November 13th, 2022: Bible Prophecy Update - What Would Jesus Say About all This

Moses will be speechless:

5 Likes

@dlcv

Na…Dennis… Moses was used to protests.
BUT God put a stop to them with snakes.
Ya just got to love God’s sense of humor.
You mess with my Moses…
I will give you snakes that will kill you …
End of protest…Have nice day

8 Likes

IMG_20221114_063124_448

24 Likes

Thank you Pastor JD.
I hope I am making good use of my minas.

7 Likes

Pastor JD-
Thank you for your faithfulness in doing these updates every week.

I have never heard that birds represent evil in the parable of the mustard seed…it’s interesting and I am wondering what the basis of your statement is.

Thanks.
Bob

4 Likes

From article…

Abramowitz and Wapner’s original idea was to bring dozens of multifaith leaders to Mount Sinai for the inaugural ceremony, but Egyptian authorities refused permission, saying the time was not right.

The town of Saint Catherine, below the towering mountain, is currently a vast building site. The state is constructing new hotels and a huge center for multifaith prayer. The mountain is the most popular of several sites in Egypt, Israel and elsewhere that are traditionally associated with the biblical location of Mount Sinai, where Moses ascended to receive the Ten Commandments from God in the Old Testament.

Looking more into Saint Catherine…saw this

The whole article is interesting…saw the following in the article

King Charles III is the royal patron of the London-based Saint Catherine Foundation, which supports conservation work at the monastery. Neither the foundation nor Buckingham Palace responded to requests for comment.

Charles talks at 38:40

May God call them to account this is sickening

1 Like

Morning Ken, @YosemiteMountainMan

Or would they jump to our destruction like a pack of ravenous wolves?

Seriously, our government has proven they cannot be trusted. Why would— or should —any country come to our aid? At this point, all the useful idiots (ie world leaders) are trying to claw their way to what they think is the top. The more destruction they cause, the better (they believe) their resumé looks.

As far as I’m concerned, all bets are off on who anyone can count on— except Jesus. And besides, we’d still have been nuked— even if “our allies retaliated.” And if their retaliation was nuclear… might just happen the moment before that twinkling of an eye we’re all looking forward to. That sixth seal (Rev 6:12-14) is gonna be a doozy.

imho

4 Likes

@BobinNC ,

I don’t think that the birds represent evil. They are just mentioned to show what the mustard seed became. From a tiny mustard seed to something large and strong enough for birds to nest in.

Luke 13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.
Luke 13:20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
Luke 13:21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

2 Likes

This is one of the parables that Jesus gave in a string of parables. Jesus explains what the some of the parables mean.

• Parable of the sower given - Matt 13:1-9
    Mat 13:4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
  • Explained Matt 13:18-23
    Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
    Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

So, the word (seed) is good, the fowl (birds) are the wicked one.

• Parable of the Weeds given 13:24-30,
    Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
  • Parable Explained in Matt 13: 36-43
    Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

So, the wheat is good, the tares are bad - the enemy is the devil.

• Mustard seed and Leaven Matt 13:31-33 (Also Luke 13:18-21)
    Mat 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

The seed is good - the birds are bad.
You will see that the ‘birds represent the evil’ in the parable of the mustard seed when you take the whole chapter in context.

Same with the leaven. The flour is good, the leaven is bad
(Think faith like a grain of mustard seed and the leaven of the Pharisees)

Blessings.
Some may disagree, but that is how I understand it.

11 Likes

@DallasT
Great job explaining this Dallas. I agree.

7 Likes

Where’s the video?

Thanks, Dallas. And this is certainly a well-developed view…amen. What I am going to describe below is the convictions i have come to on this one having poured a lot into it. Your position in Dallas has a lot of support by many theologians. I respectfully differ dear sister. Please see the following.

I love Andy Woods and he has this same view. I think it is interesting to take the entire into account. I did not listen to the update so it appears Pastor JD is also interested in this interpretation. I can only speak in reference to Andy Woods.

