Prayer For Anxiety

Hello brothers and sisters- Can you please keep me in prayer? I have been dealing with severe anxiety and it has gotten progressively worse over the past couple years. I am having so much trouble sleeping and performing simple every day tasks now. I need sleep and I need peace. I need to be able to function so that I can take care of my husband and kids. Ive never had anxiety this bad. Its the worst its ever been. I am really struggling. I won’t take meds and Ive tried otc things to help with sleep but nothing has been helping. Please keep me in prayer. Ty.

Also prayer for my relationships. I really want strong relationships and I feel like I am failing in that area. I know the anxiety definitely doesn’t help with that either.

thanks.

21 Likes

Dear Ty,

Dear ty

I am sorry that you have so much trouble with fear.
That will be tough for you!

Of course I pray for you!
And prayer is strong!

I don’t know if it is well translated, but and nice text for you …

Isaiah 41:10 HTB
Don’t be afraid because I am your God. Don’t look around anxiously because I am with you. I will give you strength and help you, I will keep you afloat with my holy right hand.

Love and God’s bless,

Nietie

8 Likes

Heavenly Father God of mercy and healing,

stop the anxiety and comfort Molly with your love and peace in the name of Yeshua Jesus! amen

p.s. chamomile tea helps and
they say this Calm product helps

7 Likes

Hi, praying for you. I’ve no idea how old you are, but could perimenopause, menopause or hormone imbalance be the cause? Might be worth getting your hormones checked, and there’s lots of natural supplements you can take to help.

5 Likes

I actually take Calm every day. I’d recommend the berry version. Regular is very…lemony. But yes, I also took it years ago for my anxiety and it did wonders. Magnesium is a very crucial vitamin for relaxation, and if OP feels uncertain, there are many, many helpful reviews on amazon lol. The only minor downside is it does, ahem, clean you out, so you need to drink plenty water. Also, a sip of Benadryl now and then pulls the anxiety right out.

4 Likes

also when i was watching the news on t.v. alot, it gave me anxieties and sometimes the work environment, i had to make adjustment at my job and throw out the t.v.

6 Likes

@Grlchatterbox33-
Molly, may I call you, Molly? Well, instead of offering options that work for me in the past, I would rather ask what are you anxious about that’s causing such anxiety getting worse over the past couple years?

I will also ask if you’ve tried ambient noise to listen to when you try to sleep?
You know, (no you don’t cause you’ve never conversed with me), I’ve taken sleeping pills before and they don’t work on me. I would get a little drowsy but then my body fought the effects. So, I’m with ya on not consuming pharmaceuticals.

Something that lulls me to sleep is ambient noise-classical music sometimes too. Listening to an audio book. I started with Edgar Rice Burroughs listening, and then it clicked - Bible. Found a bunch of really well read audio Bible books on youtube. Also, while it may make you want to use the restroom, ambient tropical beach videos.

I will post a couple of videos at the end of this for you to check out and see if they’d be of help. Even though I earlier said I’d rather not do that to you lol, sorry.

Loving Heavenly Father

With Your grace and mercy, please bless Molly with the comfort of peace and calm in her heart and mind so that she may rest at night. Please give her a full night of restful sleep tonight. Father, please change her anxiety into laughter (not so she sounds crazy, but she can find humor in what makes her anxious). Please transform any problems into solutions and questions into answers for her that may placate her life with worry. In fact, please change her worry into calm as well.

Each time she becomes anxious, please place Your loving hand upon her shoulder to remind her she’s not alone and she can lean on You any time she wants and needs. Perhaps she’ll invite You and our Savior for tea and just talk with You about her worries and anxieties? I can’t be the only one that does that.

Please help her through her trials which we beg to be transformed into monumental victories as she leans upon You like clinging onto a tree in the wind. Or delights in laughter and dance in her moments of trials and torment as You hold her in Your hand and carry her through the storms.

Whether being the first to work, or executing the perfect vacation or wondering what to do for dinner or if she left the iron on when she’s running errands; please flood her with a tsunami wave of relaxation. Remembering the words Jesus spoke to us so long ago:

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak

Lastly, Father, we pray our entire prayer intermingles with Your will being done, but we ask that you guide Molly regarding her relationships. Family, friends, the dog that barks at her for no reason across the street, or the guy over at Barry’s Deli and More who glares at her and then throws imaginary rotten tomatoes at her; please help her to know, just like eating a steak: the fat to cut off and the good stuff to consume. We won’t even get into the “doneness” of meat as that’s entirely moot and takes away from the metaphor.

