Prayer for clarification of a serious question

Brothers and sisters,

I’ve recently been bothered by something and would appreciate your thoughts!

Considering we obviously want as many as possible to give their hearts to the Lord before HIS return…often ask HIM to come for us SOON. Isn’t that understood by our expressing , Maranatha Lord, come quickly!? I have pleaded in my prayers…May the very last person accept YOU oh Lord this very day so we may be raptured!

My question is, is THAT wrong to pray?
I’m honestly done with this evil world…with this physically painful life that I’m enduring every moment of every day and ache to be freed of it. My heart yearns to be with the Lord in heavenly places today.
Am I praying that the window for salvation be closed soon wrong…is it selfishness that drives this desire? It seems to be a conundrum!

15 Likes

I feel God knows you, and so many others, want this so much. So much so God even mentions it in Scripture

Fifth Seal: The Cry of the Martyrs

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

No, I do not think it is wrong to pray this or desire this. To me, it shows more of a willing for these things to end so we can begin anew, correctly in God’s presence, and how God wants it to be as well.

6 Likes

However James,
I…we, are not martyrs as the 5th seal doesn’t occur until the days of the tribulation!

4 Likes

I was only using that as a reference to show even they were praying for things to end and be done, much like what you were talking about. I wasn’t trying to infringe on any personal timeline belief.

4 Likes

That’s not selfish.
I think we Christians have a desire for the rapture to be soon yet on the other hand want many saved. We understand the times we’re in and therefore the immense urgency for the unsaved to turn to Christ.
Even in Paul’s lifetime they yearned for the rapture at one point thinking it had happened and they’d even left behind.
The rapture will occur at God’s appointed time but we can certainly be expectant without hindering the call for others to receive Christ because nevertheless it will happen right on target.

7 Likes

The most simplistic answer I will ever give on this forum.
No

13 Likes

There’s an old song that addresses this: Wait a Little Longer, Please Jesus, a few more days to get our loved ones in.

7 Likes

Jon,
The urgency with with I cry out to HIM is increasing. As I fall asleep am fervently praying with praise and thanks…as I can’t help repeating…Oh Lord, you are ALL there is and ALL that matters…PLEASE rescue us and come quickly. Then I dream that I’m, witnessing to the lost and can’t find my way home. When I awake, it’s with thanks and praise that it was only a dream. Before my day begins I greet my Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit good morning, ask to be a blessing to someone during the day and beg that this day…be the last. My heart is so heavy in its desire to fly home to be with the Lord…it’s so overwhelming that it’s almost painful. .

7 Likes

I have thought this same thing and struggled with the selfishness of wanting to get out – but leaving so many behind. I have revised my prayers a bit around the rapture timing to be more that God’s will be done and an acknowledgement that His timing will be perfect. While I desperately want to leave as quickly as possible, I recognize this means others would be left behind and honestly I would rather be stuck here longer if it means one more person is saved. The Father knows I want to go but I equally want more people to come to Christ before the rapture. It breaks my heart to think of anyone left behind, whether they are my close family and friends or some nameless face on the other side of the world. This world is already so evil, how much more will it become once the Church is gone. Ugh. It will be so terrible for those people and it makes me sick to think of the terrors they will face. I don’t want that for anyone, but it is God’s will for that to be, so I accept God’s plans as perfect and trust His timing is perfect as well.

I don’t think you are wrong to ask Jesus to come quickly, He knows your heart just like He knows mine. What does the Lord’s Prayer say? (which is how Jesus instructed His disciples to pray…)

Matthew 6
9 After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Jesus instructed us to pray for His kingdom to come! :heart: :dove:

8 Likes

I understand you very good. I often pray “Dear Lord, please take us soon home!” then I feel guilty and add “but because its your timing and you decide when its time to go and I am happy that everyday people are getting saved because if that wouldnt be, the raptur occurs immediately.”

We feel the desire to be with the Lord. To left this fallen world. And as we are seeing the evil is rising within each day, we feel the desire more and more. Nothing wrong with that. I am so ready for the trumpet!

6 Likes

As I sit here and rewrite this again, because my iPad deleted most of my response and I don’t know why, I look at what you wrote here and I have to respond with this: “But God isn’t done with you in this evil world.

With each breath you take, He delivers to you an opportunity that while painful, and I agree on many levels with you, dear sister, it hurts, He gives us that extra push to bear the pain. Or, as I have been told SO MANY TIMES in this century alone, “Embrace the suck.” Do you realize, every moment of a day, He has provided you the strength to keep going that extra minute? With each painful movement, as I told Paulette here in prayer on another thread, He has provided a reminder that the hell we are living in right now, is just that. Right now. It’s a reminder of just how glorious eternal life is with Him. How we will not suffer as we do now and in doing this, we are given remedy just an extra minute more to hold on. “God is giving you a reminder of how much Heaven will be a sweet release and abundant joy for the rest of your eternal life.”

