Please pray for peace and healing for my son

I have been listening to Pastor JD for almost 2 years now, and his ministry has been a blessing for my whole household. I have been in and out of the online forum but have never posted before. You all seem to be so kind, and I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my son, James. He is a (high functioning) autistic 19 year old. He has an enormous amount of compassion and kindness for others, yet struggles to fit in and handle some of life’s typical challenges. God has answered many prayers for him over the years, and I know God has a great purpose for his life. But I grow so weary seeing him struggle with things that are so easy for others. I just want him to be okay, and have peace in his mind. Please pray for a breakthrough for him, please pray God will heal his mind, bring peace to him, and give him a bright future. Thank you so very much!!

23 Likes

Lord, This mom just needs to know that her son is going to be ok. Hear her heart and answer her prayer in Your great grace. May she see the changes as You bring peace and direction in her son’s life. Father, we already know that you have a good plan for him because Your word says so! Help us believe and then see. In Jesus’ name amen. :heart:

8 Likes

Amen!!! :heart: Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Diane,

Will pray for James and you, especially for peace which is one facet of the fruit of the Spirit that will ripen as we remain in Christ and eschew our old nature, per Galatians 5:22.

By no means an equivalent but my twin brother was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome in early adolescence and in hindsight it is all too clear how this affected his ability to cope in the chaotic and capricious climates of home, school and employment.

Through the power of the Holy Spirit the father of John the Baptist, Zacharias, had some encouraging words to say about a bright future and peace (once the Lord pressed the unmute button):

78 Through the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Dayspring [Messiah] from on high has visited us;
79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death,
To guide our feet into the way of peace.”

Luke 1:78-79

Please thank your son James for me; because of your petition for him I’ve finally started a prayer request list in order to keep some order.

In Christ

6 Likes

Sister, I was blessed in my life to be a Pediatric, critical care nurse. I also did home health visits with Gods special children. It is hard for most to see just how bright their light shines, how they touch others they meet. I am forever grateful to our Lord for allowing me to meet and know these precious children. If you think of it sister, your son is touching lives now, here in this prayer request. Do not be sad for him, be thankful you have the privilege of being in his life.

5 Likes

amen Thomas.

i work with a special need adult female and her elderly mother who is 100 of age. I feel very privileged and grateful to be working with both of them. her daughter has be an angel in my life and i just love them both like a family. im currently a nurse aide working for a home health company. God has blessed me so many times while working for this company. i pray and thank God everyday that im working for them and hope to work with the mom and daughter for as long as God wants me to.

5 Likes

May the Lord richly bless you and keep you sister. I will see you in the clouds soon!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing with me. It is such an encouragement. Your twin brother is quite similar to my son, and while it is heartbreaking to see the struggle, it makes good days even better! We have been at funerals, and my son walks around hugging people and comforting them…he truly feels the pain of others, but doesn’t seem to handle his own very well. I know God will do good things in his life, and your brothers…I need to be patient!

4 Likes

Thank you for that great reminder that God has blessed me with my son, and He trusts me to care for him, even on the “bad” days. I always want him to have happy, easy days because it is so hard to see him struggle…but God has a plan for him, and can use his struggles for my son’s good and for His glory. Thank you again. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. My heart is filled with joy hearing the encouragement from you all here. I know my son, and the children you have cared for, are special, and God can be glorified through them.

3 Likes

Father please help bring comfort and peace to Your child and her son. Help her to rest in Your perfect love and wash away all anxieties. Highly functional autistic people need special care but they are still awesome and amazing. You knew the special care he needed before the foundation of the earth and you placed him with the perfect woman, Your special daughter. Please pour out Your Spirit abundantly on them and make Your everlasting presence felt deep within their hearts.

The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV

3 Likes

Praying!❤️‍🔥🙏🏻❤️‍🔥

3 Likes

My Husband and all 3 of my kids are Aspies. My oldest son is 26 and is married and has a son works hard but cant talk on the phone and is very naive they talked him into taking the jab. My daughter 24 is married and has 2 kids but people have a hard time being her friend because she is loud and bossy. My 13 yr old son is the sensitive one who cries easy but has a high IQ and is very awkward. But I can say one thing They are truely gifts from God. I wonder what I did to deserve such wonderful human beings in my life. 19 is a hard time and the world is so hard right now. I will pray for your son to find peace in his bubble, and may the Lord give you peace mom I know its hard.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing with me! One of my biggest prayers is that my son can someday have experiences like everyone else…getting married or having a place of his own. Hearing about your beautiful family brings such encouragement! My son has said he would take the jab if he needs to for his job…he hasn’t yet, but, like your son, he can be swayed by circumstances. I will keep you, and your sweet family in my prayers, and I thank you for praying for my son too. :heart:

1 Like

Father if you would hear my prayer and may it be your will to throw a heavy blanket of comforting peace over my sister and her child and everyone associated. Let this be to your glory! Set minds and heart to do your will and open these as need.

Turn all hearts and minds to Christ that it may all glorify the mighty one of Jacob.

In yeshua I pray.

My husband is an old aspie. I tire of the societal abuse and segregation from the wicked mouths that gossip. Yet when they actually speak f2f with him they are instantly calmed by his empathetic nature and intelligence.

He becomes a leader in every team though it takes a while for his team members so see beyond the missing theatrics and shiny.

I’ve had so many people tell me to divorce him! They are so fleshly and lack understanding.

Aspies are a blessing!

1 Like