Please pray for my cat

Please pray for Kendra. Has been having urinary issues and has a vet appointment later this afternoon but has not peed in quite awhile and is beginning to feel warm. I’m afraid to take her to an emergency vet somewhat because of cost and also because I don’t know any I trust.
Please pray for her pain relief, that she will urinate quickly and that I’ll understand what decision is best for my cat. Please pray I also have the $$. The vet I have an appointment with takes payments but not sure if it’s safe to wait.
I know another vet 30 miles away I might trust but I also need brakes so am trying not to drive except to work.
Thanks for your prayers. I’ll update as soon as I know anything. I can’t even decide if I should go to work or not.
Thanks
Dina

21 Likes

Praying for Kendra and you Dina.
It is hurtful to see a loved pet that is not well.
May the Lord touch Kendra with His healing hands and give you the strength to deal with this.

Shalom🙏

6 Likes

Hey there @laffingdukk,
Sorry about Kendra. Try giving her wet food. Mix a bit of warm water with it. If she needs an antibiotic and you can afford the injection (think it’s called Covena), opt for the injection. Giving a cat pills is not easy— especially if you’re given Clavamox, a standard med for a UTI. Each huge pill comes individually wrapped and will melt in your hands! Many times if you CAN get it down, they’ll go hide and throw it up. If you do end up with pills, after you get the pill in the back of the cat’s throat, hold their mouth closed and very gently blow into their face. This usually causes them to swallow. Pill can still be thrown up, but that’s less likely. For maintenance, there’s also a powder made to sprinkle on their food— mine wouldn’t eat anything sprinkled with powder. They would rather go hungry.

It’s unusual for a female to get UTIs. But I’ve dealt with males having them for years. And I’ve worked at two vet clinics as a tech— although that was years ago. BTW, these can become chronic. Vet has told me the crystals that form are like stickers/razor blades in their urethra. Think of gout— the pain is supposed to be similar.

You will need to make sure Kendra takes in tons of water from now on. Cats seem to like fresh moving water best. There are several fountains made especially for cats— but you then have to deal with filters. We have an outside faucet that we drip and that seems to help. I make broth a lot and give everybody that too (a good option if Kendra is inside only; mine come n go at will). The cheapest non-prescription wet food is better than the best non-prescription dry food. We fed Hill’s prescription food for years but ended up with three diabetic cats. Vet thinks there’s a connection. Giving insulin, however, is a piece of cake. The cat will actually show up when it’s time for a shot; probably cuz it makes them feel better. However, considering the world we live in, insulin and needles may not always be available.

I just put down Habi, an otherwise healthy, happy cat. He’d had seven infections in three years. With the way the world is going, I was concerned that there would come a time when a doctor and meds wouldn’t be available. Last year his son Fritz, also prone to this infection, got sick on Friday evening. He died at vet on Monday morning. All of our pets are fixed, but Hubbydude rescued a very young female (Fritz’ mother) and at the same time, a very young male (Habi/dad) showed up. Abby got pregnant just before she was scheduled to be spayed.

I hope Kendra has a different type of UTI… I’ve not heard of one though. I hope my experience with this problem will help you help Kendra.

Father, Creator of all, thank you for Kendra. Please bless her caretakers with wisdom, compassion, integrity and success so that Kendra may be healed of her illness. In the name of Yeshua our Kinsman-Redeemer, we pray and we praise You. Amen.

8 Likes

Praying for Kendra’s complete healing and comfort and that the vet bill will be very affordable.

7 Likes

I am standing in agreement with each prayer lifted for Kendra and your finances. In Jesus name, Amen!

5 Likes

Gr yes, she needs more water. I have a fountain and a large pottery bowl but she so far won’t use the fountain.
However, I’m going to do my best to get her off kibble. All my other animals have eaten raw, organic etc. This cat just wouldn’t touch anything but dry food but I’m going to try to work with her.
I’ll do a group update on her status in a moment. Thanks for your comments and prayers.

4 Likes

Thank you Susan. I will do a group update for all in a sec.

2 Likes

Thank you Tikvah! About to update everyone !

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your prayers! Shalom!

2 Likes

Hi everyone Thanks for all your prayers and kind words. Well I loved the vet. Kendra has never had to see a vet before, she’s strictly indoor and has never seen a vet. She’s pretty stressed but will recover.
Vet gave antibiotic, but thinks it may actually be stress related—meaning Kendra picking up on my recent turmoil over whether to leave my state for a more freedom oriented one…I am not normally stressed but was very recently.
We are going to work with Kendra to try to increase her water/transition her to wet or raw food rather than the kibble she’s insisted on for 6 years and I just let her have her way, thinking maybe since it’s organic she’ll be ok.
Best of all, doc was only going to charge me for the medicine, and give me the visit for free. I did pay her more than she asked but it was in my budget so answered prayers. This doc is fine with my anti vax views, I told her she was welcome to take off her mask—she hesitated then peeled it off. It was a very positive visit. Thanks again for your prayers and please remember Kendra in your prayers if she comes to mind… she’s very traumatized, she’s always been afraid of strangers so to have v one poke and prod her when she already was in pain was difficult. Please pray she recovers with no further symptoms and that I can get her to like wet food. She’s not a fan but it’s best for her. Thanks for everything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Praise God! He is so good! He cares for all creatures, great and small. So relieved for you.

5 Likes

Thank You Lord Kendra can be easily treated with meds and may Dina’s stress dissipate…may she find peace in You.

4 Likes

Oh, praise the Lord. That’s wonderful. Will remember Kendra in my daily prayers.

4 Likes

Very Good! Those WERE answered prayers including the very reasonable vet bill!!!
God is so good.

If you don’t mind suggestions for transitioning, I had a diabetic cat I tried to get off dry food, but he was impossible. He did; however, go through a stage of LOVING chicken thighs I cooked in the crock pot and the chicken stock. I would cook the whole thighs with bones and skin in the crock pot with only water. No seasoning, no veggies, and cook it on low for 8 hours. He loved the stock to the point that as I kept trying to find wet food he might like, I would mix it with the stock. It helped him want to try it. Also, the freeze dried raw food, I would reconstitute it in the chicken stock. He never fully transitioned, I always had to keep dry food out (which I buy from Young Again Cat Food on line) but he did start to eat some wet food and did like some fresh/frozen raw and freeze dried raw food.
I’ll continue praying for Kendra and also that you and she will find a wet food she loves.

6 Likes

Cats do NOT like change, but this is very good advice.

5 Likes

:pray: for you and for your cat ((HUG))

3 Likes

i prayed a sweet prayer for little Kendra :two_hearts::paw_prints:

1 Like

Thank you! @staceyPsalm91

1 Like

I appreciate that! @Deborah2021

1 Like

Thank you @Tikvah I’ve never had a problem transitioning a new pet to wet then raw, but after 6+ years I haven’t been able to even get her to lick a drop of raw cream or take a bite of chicken. But I’m sure praying will make a difference :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes