Prayer for Encouragement of Believers

I feel led to pray for encouraging words, as much as for myself as others. This forum is precious and it has become a lifeline to other believers, who believe as I do, that the Rapture is imminent. Still, each day begs the question “How soon?” And with each passing day, we sigh, and we long, and we ache to be in the Presence of Our Lord Jesus.

In light of that, I came across a booklet I’ve had for years, written by Zola Levitt, no doubt some of you will remember him. The booklet is “The Seven Feasts of Israel” and as I paged through it, I found some exciting information and want to share it with all of you.

These are excerpts from that booklet, not my words–they are the work of Zola Levitt.

Passover
The festival year begins with Passover, to be held at the beginning of Spring: “In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord’s Passover.” (Lev 23:5)

God’s calendar is a lunar calendar based on the phases of the moon rather than the earth’s revolutions around the sun. Each month starts with a new moon, reaching a full moon in the midst of the twenty-eight day cycle. Thus, Passover always falls on a full moon – the first full moon of Spring. Passover represents our salvation.

Unleavened Bread

The second feast begins on the next night: “And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.” (Lev 23:6).

Unleavened bread, eaten over a period of time (seven days), symbolized a holy walk, as with the Lord.

We readily see from the Gospel that Jesus was buried at the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread since his body was interred at sundown of Passover Day, the beginning of the fifteenth of Nisan, the first month. Our “kernel of wheat” was indeed placed into the ground…to rise again, in accordance with the schedule of the feasts.

Men have speculated just how it was Jesus died so quickly on the cross. Crucifixion normally took three days. That was the point of it. The victim died by inches as the people passed by the cross, morning and night, morning and night. The Romans utilized this slow and terrible way of death to terrify the population of provincial Israel. We see in the Gospel the centurion was not ready to believe that the young, strong Carpenter of Galilee was dead in just six hours. The speculation is ended of course if we simply understand the schedule of the two feasts. Our Lord died in time to be buried at sundown that day…that’s all the time He could spare. Our Lord never omitted a feast.

First Fruits

The third feast is held on the Sunday following Unleavened Bread: "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest; and he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you; on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it." (Lev 23:10-11)

It was not some other day He chose but the very day of First Fruits, just as He had performed on Passover and Unleavened Bread, each with the appropriate action. It was the last of the feasts the Lord was seen personally fulfilling on earth, but His ministry to the Church was to go on in the ensuing feasts, and again, each on their appropriate days.

Pentecost

God gave very specific directions for counting the proper number of days until the Feast of Harvest, which we refer to as Pentecost. It actually marked the summer harvest, the second of the year, in which more crops were available than at First Fruits. “And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete. Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.” (Lev 23:15-16)

Pentecost, then, occurs on a Sunday, exactly fifty days after First Fruits. Quite a few directions are given…but two verses in particular give us most interesting facts, which show God’s careful planning for the future: “Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord.” (Lev 23:17)

This subtle instruction indicates a great truth. These two “wave loaves” are of equal weight and they are baked with leaven. They are called “firstfruits.” Since they represent sinful man and since they are “firstfruits” they are redeemed or resurrected men. Obviously God was predicting here the Church would be comprised of Jew and Gentile.

Also interesting in the direction for Pentecost is this peculiar command: “And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest; thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger; I am the Lord your God.” (Lev 23:22)

The Lord rejoined His disciples after His Resurrection and taught them for forty days (Acts 1:3), and then bade them wait at Jerusalem until the Holy Spirit would come. The Holy Spirit did come exactly on the day of the feast (Acts 2:1) and gathered a harvest of three thousand souls.

How rejuvenating this was to the handful of followers who waited fearfully on the Lord’s promise of a Comforter. The fulfillment was exactly in keeping with the purpose of the feast. It was a greater harvest of souls than the Lord had presented at First Fruits, but only a token of the great harvest to come at the Rapture of the Church.

Whatever the disciples may have thought previously of the rustic teacher from Galilee, they certainly had to admit it seemed more than coincidental He was crucified on Passover, buried on Unleavened Bread, raised on First Fruits, and had sent the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. Four coincidences are hard to explain away, especially when each one is so completely appropriate to its purpose.

Trumpets

God seems to have enjoyed the trumpet. Ever since Isaac was spared by the ram being caught in the thicket by its horn, the trumpet, the ram’s horn, was special to God.

God actually seemed to enjoy hearing trumpets blown and He used them to great effect when Joshua conquered Jericho. He also specified their use in the Year of Jubilee (Lev 25:8-10) having the trumpets “proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto the inhabitants thereof.” But even previous to Jericho, God instructed Moses about trumpets on Mt. Sinai, in regard to our fifth feast!

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, in the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.” (Lev 23:24)

Our first three feasts occurred in the first month, normally in April. Pentecost occurred at the early part of summer, usually late May or early June. Now we go to the first day of Tishrei, on the Jewish calendar, the seventh month, which occurs in fall, in September.

