Prayer for protection and casting out fear

I am traveling on the 9th of May to visit my daughter in the Florida Keys. I’ve not been since before the Covid crisis. My daughter has longed for me to come, and I feel led now that the mask mandate was lifted so that I can make the trip without passing out! I am traveling alone with a layover in DC. I have never liked to fly, and never liked to travel alone, but . . . My love for my daughter is drawing me to do just that. Like many of you, my head is filled with unsettling news and fear creeps in. I hope that the prayers of my family here will help me to face this trip in complete confidence of the Lord’s protection from start to finish. I pray also that The doors of communication will be open, and that Our Father in Heaven will give me words to speak that will encourage my daughter in her journey to Jesus. She is 30 years old, engaged to be married, living with her fiancé, and just looking forward to her life here unfolding in a beautiful way. She has dreams of a home and gifting me with another grandchild. What does one say to their young adult children in light of the events unfolding in the world? I also hope to be able to spread some tracts about Key West, and will walk the streets and pray especially for those who need to turn to Jesus. Thank you to all who will be led to lift me up. God bless you especially!

17 Likes

Praying for just that. Please have a wonderful trip and relax in God’s hands. I know what you mean about your daughter. Mine is looking forward to a future that isn’t going to happen, and she gets so disheartened when I talk to her about it. However, one of her cats is sick, and she’s very upset so I talked to her about heaven where there will be no more sickness or death, and she seemed receptive to that.

5 Likes

For sure and for certain, I am praying for you in your travels and during your precious time with your daughter, @SongSparrow Brenda. :hibiscus:

4 Likes

Hey there Brenda @SongSparrow,
Bon voyage! Go with God! Witness boldly. Love without reserve. Enjoy your time in transit and visiting your family.

Traveling alone can be scary but you will be under the protection of the Most High. Be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove.

I understand the difficulty of these times — some are planning a future in this world and we know our departure is imminent. Makes conversations tricky, I imagine that would be especially so when visiting with a daughter looking to marry and have a child. That is indeed a situation for prayer.

Father God, thank You for Your daughter Brenda, for her faith in You and obedience to Your Word. Thank You that even before she asked us to join her in prayer, You have already been at work to weave all things for her good. You are so good to us! We thank You for it.

Please temper Brenda’s apprehension about the travel and the visit with confidence that You are in control and are preparing the hearts of those she will meet, those she will tell about You, and those she loves. Thank You for opening doors and hearts, for giving Brenda the right words at the right time, and for the seeds she will plant.

Thank You for this wonderful opportunity to visit her daughter Father. Please give this family good weather and good health so they might enjoy each moment You are providing them. Please protect Brenda’s home and loved ones while she is in Florida and bring her safely back home at the appointed time. Thank You for everything! In the Name of Your beloved Son Yeshua, our Kinsman-Redeemer, amen.

5 Likes

Thank you so much GR for the beautiful prayer and for your encouragement! Such a blessing to me and mine! I’m so grateful! Blessings to you and those you love, in Jesus’ name. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you and bless you, Merrilee. I’m so grateful for your prayers!! God bless you!! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m so very grateful for your prayers, your encouragement, AND for the image you’ve given me to hold in my heart as I travel!! I pray that your daughter’s kitty gets better, and that the seeds you’ve planted of a future without sorrow and sickness and death will grow into a life changing longing in your daughter’s heart to grab hold of that hope and RSVP to our Jesus! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Just remember how the Father of the Prodigal Son welcomed him home, and let the Holy Spirit take control. It is not what we say - it is what we do - and how others perceive us that makes us different from the world. I am excited for your trip! How much fun you are going to have! Take trips down memory lane with your precious child, let her know she is a Gift from God to you and that you will always be her biggest fan! Love conquers all. Just look at what Jesus, our Beloved Jesus did for us! And when you get in that plane, just close your eyes and ask the Lord to hold your hand - that’s what I used to do! I hate flying, too…but sometimes it’s better than we imagine it will be - so go have a beautiful reunion with your family in the Keys! Blessings!

2 Likes

All wonderful words! Thank you so much @IamBlessed Beverly. I do have a beautiful relationship with my daughter. And I know that we will have wonderful conversations. I pray our Father in Heaven will guide and guard my thoughts and tongue, and that He will nudge me to share only what He knows will be beneficial. There is just soooo much that is distressing news these days . . . I’ve prayed psalm 139 over her for more than a decade now . . . And she knows this well. . . She just told me that she had a beautiful dream of her father last night. She said he was hugging her tightly and she could still feel that hug when she woke up . . . She said she felt it was a message from Heaven. . . Her father died here at home when she was just 17. He had always wanted to retire to the Fl Keys and live off fresh fish! Abbey inherited his love for the sea and went to college there in Key West. She has lived there ever since. Anyway. . . Thank you for your prayers for me and for her! She is a believer. She chose to be baptized when she was ten. She often asks for prayer, but I truthfully get so confused about the “born again believer” discussion, especially when the culture creeps in and muddies the water. . . I would say she is not living her life for Jesus. . . And oft times I have to ask Him even how I’M doing in that regard! :smiling_face_with_tear: Sorry to go on so . . . Seems this forum family is the only place where I can honestly share these spiritual questions and cares. Not many others I know really want to know. . . Just all fluff and stuff . . . So thank you again! God bless you for caring and praying for us!

