Prayer for upcoming Holy Land trip

Thank you so much @GR.

One blessing is even my husband and kids are intrigued by my going. They keep telling me to take lots of pictures which I’m hoping to actually use as a witnessing tool to them when I get back in hopes it opens their hearts to the truth and validity of scripture.

I’m trying to refresh my knowledge on biblical events at the different cities and places we’ll be visiting. What I’m finding is I still have a lot of Bible to learn :sweat_smile: so I’m not so sure about the resident expert title just yet :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hey Steph @anon74937514 ,
You probably don’t have tons of time, but this is a series on the seven churches in Revelation that I really enjoyed. Of course, there are many videos like these, and it seems I learn something new in each video… but these are really good.

Speaking of not having much time, Jay McCarl (another CC pastor, author, teacher, cultural anthropologist, and more!) has short (usually about 10-15 minute) clips on his YT channel featuring many of the places Christian seeker tourists are taken. You might enjoy those….

I know the cover shot looks like a nuclear reactor; actually telescopes in Hawaii. It’s relevant.

Praying for your family’s salvation always; praying for you to have a wonderful trip, too. I am certain those in your group will be blessed by you, as well as those you encounter in your travels. I think our Father has some wonderful moments planned for you to enjoy in His land, Steph!

*NOTE: If picture offends anyone, I will remove it. gr

3 Likes

I hope it’s ok to share my increasing excitement here.
I just received a detailed itinerary for the daily activities

• to Caesarea
  • Mt Carmel
  • Meggido
    -sail the Sea of Galilee
    -Caesarea Philipi ( Peter proclaimed, You are the Christ
  • Road to Damascus
  • Dead Sea scrolls museum of Qumran
    -Dead Sea … swim or rather float :joy: and ride a cable car
    -Jordan River and we can request to be baptized :raised_hands:
    -Mt of Olives
  • church of the Holy Sepulcher
    -the Jewish Quarter
    -Temple Mount
    -Hezekiahs tunnel / pool of Siloam
  • Garden tomb

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. If I could take you all with me I would. I’m not trying to gloat, I’m just beyond excited and there’s just no words :exploding_head::exploding_head:

Know I’ll be thinking of my forum family and will pray for you all when I’m there :heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

I’m so happy for you Steph! When you’re floating in the dead sea keep me in your thoughts and tell God to make a way for Stacey to take a trip with a friend to Israel :joy:

2 Likes

Though we can’t be there in person with you, you will be in our prayers and we await your safe return.

4 Likes

Numbers 6:24-26 KJV

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

:pray:Traveling mercies for my sister in Christ. God bless and keep you always. In Jesus’ name, Amene
Warmest Aloha :cherry_blossom::two_hearts::hibiscus:

6 Likes

Thank you Lyvonne :heart:

3 Likes

@anon74937514 Yay, how exciting! I remember you talking about wanting to go last year. I’m so happy for you. Have an amazing time. Can’t wait to hear about your experience when you get back. I’ll be praying for you :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you Alissa :heart:

3 Likes

Has Stephanie left yet?

2 Likes

I’m almost to Boise where I’ll spend tonight and then fly out tomorrow morning from there with the tour group to California then to Tel Aviv.

Thinking of you all :heart::heart:

Me enroute as we speak :

12 Likes

Made it earlier today :raised_hands:
Met some nice Israelis at the airport and on my flight.
I will try to touch base when I can :israel:

10 Likes

Congratulations Stephanie,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you…and most of all, we are very excited for you :grin:

4 Likes

Morning Steph @anon74937514,
You might not see this right away, but I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you to be on your way, how grateful I am to our LORD for giving you this desire of your heart. You look absolutely radiant! And tears of joy are springing from my eyes… I know you will have the most blessed of trips. Shalom, my friend.
:heart:gr

6 Likes

Megiddo/ Valley of Armageddon from afar and Mt Carmel visit

Underground water system at Megiddo

Caesarea Maritima Mediterranean Sea

Amphitheater

Aqueducts:

Mediterranean port where Paul sailed out from and area he was imprisoned:

Nazareth Village and area there where an ancient grape press in the rocks believed to be where Jesus walked and visited

City of Nazareth housing

Fig tree

Food:

Tomorrow to visit some Holy sites and getting baptized in the Jordan River :sob:
Stay tuned friends !

18 Likes

Absolutely breathtaking pictures from the Promised Land with Stephanie in it :israel: :grinning: :israel: …Thank You so much for these.

Oh, I’ve heard that Israeli food is incredibly yum-yum, and very very special. And that the fruit is way beyond what is commonly available elsewhere.

Isaiah 27:6
Those who come He shall cause to take root in Jacob; Israel shall blossom and bud, And fill the face of the world with fruit.

We are so joyful for you Stephanie…and are looking so forward to see and hear about your beautiful experience in Israel, as you are able :grin:

6 Likes

Love these photos!!! Thanks for sharing. The joy on your face made me smile :yellow_heart:. It’s so fun to see it happening for you now!

5 Likes

Oh, to literally walk where Jesus walked ! Breathtaking!

4 Likes

Kosher food, I presume?

4 Likes

I have tears srreaming down my cheek sis… you are very fortunate to be able to hear the tour guy and take this trip independently as i couldn’t make it on my own if i could visit there, i would need a trusted friend to go with me. I’m really happy for you that God carried you safely over there and he’s with you everywhere you go. Thanks for sharing photos God’s beautiful land. :yellow_heart:

5 Likes