Nephews Son in Induced Coma

Please pray for my nephew’s son, Paul Jr. (32). He is not married but please pray for his mom and dad and siblings as well.

He’s currently in the ICU and suffering from Blastomycosis. It’s caused by mold, which was recently found in his apartment. He’s had two recent bouts of pneumonia that were related to this but they just discovered it.

His kidneys started failing due to the medication he’s on to treat the fungus in his lungs. So he was intubated and put into a medically induced coma.

The medicine isn’t working the way they’d hope and he may have to get transferred to a different facility and put on ECMO, which only a handful of people survive. The fact he’s young is in his favour but it’s really bad.

They are all believers.

35 Likes

@DallasT

:face_holding_back_tears: Oh mercy DallasT, I am so sorry to hear that.

The silver lining, indeed, is that all are Believers :raised_hands:t3:.

I’ll lift him up in prayer :two_hearts:.

18 Likes

Praying for Paul and all of you who love him. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::heart::heart::heart::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

16 Likes

Joining others in lifting Paul Jr. to our heavenly Father’s care Dallas.

In Christ

17 Likes

Praying for Paul Jr and all of you DallasT. May the Lord give you all comfort and peace and divine healing. With much love :pray:

17 Likes

Lord, please hear the cry of our hearts concerning Paul Jr. We thank You that this family knows You and ask that they would be aware of Your presence that brings comfort and enduring strength. We ask that You would bring healing to this young man’s body and guide the medical staff as they care for him. In Your Son’s name we ask and trust, amen.

15 Likes

praying for Paul Jr , i am
so sorry dallas .

13 Likes

Praying for your son. Healing for him and the kidneys. In Jesus name. aka Sandy

13 Likes

I am praying for Paul and for all of you, Dallas. May God’s perfect will be done.

12 Likes

Father please touch Paul and may healing commence. In Jesus precious name we plead…for Your glory, for Paul’s benefit, Amen.

11 Likes

Yes I am praying for him. Fungal infections can be tough to kill…but God.

12 Likes

This is an update from my Nephew about his son that I thought I should share.

I want to tell everyone a bit about Paul Jr to help while praying for him, as I know so many are.

He has struggled with Autism his whole life. For most of that time, it went undiagnosed so he never really got the help he needed. He did the best he could, worked really hard but constantly struggled.

He made it through school and lived on his own and got married really young. His marriage didn’t last and I’m sure a big part of that is that his disability (and being undiagnosed with no help) made him difficult to live with.

He has had a hard time keeping jobs but always finds them and works hard when he gets them. His employers are always happy with his work ethic but inevitably something happens and it blows up. But he dusts himself off, gets back up again and finds something else. Always managing to pay his rent and pay back any money he may have had to borrow to get by when he wasn’t working.

He is so full of love. Always wanting to hug loved ones. Always showing up for family get-togethers, especially birthday parties which we have every year for all our kids.

I specifically remember him seeing my dearly departed Grandpa (my personal hero and his great-grandfather) at Extra Foods and running up and giving him a huge hug.

Since Emily (Special needs) was a baby, he has shown up every week to look after her for a few hours so my wife and I could have date night. Occasionally he had to change nights because of work commitments but he always let us know ahead of time and he ALWAYS showed up. The single most reliable of all our kids when it comes to showing up when he’s supposed to. And it means to much to me, my wife, family and especially to Emily.

Sunday night, he texted me to say he had to go to the hospital and was sorry he ”probably” wouldn’t make it Tuesday night to watch Emily because he was in bad shape. He kept texting us in our family group chat until Wednesday.

By Thursday morning when he wasn’t responding to texts, we knew something was wrong. We found out he’d been incubated and put into a medically induced coma overnight. His last wishes to the nurses before being put under were to not call and wake up his mom or Dad because we work so hard and need our sleep. Always thinking of others, that’s him.

The doctors told us today that his prognosis is not good. He may not be a candidate for ECMO, which may be his only chance for survival.

We need a miracle. He needs a miracle. Keep praying. Share this post. Get as much people praying as possible.

Edit: Another update:

Another update on Paul Jr…

The doctor said he’s “one of the sickest people in the province”. He is going to be transferred to another hospital that can give him better care.

The one bit of good news is that the bleeding in his lungs was NOT a pulmonary embolism and he likely still is a candidate for ECMO if he needs it.

He should be transferred today.

16 Likes

Such a moving tribute to a wonderful son.

Praying for a miracle, 'cos seems like that is what we need now for Paul Jr to recover. In the Mighty Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

11 Likes

UPDATE FROM MY NEPHEW:

For everyone praying for Paul, our sincere thanks and please keep it up
Paul is taking baby steps to get better. Lungs sound better, kidneys are the same maybe a bit better. He is not the worse patient here now. He is still sedated and intubated with lots of meds on board to help with blood pressure ect.

15 Likes

UPDATE FROM MY NEPHEW:
Some great news about my son! Thanks for all the prayers. They’re working.
He’s not out of the woods yet but on his way
They’re lifting Paul’s sedation medication today! This is big news, He’s improving. He will still be on the ventilator when he wakes up so we are worried he will be agitated when he does wake up. He needs to have a spontaneous breath before the ventilator can come out.
The medicines are working and the doctors are doing an excellent job monitoring.
Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts today!

15 Likes

That is wonderful news! God is so great, and I will tell Him so even more. Oh the relief you must feel. Very, very happy for you. God bless you even more.

11 Likes

Father God, your word says in Matthew 18:20 ,
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

In the Mighty name of Jesus we lift up Paul Jr and decree and declare James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Amen

12 Likes

@AlohaSugie Lvonne welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Lyvonne Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I THANK YOU and @EVERYONE for their prayers. They are working.

10 Likes

Morning Dallas @DallasT,
I don’t know how I missed this, but I will begin praying now and have added your family to our morning prayer list. Paul sounds like an amazing young man— such strength of character! I’m thankful he is getting better. And I’m even more grateful that Paul and all his family are Believers!

Father in Heaven,
Thank You so much for people like Dallas and Paul, and for families that believe what Your beautiful Son did for us when He came down to earth. He showed us how we should live. He died in perfect obedience to You, in perfect love for us and in our stead. I’m beginning to understand that 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 perfectly describes our Savior, Who is the perfect embodiment of Love.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Thank You Father, Son and Spirit for being Love, for being so good to us, and for working all things together for Your glory and for the good of those who love You. We praise you for this!

Thank You for overseeing all that Paul and his family need Father. Thank You for blessing Paul’s health care team with wisdom and compassion, and with integrity and success in their ministrations.

Thank You that You are not willing that any should perish and are opening hearts and directing the paths of those who have not yet accepted the redemption Your blessed Son has purchased for us— that we too may become Your sons and daughters. May the Name of Yeshua be lifted high on this earth and in Heaven! We thank You for Your goodness. In His Name we praise You and pray.
Amen.

8 Likes