Need a friend to run this race with

I am in my 50s divorced, disabled at the moment needing hip replacement surgery and possible spinal surgery. I have no friends or family that are close to me. None believe as I do so I have no one to share watching for our blessed hope with.
I’m looking for some friends to share daily thoughts, encouragement, scripture and just anything with.

If this is not allowed please delete.
If you are interested in having someone to run this race with DM me. I look forward to meeting you.
Thanks Kristin Williams

25 Likes

You are not alone, you have found a friend, a sister in Christ. We are all here to reach out to one another and share our minds. I don’t find anything wrong with your post, it is a good one. I appreciate you sharing over here.

I am sorry to hear that you are disabled and you have no one close to you.
You are in my prayers Kristin. Just remember that God loves you very much, more than you can imagine.

I love when JD Farag shares with us on the ASSEMBLING of the Church, so he gives a very good example on his watch that he wears. If you saw his last prophecy update, you will probably know what I am talking about. :smiley:

Keep in touch! Your sister in Christ,

Kate

11 Likes

I just finished watching a video by pastor Yankee Arnold and thought to share it with you. I pray that it will be encouraging and a blessing to you.

3 Likes

Dear Kristin, I end up doing really poorly with keeping up in 1:1 messaging, over time, but I do delight in come and go gatherings where we’re all here for each other in an easy but warm sort of way. I heartily invite you to this social thread where the door is always open, and we each can feel comfortable with one another. This may not be the fellowship that you are looking for, but I invite you to stop by. It’s a thread where you don’t have to be concerned about going off-topic. ☕️Solid Ground Cuppa House

10 Likes

I do know how you feel Kristin. None of my family live close to me either, and my only local friend moved to another state the beginning of the month. :frowning:
No one I know in RL believes as I do either. My youngest daughter does believe in the rapture but is not looking for it to happen soon.
Sending you virtual hugs and prayers.

10 Likes

Well the house here is full of people to talk to in open forum or in private message. As my Pappy was want to say, you pays your money, you makes your choice. Lots of shoulders to cry on, lots of clowns to laugh with. What ever trips your trigger or floats your boat. Just keep it clean and nice.

9 Likes

Please know that I shall be praying for you!

6 Likes

Thank you Merrilee I will stop by!

8 Likes

Please do stop by Kristen, it is lovely there :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for your prayers Violet. Praying for you too! May God’s grace and peace surround you and keep you!
Kristin

4 Likes

Thank you flyboy2610
God’s grace and peace to you
Kristin

2 Likes

Thank you Kate. What a blessing the video was. Thank you for your encouragement. God’s grace and peace to you. Kristin

5 Likes

Similar situation. Disability is no vacation. Had I had some foreknowledge of how the past 10 years would go, I would have made much better time of the talents I was entrusted with. Sitting is hard. It took me a few years to understand how Heavenly Father was saying “Be Still and KNOW that I AM God." The past 4.5 I’ve lived each day as though the trumpet would sound and we would meet our Lord Jesus imminently. I’m tired now. Tired like never before. And alone as I can be, as you find yourself to be, except for my never ending hope that my Lord is always with me. He will never leave me, nor forsake me. I rely solely on His mercy and spilled blood. Watching the news is like watching a horror show,…but one we have always known is coming. I’ve always wanted to change the world, help everyone around me; advise, teach, correct, lighten burdens, praise, admire, enable et. al….Now, all I can do is wonder constantly during the long days of nothingness, what my purpose for continuing to be here might be, rather than being forever cradled in the arms of the perfect LOVE I seek in Christ. But I have learned down to my very inward parts that it was never about those things “I” did, even in His name. It was always about who He was molding me to BE. Father can work with that all alone, here with me better than He ever could when I was so busy trying to choose rightly and act rightly and battle the flesh in all forms and fashions. Disability has taught compassion and humility in a way I wish I could have known before. And it is truly in our weakness that we are strong. There is no scripture in God’s Word that says, “God never gives us more than we can handle.” NOPE. If He loves us, He will use whatever means necessary to bring us tightly into the sheepfold. I love Him. My duty is to continue to take the log out of my own eye, to love mercy, to act justly and to walk humbly with my God. I must focus on caring for the one person I have neglected all these years and learn to love myself so that I can love my brothers and sisters much more effectively. If you would like my prayers, you have them, dear. I sympathize with your situation. It is frustrating, but we can do all things through Christ, Who gives us strength. Much warmth and love and a much needed hug, we’re it even possible. I will check back when able.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for your encouraging words dear sister. They helped me much. Just knowing I’m not alone and there are others out there running this race as best they can given their circumstances. I would be honored for your prayers for grace to go on. Blessings in Christ
Kristin

5 Likes

Me!!! I would love to be friends!!

Please message me :wink: :heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :sparkling_heart: :heartpulse:

6 Likes

What a wonderful blessing you have in your companion pup. Who could resist a big kiss on that adorable wet nose? Thanks for sharing these pictures to brighten my day, and God strengthen and encourage you daily.

3 Likes