Nephews Son in Induced Coma

Welcome Lyvonne @AlohaSugie,

I’m glad you’re here. Thanks for that beautiful declaration of scripture, lifting up Paul and his family. Our God is good and He keeps His promises!
Shalom

7 Likes

Thank You Lord, we see Your mighty hand at work in Paul Jr. May he continue to improve and health restored. In Jesus wonderful name, Amen.

5 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father

hold Paul Jr in your loving arms so he may feel your healing love in Jesus name. amen

7 Likes

Oh yes Lord, Amen! :pray:

4 Likes

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. - Gen 2:7

Our Loving Creator,

We wait upon You for the moment when Paul Jr can take that spontaneous breath and thereby indicate to the medical staff that he is ready to breathe on his own again, without the aid of the ventilator.
Thank You for the way in which the doctors are monitoring this young man’s progress and Thank You for increasing our faith.

In the Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

Update from my Nephew:
Paul Jr. continues to need your love and prayers as he’s taken a bit of a bad turn over the last 24 hours. Nurses are worried the infection may have spread beyond his lungs and he’s back under sedation.

Thank you for all prayers for my Great nephew.

13 Likes

Oh, @DallasT, so sorry to hear that. I’ll keep praying for him. Thank you for the update. God bless you dear.

6 Likes

Oh, wow! This is a young man that you just want to know. Praying fresh prayers for his significant medical needs. Father God, I know You are listening. :pray:

5 Likes

Hey there Dallas @DallasT,

Any news on how Paul Jr is doing? How’s your family holding up?

4 Likes

I haven’t heard anything other than the post I put :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: up 6 hours ago.
I’ll keep posting whenever I hear anything new.
As far as I know, the family is holding up o.k.
Thanks for asking and your prayers.

6 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father,

Place your healing hands on Paul and comfort him, draw him closer to Jesus and may your will be done in the name of Jesus Yeshua! Amen

6 Likes

Sorry Dallas,
Don’t know how I missed that. My prayers continue.

3 Likes

Update from my Nephew:

It has been 17 days on a respirator. His sedation is off and he is not waking up. He went for an MRI today and it was abnormal. He has an infection that they can’t figure out. So more tests to try to figure it out. His kidneys are still failing as well.
Good thing: his lungs are getting better and he passed the breathing test but they can’t take the tube out until he wakes up.
Thanks for all the prayers.

14 Likes

Continuing to pray for healing. In Jesus name. Sandra

7 Likes

Please merciful Father, touch Paul and may he wake up, may his body respond to the medicine and may healing begin. In Jesus mighty name we ask, Amen.

7 Likes

Update from Niece regarding their son Paul Jr.

Things are getting better. Lungs and kidneys are healing. Infection in his spinal fluid and brain are being treated and he is getting more alert.
He is making good strides forward and they are working on getting him sitting up now.
Hopefully they can take the breathing tube out in the next few days but he has water in his lungs that they are trying to clear up.
He still might need a tracheotomy in order to help him cough but they will trial him without breathing assistance first.

Appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts.

12 Likes

Still praying!:pray: Thanks for the update-always appreciated.

7 Likes

Update from my Nephew:

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts, words and prayers. Keep them coming.
Paul had his breathing tube removed today and is doing as well as can be expected. He’s talking….it’s hard to understand and his voice is very faint but it’s such a blessing. He definitely understands all the people pulling for him and he’s so grateful.

I thank all of my forum family for all your prayers for my nephew. All Praise, Honour and Glory to Jesus for what he has been doing in this young man’s life. I pray his family will see God’s hand in all of this.

8 Likes

Praise God for this hopeful report! So glad for the update.

6 Likes

Update from my Nephew:

Paul Jr is doing much better. He’s talking up a storm. Voice is still a little week but way better than it was on Friday.
He can eat or drink pretty much anything. He’s been transferred out of the ICU onto a ward.
Still receiving antibiotics for the infection but other than that, no tubes going into (or out of) him.

They will start doing physio and speech therapy this week. He is itching to get out and to get back to work. Gonna be a while but that’s his goal because, as he JUST SAID, ”you and Mom instilled that work ethic in me”

Praise the Lord and thank you all for your continued prayers and kind thoughts. We all appreciate it!
Edit: he still has a pic line for the antibiotics. I couldn’t even see it!

Thank you to ALL of you for the prayers and kind thoughts.
I probably wouldn’t update again unless it is something major.
Praise God for what he has done and is doing in that Family.
God is so good. All the Time. God is good.

12 Likes