Bless her with Spiritual wisdom and understanding, and galvanize her with protection from evil and those not of You. Galvanize her with boldness and with rest.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

[EDIT forgot to add the links, please hold]

9 Likes

Thank you! I will look into getting the calm magnesium supplements! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep us posted on your progress :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the beautiful prayer. Yes, I have tried ambient noise. I have used it for years. Ive also used magnesium supplements, Benadryl, Tylenol pm, ibuprofen PM, lavender, baths, sprays, roll on aromas/essential oils, I read the Bible before bed, read books, turmeric, zinc, :thinking: memorizing and reciting scripture- the verses you posted! ahh Ive tried pretty much everything! :face_holding_back_tears:

I currently go to bed with ambient noise on and headphones with devotionals playing. I am a very light sleeper. If I hear a car go by or any little noise- I wake up! hmm I also can’t stay asleep…

As far as what Im anxious about ?? I dont know exactly. If I have any sort of appointment - doctors, dentist, hair, a bday party, taking my kids to school in the morning M-F etc -I cannot fall asleep! I’m so worried about not sleeping it could be causing me to stay awake ?? :thinking: I dont know… I could also be concerned about maybe making a bad impression ?? or even just making it through the day because most days are a struggle! I have such a hard time functioning on 3-4 hours of sleep… Im not really sure what im anxious about… just thinking out loud here… but the anxiety is so bad now it affects every part of my life… I can’t agree to any engagements… I can’t make any plans… I dread any type of appointment or putting something on the calendar… I’m currently struggling every morning just to get up and take my kids to school! :frowning_face: :sob: :face_holding_back_tears: I dont know what to do anymore.

I feel like this year has been so bad. The past two years have been really bad. Just one bad thing after another. I might get like 3 days to possibly a week where I can actually breathe but this year bad things just keep happening… I feel like im under attack… its just one thing after another…

Please continue to pray for me.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Man, Molly, I’m just going to scribble over everything I would have thought could help here…day five, still scribbling, okay there we go, now that I’m back from that, I guess listening to a monotone voice wouldn’t put ya to sleep either. Admittedly, I’ve had ex’s call me to talk them to sleep which I guess is a compliment in some way…still trying to find that way, I mean I guess I get to hang up on them but don’t see a positive in that one.

Hypervigilance is a bear to deal with. It’s a given I’ll keep praying for ya, Molly. Don’t worry about that (PLEASE DON’T WORRY ABOUT THAT).

Praying God delivers the answer to getting some sleep tonight though, for sure!

3 Likes

@Grlchatterbox33 Molly

keep giving these problems to God, release them into His care DAILY and tell God to take away the anxiety DAILY… if you have to write them down on a sticky note to place them by your bed and in your car so you won’t fall into the trap of satan’s lies.

I make sure i have on my full armor of God daily.

when i feel the anxiety, i say
get thee behind me satan!
i rebuke you anxiety GO in the name of Yeshua Jesus!

I read the Lord’s Prayer every morning and every night.

i stand on Luke 10: 19-20
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luke 10:19‭-‬20 KJV

I constantly thank God for all the goodness that he has done in my life, i constantly thank the Lord for all my blessings.

I stand on Psalm 91 and Isaiah 54:17

3 Likes

I am so overwhelmed all the time too. Idk if its worth mentioning but I was in a very bad car accident back in 2017… I had a TBI- a severe brain bleed… ever since then I can’t have the television on when the kids are in the room or have music playing…I need minimal noise… I can’t be in a crowd… Its just way too much stimuli… I struggle with my cell phone… I dont even have email set up to go to my phone! I just get so overwhelmed. I struggle to concentrate. I can’t pay bills or even surf the internet on the computer if there’s noise… concentrating is hard… I make to-do lists and my lists stress me out!.. I get up in the middle of the night because I forgot to write milk on the list! So ah yeah I’m sure my anxiety is caused by a multitude of reasons…the stress in my everyday life has also increased since Covid… its just a lot… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Yes, this is extremely useful information. This easily, to me, explains why you are having trouble. Hypervigilance can be a form of PTSD from something such as your car accident. Thank you for sharing this information, Molly. All of this information compiled together can make a big difference in how someone prays for ya, or what they pray for you AND for those who share ideas with you in this forum, can narrow their parameters of ideas for you.

