3 [Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. 2 Corin. 1

9 Likes