Prayer for family members newly discovered cancer

Please pray for my daughter in law and son, their children too. Early in the summer, she discovered a lump and had a biopsy done.
She just informed her parents and myself on Monday this week, that she has stage 3 breast cancer.
She was all set to have chemo begin tomorrow since the lump has gone from being small to pretty much taking over the breast tissue.
Today she received more test results which have indicated that she now has 4 tumors in her lungs. So they will reassess tomorrow how they will proceed to treat it so she will not be starting chemo.
She does not know the Lord,neither does my son. They had both been so eager to have the treatments done for CV and while I don’t know for certain that this is related, i think it may very well be a result of having taken the three doses.
The two are very close so he will be involved in all of her treatments. I am concerned it will wear him down as well. Their boys are young yet.
Thankyou.

20 Likes

She is 40 years young. I don’t know if it is hormone based. I am praying for a good outcome though. Thankyou Jack.

5 Likes

hi ,
Praying for the whole family .
I am so sorry .

4 Likes

Thankyou Becky. I pray for not only a good outcome but also for their salvation.
Blessings

7 Likes

I am praying for that too .

4 Likes

Praying for your daughter in law & son to come to believe on the Lord and get saved first and for her healing of body. And for their children to be comforted .
:pray:

8 Likes

Thankyou Alvis. As the days pass and full affects from treatments taken, start to have the results become visible in various forms of illness, it is just heartbreaking how evil. If one is redeemed, there is great comfort in knowing we will see them again if they are saved too.

5 Likes

Oh dear sister praying for your family. Been down this road and my heart breaks for what she will go through emotionally and physically. Especially since she doesn’t know the One who has her life in His hands. Praying for the salvation of your precious family and her healing. What are their names, if you can share?

6 Likes

Thank-you so much for your prayers. I am sorry to hear you have had experience with this yourself.
I know she is afraid, she has said so. It is complicated but then isn’t it always.
She has said she knows that time is limited. Treatment will at best prolong her time.
3 to 5 years.
We are still waiting for the appointment time to be provided for the test that is not normally done on breast cancer patients but because the growth has been so rapid and her doctor has indicated she is almost positive the dark spots in her lungs are cancer also, no treatment of any kind can begin until they know for sure what they are dealing with.
So a small lump found in June has now grown to have taken over the breast by September. I am praying that the appointment for further testing will be soon, simply because of the rapid progression.

6 Likes

I can’t like that post but you did answer the question that automatically came to mind.
Trials are good to bring people to Jesus, they did for me.

5 Likes

My mom was drinking ensure and I feel the sugar just made it worse.

4 Likes

Oh, that she would give her heart to Jesus. Have you had a heart to heart with her about death? Maybe its time to see what she really believes. The threat of a death sentence when we are facing it so strongly as she is may be the right time to go bold. Trust in the Holy Spirit to give you the right time and words. He certainly will. Praying for you dear sis.

7 Likes

HI Cindy
Yes, I had heard that sugar can cause cancer to be more agressive. As far as I am aware, my DIL isn’t big on sugar or deserts etc. She has always been health conscious regarding what she eats and feeds the family. Thankyou for the info and encouragement.
Blessings

5 Likes

I will be praying fervently for the salvation of this family.
I also recently ( last Monday) got diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. I have not had the C vaccine. I am opting for no treatments at all. I have been suffering for over six years with pain that has me vomiting every night in pain. I am so ready to go to my real home. But to get such a diagnosis in an unsaved family member must be a very sad situation. My heart is aching for you and I pray that somehow, in some way God will make himself known so she can be at peace. I will add her to my daily prayer list. Blessings upon you!!!

7 Likes

You have brought me to tears Binky. :heart: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :hugs: Oh my. I am so glad you are saved and no your destination. I am sure it is quite a shock and adjustment for you. I am so sorry you are in such pain. I will be praying for you daily that you will be able to manage the pain. You have not indicated whether you have family, spouse, children etc.
Please continue to share as you desire, on this forum, as you make your journey home.
May the Lord our God hold you close now every day going forward until you see him face to face.
God bless you.

6 Likes

Thank you grandma5. I have lots of love and support which makes so much difference. And yes, the most important thing is knowing my destination! My fear is being unable to lay down when I get sick. I am on my face before the Lord every night just asking for a level of comfort between now and when I go home. I have not been able to lay down for more than ten minutes without the pain bringing on vomiting. I am so tired. I have zero faith left in the doctors which has brought me to having to rely on the Lord 100%. Something I should have been doing before this six years of affliction I know. I get my prognosis on Monday. I am more afraid of how much longer I have to live like this than I am of dying. I am going to be with my Lord very soon I pray! Hallelujah! Thank you for your kind words.

6 Likes

Praying for you my sister in Christ Jesus. May the Lord give you comfort and ease your sickness as you have prayed for. It is such a blessing to know the Lord to get us through the roughest times. We who are in Christ understand that we are not here to get the most out of this life. We are not measured by PHD’s , Careers or Financial Status or even Health. We who belong to Jesus became a success once we came to believe in him and to put our trust in him. Our life is eternity with him and we all are looking forward to putting this old world behind, and he will wipe away every tear we have ever shed. You are a strong sister and we brethren are here for you in prayer and fellowship. :pray:

7 Likes

I have witnessed to both her and my son in time past. She was raised RC. God will often bring us to the end of ourselves so we will look up and reach out to him. I will have that discussion with her again and my son also. Am waiting for that right time. Thankyou Carole Ann.

5 Likes

I am SO sorry to hear that.
May we hear the shofar soon. The trials I’m in never end, they just change like a new variation of a virus called sin. Every day I pray our Savior will call for us. ((((Hugs))))

5 Likes

@Grandma5,
Nancy this is horrible news. I will be praying for her healing and for both of them to come to know the Lord. Praying for you also as you go through this with them and that God’s perfect timing allow you to witness to them both with the wisdom that only He can provide.
Agape,
Ken

3 Likes