6 Likes

Agreeing with the prayers and sentiments expressed here.

Brenda, @SongSparrow , I know how much you love Christian music, One song that has often helped me in fearful times was this:

Verse 1 & chorus in particular

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go,
Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him, dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.
CHORUS
Anywhere! anywhere! Fear I cannot know;
Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.

I am sharing the acapella version :musical_note:, as that’s how it was first introduced to me many years ago .

3 Likes

Love this! I won’t be traveling alone!! You are so sweet and kind to appeal to my love of music! Have a blessed day, Pax! You are a blessing! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Listen, the Lord chose YOU to be Abby’s mom! Now choose HIM to bring Abbey to the place He desires for her to be! So hard for us moms to let God be God. I pray my daughter, too, will come back to her faith in a meaningful way - BUT GOD! We Moms just have to keep praying and praying! And just wait to see what the Lord does!

3 Likes

Oh sooooo true!!! I guess all of the reminders that the clock is ticking and time is so short just makes the burdens on my heart more heavy!! Makes my pleas more desperate! But I guess that could be a gift. We’ve never known how much time any of us have, but prior to the last few years I’ve not really LIVED in that state of urgency.

Father, I DO trust you!! Help me to hold fast to believing without seeing! For Beverly’s daughter . . . For my son and daughter . . . For all of our children living for this life without much thought of forever. . . Draw them close. Father hide them under your protective wing. . . Let NO PLAN of the enemy succeed against them! We, the mothers and fathers you’ve chosen, stand in the gap and plead that they find their way home to you! Amen

And . . . This for all . . . (An accapella @Pax ! @Janet7 @Gracings @GR @):relieved:

5 Likes

This is one of our little lambs. I’ve named him Lazarus, with great hope that he will live! He has a crooked back and possible a crushed lung. Our vet thinks his mom may have stepped on him. We’ve been bottle feeding him every four hours. Thought you might enjoy seeing this sweet little baby!

8 Likes

Thank you - that is beautiful. I’ll see my daughter this weekend, so that’s another opportunity. Thinking about having her help me practice witnessing.

3 Likes

Oh, precious little lamb. Praying Lazarus will be ok. Love, love his name.

3 Likes

Praying for you, sis. Perfect Love casts out fear. Whose love is more perfect than God’s. And it’s wonderful they are thinking about the future. This gives us all hope but doesn’t change the fact that we know who holds the future. A new baby; what a wonderful idea. Too much death in this world and that is a wonderful thought for sure. We don’t know how long the Lord will tarry. It could be years yet, but if the Lord comes after the grandbaby, well he/she will fly too. Heaven can never have enough children in my opinion.

Just love on them and share Jesus when the Holy Spirit prompts. Let go of the rest.

2 Likes

Thanks sooo much for your prayers and your loving encouragement. I am staying up to do the midnight feeding for our little crippled lamb, Lazurus. Yesterday I drove to my hometown to visit my mom. The drive takes about an hour and 45 minutes. I drove most of the distance just pouring my heart out to the Lord. As I was nearing the exit I turned my radio on, set to a Christian station. The first words I heard were, “every fear I lay at your feet . . . Oh God, The battle belongs to you”. And every song after that continued to speak directly in to all I’d been praying about! A Song about Heaven. A Song about Christ’s return! And then, a song that spoke so to my prayers for my son that I pulled over and, tears streaming down my face, I sent it to him with a Mother’s Day message about how I prayed for him the parable of the lost sheep. On my return trip, concerned about my mom who was not feeling well, and a little worried because there are many people in my area who are getting very sick and testing positive for Covid, I prayed some more, and turning on the radio again, this song, with the words, “My fear doesn’t stand a chance when I stand in your love” . . . And I stood amazed at God’s tender mercies. It just seemed He was speaking personally to me through these songs, one after another. Now, I’m so very tired and the butterflies are back about the flight tomorrow. . . But telling you this story has helped me to sing praise again. . . And talk myself out of the butterflies belly trying to stir up anxiety again!!! I’m going to play those songs again until I fall asleep!! God’s got this!! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

@SongSparrow :heart::pray:

4 Likes

You were confessing your weakness to the Body of Christ which is what we are to do. And then in return we encourage, pray, and stand in the gap for you. I smiled when I read your last sentence and saw how God has ministered to you in such a loving and powerful way. Songs from the Lord have always healed my troubled soul and He is faithful to bring about healing in the way that works best for us. How great is our God. He is awesome, mighty to save, and His ways are righteous all together.

3 Likes