Nostalgia - Older people or anyone may enjoy this

Add any more that you can think of.

27 Likes

How about the packaging that’s used for toys these days! Wow. Sometimes it’s more intricate than the toys themselves and just gets taken out to the garbage. Yikes. Not exactly good stewardship towards Creation but unfortunately I am guilty because I’ve always LOVED toys :grimacing:

6 Likes

We used to sell coke bottles for penny
candies . Do you remember the scooter pie ?
We ate fruit all day , riding our bikes looking
for neighborhood fruit trees . lol , Flying
kites at the school field . We played all day
until dawn . Things have changed . Going
to eat a hamburger fries coke was a big deal !!
Special maybe 3 times a year lol

14 Likes

Yes, we were out all day playing with friends and would have to come home when the street lights went on. Our parents didn’t even know where we were half the time.
Neighbors watched out for the kids and each other.
We invented games to play and took all kinds of risks, yet we survived.
I remember when the first McDonalds opened in Winnipeg and they were advertising a family of 4 could eat for under $5.00. That included a drink, ff, and a burger for each person. Wow! :open_mouth:
Going out to eat was a very rare treat.

15 Likes

It came to me today as I looked at the landscape and how beautiful it is from a far. But not so much as you get closer and see the details.

But heaven the closer we get the more beautiful it gets in mind and in spirit I can sense the beauty we are about to behold!

Shalom.

12 Likes

heaven

9 Likes

I may not be as distinguished as most of you but I am an 80’s and 90’s kid and I relate more to this.

7 Likes

Yea, and kids had to be home when the street lights came on! Less trouble in kids that way. Now kids are out all hours of the night and morning and getting into all kinds of trouble!
Linda
WGON

2 Likes

Yes, we invented stuff to keep us busy and happy. We had woods next to our subdivision where all us kids would go into the woods and build a fort. I remember using rotted logs for furniture. LOL. The guys would chop down saplings and we gals would place the logs/furniture where we wanted it! Great times!!!
Linda
WGON

5 Likes

I know it said older, but I don’t know how to change te title so it is more open to all. Any ideas???
After I wrote this I accidently found out how to do it. Thanks for your comment as it got me change it. :heart:

1 Like

very interesting comparison between upclose here vs upclose in heaven.

1 Like

a gift

3 Likes

same here :] we were the last ones who really knew freedom it seems. my siblings and I were always barefoot outside, but for some reason they raise their own children differently. they are not allowed outside without shoes, and their neighborhood is a secluded subdivision with nowhere to really explore. so lame.

4 Likes

@DallasT it doesn’t matter what the title is I got the gist :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Remember hopscotch and red rover? So much fun. We had a croquet set too. And badminton. The good ole days.

3 Likes

If this doesn’t make sense then you are definitely not old enough :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

We had a huge open field where we lived always full of cows and horses and I went everywhere barefoot. I remember playing frisbee with the dried up cow chips.

The frisbee did get smaller after every throw.

6 Likes

I always got picked last and it sucked :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Some of you are cracking me up. I am sitting here giggling. We need a smile button or laughing button along with the heart. Hee hee.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
@JaimieOxford
Me too, always last
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Picked last, first to sit on the sidelines ha ha ha

3 Likes