Off the bat, I would say context (even affirmed by Andy) is a) passage, b) chapter, c) book, d) author, e) testament. See how these go from ground zero to Old and New Testament? It goes from “immediate context” to outer and more outer context…and should always travel in that direction. This is a known sound practice in which context is king exegetically. And even though I love Woods’s work, looking for context in the chapter at the potential detriment of the immediate context I would say is the reverse order. Here is why.

In the parable itself, are the birds evil? Is Jesus saying “We want a tree to grow up real big to provide shade and branches for evil birds?” Is that what Christ is saying? In the immediate context on its face it would naturally read that normally trees grow big and if big enough birds will even come on their branches. This is the immediate context. And it is a good context…showing good. Can we say its not?

The way i understand that Andy gets around this is that he believes the mustard plant/tree Jesus is referring to is a Frankenstein plant. I’m not kidding here. That tree must be unnatural in Andy’s view. Because this parable can’t be about a kingdom on earth that does not involve the tares. I perceived this is because Andy is very much against kingdom now and has so much great work on that. He would be the first to admit we can run with the football into the next county. I just don’t think he is aware of himself doing that here. He think the tree is a mutation because mustard seed plant/trees don’t grow huge. They are only shrubs. So if you google mustard seed you can easily see how big the "tree’ gets. It just doesn’t fit Andy’s greater kingdom now position so he inadvertently has to make the plant mutational. Which is easily disprovable in seconds.

, , , , ,

Chapter 13 is when Jesus first started speaking in parables because the Jewish leadership rejected His divinity and it is understood by many scholars the location in scripture where the Jews lost a much sooner coming thousand-year reign avoiding a tribulation. The kingdom Christ was offering them…the one at hand. So these parables in 13 describe that shift. As now Israel just gets parables from Jesus having blasphemed against the holy spirit. And how now the kingdom offered has a much longer incubation period for them ending in the gathering of Isreal after the tribulation. Please see the overview of chapter 13 below.

CHAPTER 13 CONTENTS
Sower and the Seed (negative)
What and Tares (negative)
Mustard Seed
Leaven
Hidden Treasure (positive)
Pearl of Great Price (positive)
Dragnet (negative)
The Householder (positive)

The summary is in verse 52. Inferring a shift from Jewish leadership to the disciple’s leadership.

We have dragnet even after positive parables. It would be the same as Matt 25 sheep goats and wheat and tares. Hope that makes sense. Blessings.

2 Likes

---------------------------------

1 Like

@TCC
Not understanding why you say that a mustard tree does not grow to be huge? :thinking:

Here is a picture of a mustard tree I got off the Internet.

Quote from the Internet below…
“Mustard seed,s probably one of the smallest seeds you could find but it has the ability to grow into an enormous tree. Jesus tells the parable of the Mustard…”

Luke 13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

I think Jesus is saying that a man took a mustard seed and seeing it to be so small cast it into his garden, meaning he did not expect it to grow large. However, it grew so large that birds could nest in it.

He is illustrating that God’s kingdom is far greater than we can imagine.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time on this Dallas… though I think the “wicked one” is Satan, I can see the rest of it and agree- it was very helpful :grinning:.

1 Like

I agree, I think the wicked one is Satan as well.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you! Pastor JD for this Prophecy Update! Thank you for your courage! Yes, work while we are waiting for the Rapture! Work, where we are planted. I was just thinking a couple of days ago, I wonder who will be the last person saved before the Rapture, before His return, will it be somebody in the United States, India, Africa, or maybe someone at Calvery Chapel Kaneohe! That last person and the sound of the trumphet! To God be the Glory! Come, Lord Jesus! Praying as always that God will provide you the strength and courage to continue being our faithful leader, praying for "hedge of protection around you, your family and the church. Much Love in Christ for you all! So, thankful that the Lord lead me to your ministry!

5 Likes

Doves, sparrows, and peaceful forager birds are not ever noted as “evil” as some have indicated here. I believe the predatory birds, ie vultures, ravens, falcons, eagles have at times in the bible been referred to as evil, ie the hateful birds noted in Rev 18, etc.

Can anyone clarify this part or offer insight?
Thanks,

5 Likes