My bill will be in the mail today for this monumental breakthrough therapy session. Lol

Seriously though, this helps a lot. And forgive my ignorance in my thinking, but it’s like a constant migraine (for me) where confusion is on all the time, and noise hurts, and you need a dark room and peace and quiet and like a weighted pillow on your eyes and bridge of your nose that’s cool feeling as you lay down in a certain position and your head elevated just right. Only then can you get any resemblance of relief. Yet in your case, there is no relief.

It’s the best I can compare to in my life. I wonder if there’s something our service members on the board could share with what they have to do or have done to get rid of their PTSD symptoms. I have a hard time talking about anything medical related for solutions. Not so much the backlash from the suggestions, but you just don’t know how someone could react (medically) to the suggestions. Even OTC stuff and as you stated earlier, you refuse meds and try to cut down the OTC and holistic stuff too.

Even alpha wave generators, or delta wave I think, can’t remember which is meant to calm the person, could be detrimental to your health. Rest assured (and I don’t mean that lightly), there’s a solution out there for you, Molly. It’ll be finding it, and being willing to try it.

You have quite literally with this conversation at least for my perspective, opened a door to a larger and comfier space to come into rather than the cramped and tight spaces we started with? Just with talking about what happened in 2017?! For once, the feeling people get of feeling open to talk with me pays off big! I’d celebrate but we have a long way to go and a short time to get there. We will figure this out. All of us on this forum combined HAVE to have the brain pan power to find something helpful.

5 Likes

Hi Molly. Sorry I’m so late responding to your prayer needs. Not sure I can help much, but I’m sure there with you. I haven’t slept much in over 7 years. At first it was menopausal hot flashes waking me up every 30 to 45 minutes, and now I just wake up for no obvious reason. However, I did discover a nighttime brew that has helped me tremendously. Now I only wake up every two to three hours, and I take advantage of that quiet time to just talk to the Lord - thanking Him, praising Him, and sometimes just telling Him my troubles.

Here is the recipe for my nightly drink:
Mix in a cup of hot water the following ingredients:
1/8 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dash of black pepper
1 to 2 tsps honey

I’ll add you to my prayer list knowing what it’s like to not sleep.

God bless you dear sister.

4 Likes

Praying for you. May God give you more peace and less anxiety. In Jesus name. aka Sandy.

5 Likes

I have incredible insomnia, and l find that these supplements help:
Valerian Root
L-theanine
Lemon Balm
L-tryptophan (yes- the stuff in turkey that makes us drowsy at Thanksgiving)
Sleepy Time tea ( I don’t drink it for the taste!)

Hope that some of these can help you as well :grimacing:

7 Likes

Also try low dose of melatonin. Get the fast release or time released. Stay off internet before time for bed. Just suggestions for you. Much prayers.

5 Likes

@Grlchatterbox33
I have struggled for years in some ways similar to yours.
I have OCD which has gotten better over the years but still do some rituals or things that I
“ must “ do to calm the anxiety such as repeatedly checking locks and if a thought like “ write that down”, straighten that towel…. my ocd mind makes me do it or I’ll think about it so much I’ll get even more anxious.

I have seen many doctors for chronic insomnia and sleep troubles.

I’ve gotten only 24 hours total sleep in 7 days at one point. I’ve gone to work with sometimes only 3 hours or even no hours. I do not crash in exhaustion either after lacking sleep.

On prescription sleep aids I can still wake up 6 times in an 8 hour period. I haven’t therefore taken those in years.

Worrying about not sleeping does compound the problem and increase anxiety. As hard as it is, sometimes try to get up and go do a boring activity. It’s better than laying in bed starting to panic because “ if I fall asleep now , at least I’ll get 3 hours before I have to get up” is not the answer.

Currently I take gummy melatonin, otc doxylamine succinate , a hot bath with magnesium bath salts before bed. In my mind when I’m lying there with eyes closed, I recite Bible verses, hymns or mental prayers which for me does seem to slow my mind. I still wake up 4-5 times a night, getting 5-6 hours broken sleep but for me, I’m able to function ok and that’s better than I was doing about a year ago.

You’ve tried many things as I also have so I know the frustration when you’re exhausted but to get insufficient or no sleep and then to have to “do life “ again regardless is HARD.

Praying for you.

3 Likes

Personally tried and tested @Grlchatterbox33 / Molly - the psalms are a balm from God.

In Christ

3 Likes