I can’t stand being here myself. I face certain pains daily that are physical (nothing like you are facing, I am sure), but even if I can’t hear the voice, I know He is saying, “You can hold on a little while longer.” My mom has said that to me many times when I give up hope of completing with something I don’t want to do. It annoys me and I keep going. We need breaks and rest, that’s for sure and you deserve those breaks for sure. I see how we are focusing on a lot of terrible things in the world right now. We need some levity.

You are, and I am sure you will be annoyed at this; a walking, talking, shining example of what faith in Christ truly is. Being in pain, embracing the suck, begging to go home, and yet still here. Going through such torment and pain daily, and here you are, doing the best you can for Him. That’s what we all should be doing, yet, we don’t. You are here for a time such as this not to endure, but rather aide. How is between you and Him.

Beloved sister in Christ, you deliver to many a resonating message of strength and resolve. Each day. What I tell you sounds trite in nature and I don’t mean it to be that way. My original message was far better. I hate Apple.

Y’know, I don’t recall posting a prayer for you. Just giving you an answer to your question. Since I’ve held you down to read this entire message, what’s a few more minutes, right?

Ever Loving All Merciful Heavenly Father

Vicki is one of your flock whom like so many others yearns to go home. Riddled with pain and falling into a little despair. Many of us are in that same boat, Lord. We’re finding it hard to focus on what we should. We lean on You for help in that. We look for answers and for encouragement because we’re unable to “do it on our own”.

Please come to Vicki’s side and relieve her of her torment of pain. Pluck from her that which ails her so much and refill the Holy Spirit in her to overflowing. Please revitalize her joy to overflowing so much as she touches the lives of others in many ways. Her heart is strong her will is stronger but we are all, like her, fading. Please bless her with bold strength and courage as well. Please give her relief from the pain she faces minute by minute Lord. Please bless her with peace and calm in her heart and mind as well.

Lastly, Lord, please show her all the good she does and all the hearts she’s reaching to do exactly what she’s praying for. Having the last of those lost come to You. Without her in whatever capacity she is allowed in Your might, it is one less light in the world to help burn the shadows of darkness out while we wait for You to call us home, and welcome the last of those lost to be found.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

10 Likes

Jon,
You my dear brother in Christ have one of the gentlest most giving hearts I’ve ever experienced. I’m truly humbled by the empathetic time given in sincere prayer for those in need. It’s my belief that there will be jewels in our crowns for caring enough to respond to sorrow, pain and anguish as we uplift and reassure in HIS PRECIOUS NAME.
I don’t know if anyone here on this forum has ever sent sweet fragranced prayer for you…if not, it’s well overdue.

LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER
Tho I’ve never met Jon face to face have shared many a moment heart to heart with him. I’ve witnessed the tenderness he’s shown to those crying out for advice, reassurance, sympathy or perhaps even just a little kindness. The time he spends here is nothing less than a reflection of YOU OH LORD…as his generous loving spirit always covers his thoughtful countless words. My prayer is that you bless Jon to overflowing…without measure, with blessings beyond his wildest dreams in an abundance of joy, good health and love. Each night as Jon lays his head on his pillow fill his mind with peaceful thoughts and surround him with a multitude of watchful angels as he sleeps. Then each morning strengthen his resolve to face the day anew with a more deepened faith in YOUR GOODNESS. Speak to Jon daily in that ever so tender voice of OUR GENTLE HOLY SPIRIT to soothe his soul until the day of our redemption.
I pray these things in the mighty name of our Lord and Savior Jesus…Amen

10 Likes

While “thank you ever so much” is so little to say, it’s all I have in this as I thank you ever so much for such a beautiful blessing of prayer towards me. Through your life, you have given forth a prayer so beautiful and full of life, joy, and such vital energy. No one could have written that prayer as inspired as it is by the Holy Spirit, had it not been your fingers on the keys.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this prayer, Vicki. I am forever grateful and overjoyed with your deliverance of the Holy Spirit to me. Thank you!

4 Likes

:pray::level_slider::postal_horn::hourglass_flowing_sand::hourglass::alarm_clock::money_with_wings:Never ever stop praying for His return & never stop watching either. I am also very sorry about your chronic pain, praying for you. The enduring is so very difficult.

“And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:17, 20-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

4 Likes

Amen!!!

1 Like

@Jon
Thank you, brother-in-Him. It was meant for me to read this. I am more than weary, I want to give up…. So much heartache, loss, and sadness and illness.
I’m just so tired.
Minute by minute…… :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I’ll tell ya, Holli, I have felt the urge many times to give up. In my growing teenage years and into my twenties, gave me the moments I needed for humor today. Also the ammo needed to help those who want to exit this world against God’s determination of their time needed here. Giving up is far more exhaustive than fighting on. Does anyone truly understand the prep time behind that moment? One mistake and you might as well give up on giving up. It’s truly annoying once you really think about it; what has to be done to give up.

We think it easy and simple but it’s farthest from the truth. Let’s face facts here, giving up is messy!

You are a mother that took care of caring for and raising a son to adulthood. THAT right there would give most, reason to give up on the basis of how hard it can be to raise a boy. The past four decades alone have made it hard to do that. Trust me, being a boy growing up from the mid 70’s on up taught me this. Still am too lol.

Seriously though, everything we are going through; the storms we deal with, God is providing us, the amount of perseverance to get through the storm with His help, as we need. In so doing, prepares us for the next storm coming and then builds upon that for the next one. No one should fault any of us for falling into despair from time to time. Paul the apostle did it. Look what he went through. There are moments where we want to give up, that we need a mental scrapbook of events in our past that we got through, or got us through storms that were bad. Even literal storms.

I wanted to give up on college, as I was so tired. I had to overcome a problem where my counselor didn’t help me with my class assignments to pick which ones to take because he didn’t like me. I had to do it myself, and tell him to sign off on it. He never told me I was six credit hours short of graduating on time. I had one semester left before graduating. I had to go against the school and ask 6 professors to sign off on me taking over the limit of credit hours allowed in order to graduate on time. If my grades dropped below a C average, I would have to retake them in the fall. We were only allowed 12 credit hours a semester, I think. I took 18 and graduated.

Now, here’s where the stupidity of giving up comes in. A few weeks before I graduated, I told my girlfriend at the time, I wanted to drop out. I couldn’t take the pressure anymore. I got slapped for even thinking that and told how stupid it was to want to give up so close to my goal.

While I don’t know how close we are to OUR goal, although, I think we are close, giving up now seems stupid in comparison. We’ve made it this far. What’s a little more____?

You can do it, Holli. There is no room for us to throw in the towel and give up. This is the moment you were made for. And your own testimony of wanting to quit, give up, yet here you are continuing on, shows the world that a Follower of Christ can have down moments and fall to despair, yet ultimately get up, dust yourself off, and keep going. Not because you like to torture yourself, but because you trust the One carrying you through these storms. Building you up not to fail, not to fall, but to overcome. Just like He has. Thanks to Him, you, myself, that person in the corner playing Galaga, we only die once in this world and our soul gets a new, incorruptible body that we live with, ever age with, never get hurt again, never fall victim to acne or calories or carbs again. We walk through walls instead of bumping into them…probably scaring people on the other side of the wall. Because while we want to give up, we still have trust and faith He will see us through. And, just a little while longer too.

We’re almost there, @CL87 (Holli). A lot closer than we were when we started! Save this post if you need, print it out but do it tattoo it on you…that would be costly. Know He is always with us, guiding us, leading us to the end goal, if we just let go of our worries, our concerns, and our self and give it all to the Lord. Keep putting that armor of God on daily, sister in Christ. We’ll beat these battles, together. All for one, and one for all. Cliche’ but effective still.

7 Likes

Tears. Thank you, Jon. I’ll save your message… and it’s truly minute to minute.
God bless you for how you lift me, and others. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

I struggle with that too. so when I make a request of God, part of the prayer in my heart is, “IF it is Your will.”

to always be aware that my requests hinge on His will, helps keep me focused on making the best of the results.

instead of asking God to simply save us now, you are asking Him to save all those that will be, now, before taking us all away from here. that is not wrong. your heart is full of love and you want nothing more than to be in His unfiltered presence. and you are not selfish about it, since you are wanting for all His future children to be saved before we go.

if He doesn’t fulfill your desire today, you won’t lose faith in Him, right? so I see nothing wrong with your prayer. just look at your heart when you ask. seeing as you are not selfish about this one, I think you’re just fine <3

God, I pray the same, that all those who will be saved, will be saved today. if You have more for us to do first, we are happy to do whatever that is. no matter how much our feet might drag at times. please help us to stand upright as we withstand the storm, please help us to not become lazy in doing what You have called us to do, please help us to be patient, as You already know what we want today. thank you for sustaining us as we walk through the trials to come. we so look forward to just being with You, no obstacles or distractions, forevermore, with all those who love You too.

5 Likes

Hello Vicki.:blush:

First…I can totally relate. Having said that, this is what I believe God is saying to me for both of us… as we speak.

God expects us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth and prayer is a form of worship. So you can’t hide anything from God. He already KNOWS what you want. You have no choice but to be honest. He’ll take care of all the details. He is omniscient.

2 Likes