This jump in time seems to represent the Church Age in God’s planning, since the trumpet unquestionably represents the Rapture of the Church. When that great trumpet sounds, the miracle to surpass all miracles will take place. "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
(1 Thes 4:16-17)

This is a good place to break. Look up! Our redemption draws near! It’s almost time to go home Church!

10 Likes

Excerpts from “The Seven Feasts of Israel” by Zola Levitt
These last two are most sacred of Jewish feasts.

Atonement

On the fearsome Day of Atonement, the Jew literally either lived or died, according to God’s will:
Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement; it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord (Lev 23:27)

This was a day of confession and it still is. This was the day on which the High Priest of Israel entered the fearsome Holy of Holies, where God Himself dwelt (Lev 16). The high priest would make a sacrifice on his own behalf, and then sacrifice on behalf of all the sins of all the Israelites.

We would look in vain in the New Testament for a fulfillment for the Day of Atonement. This is the one feast which is not fulfilled by the Church, because the Church owes no atonement. The Church is not innocent of course, but it is exonerated. Jesus paid the sins of every one of us. But these are Jewish feasts, and each one is fulfilled for the Jews.

The Day of Atonement will be fulfilled in a wonderful way when the Lord returns at His second coming. See Zechariah 12:10, 13:1.

So all Israel shall be saved, as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob. (Romans 11:26)

Sometimes Christians are confused by preaching that indicates “All Jews will saved anyway, so why should we bother witnessing to them now?” This would be an erroneous reading of Scripture, since only surviving Israel will be saved when the Lord returns.

Tabernacles

The prophetic picture becomes much brighter with the happy occasion of the seventh feast:
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seven month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the Lord. (Lev 23:34)

Tabernacles represents the Lord’s shelter in the world to come, His great Tabernacle to exist in Jerusalem during the Kingdom Age. This seventh feast, commemorated faithfully by Jesus (John 7), is the one feast we are assured will be an important part of kingdom worship. See Zechariah 14:16-19.

Some Conclusions

• God forecast the entire career of the Messiah, the Jews, the Church, and even the other nations
  • He laid out the feasts in the calendar year in a manner that reflects in proportion the history of the Church
  • The seven feasts reassure us about a pre-tribulation Rapture. Surely the entire system would be wrecked if the Church were not to be rewarded at Trumpets, but have to put in an unwarranted Day of Atonement with unbelieving Israel in the tribulation period.
  • We may also see God’s clever design shown in the earthly week – six feasts of work and the last one of rest, rather like the creation week
  • The biblical history has indeed described some six thousand years, and if we are to foresee the kingdom, somewhere in the near future, then a logical one thousand year rest period is coming up.

Tabernacles is the beginning of the Kingdom!

3 Likes

Music to lift weary souls!
"Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD and there we shall be forever more!"(1 Thes 4:17)

1 Like

What a beautiful name it is!!

The Jewish Feast Days concisely explained for Christians
https://www.hebrew4christians.com/Holidays/Introduction/introduction.html

Trumpets!

Blessed by the reading of Psalm 91 today!

God’s Promises

Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

Because he has set his love upon Me,
therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.
(Ps 91: 9-12, 14-16)

HALLELUJAH! WE LOVE YOU LORD!

3 Likes

Praise His Holy Name! Lord God Almighty, we offer You all honor and praise! May we soon be singing in Your Courts!!

Revelation 5
New International Version

5 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. 4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”

11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

AMEN!

3 Likes

Take heart Believer! Because God thinks of everything!

(Dragonfly wiping water off its eyes.)

O LORD, how manifold are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all.
The earth is full of Your possessions–
Psalm 104:24

2 Likes

That is SO cute and lovely!

1 Like

Reading the book of Malachi:
"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them.
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name.
“They shall be mine,” says the Lord of hosts,
“On the day that I make them My jewels.”
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him
. Malachi 3:16-17

1 Like

Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.

In Genesis 5, the genealogies leading to Noah are listed. Their lives and length of life all end with “and he died,” except Enoch. He walked with God.

May we walk with God every moment of every day. Soon we will be with Him! We’re closer today than we were ever before. Keep your mind on Him!

“And He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him.” Isaiah 26:3

1 Like

And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 2 Kings 6:17

2 Likes

I always love this visual💗.

1 Like

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

2 Likes

Treasures in Zechariah!
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of hosts. (4:6)

1 Like

When Satan, death, the grave and sin have done whatever they can do, we are still more than conquerors through him that loved us (Rom 8:37). Christ in love is preparing a place for us and has sent the Holy Spirit to strengthen us under all adversity. Christ is touched in our affliction and is laying himself out in intercession to preserve us from ruin. We will behold his glory and be partakers of it. He will come for us as a bridegroom and wrap us in the robes of glory. Then forever there shall be no death or sorrow. We know his great love when we consider all the glories, all the benefits, and all the blessings laid up in heaven. Who can understand his love?
John Bunyan

3 Likes

Great is Your Faithfulness! Do it again!

1 Like