Praising God and giving thanks for the simple things

As I’ve said before, the strength needed to continue on sometimes more often than not can be overwhelming and in those moments each second, minute, hour, or day can seem an eternity. Tho my mind is clearly focused on the TRUTH my body has betrayed me. It feels like I’m quickly winding down while helplessly watching myself deteriorate. Even the smallest tasks leave me fading in breathlessness. For a few weeks I’ve had no strength of my own and tho I’ve always kept a pristine home, keeping up with this tiny apartment has become more and more difficult. While my bedding has needed changing, the bathroom and kitchen floors needed washing and tons of dust have accumulated it’s all been postponed for far too long.

There was a time not long ago when those tasks could easily have all been done in one day however, now I must sit every few minutes. BUT GOD… this very week held me up and guided my hands to care for my environment and myself. Tomorrow I’ll finally be able to look at what HE helped me accomplish and rest in HIM while giving thanks.

10 Likes

Praying… :pray: :heart:

“LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” ~ Isaiah 33:2

6 Likes

May it be so for you, today and always, until He comes! May our Lord be your strength and your song! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

amen thank you God for the little things that matter the most. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes