Prayer for upcoming Holy Land trip

From Caepernum :
Site believed to be the actual home of Peter where he lived with his MIL

housing excavated there revealing mutagenesis community living

Caepernum synagogue near Peter’s house… the black volcanic stone was the original at the time of Jesus and he would’ve spoke here but the lighter limestone on top was a rebuild in top of the original by the Byzantines 4 th century and a millstone
The building is called a floating church because it’s above Peter’s house
View through its floor:

Notice the excavated pillar parts are etched with
wonderful symbolism

Mount of the Beatitudes off the Sea of Galilee

City of Magdala where Mary Magdalene was from
and whom Jesus visited
And excavated ruins of a synagogue there

Baptized in the Jordan reaffirming Christ as my Savior

Beautiful flowers :

Mawan our bus driver and me

Our wonderful and funny tour guide Ishcaar

19 Likes

Loving these pictures…Thank You so much Steph :israel::grin::israel:

6 Likes

Absolutely!
I forgot to include Mount Arbel which overlooked the Sea of Galilee down to where the shores of Masada and Mount of Beatitudes can be seen

:heart::israel:

20 Likes

Holy Land your update :
Any start the day any better than a Sea of Galilee tour worshipping Christ

The captain was a messianic Jew who writes also writes worship songs inti the Hebrew language

16 Likes

Visited the ancient area of the tribe of Dan which migrated north and is now a nature reserve. There were actual ruins of ancient gates into it were dated at the 9 th century bc also there do was the king’s seat but it was an area that pagan idols were brought into

The base of walls and floor were excavated and are from the original time of the 9the century BC
and the stones that had fallen were reconstructed as they would’ve been positioned likely then

For today I was Queen Stephanie :joy:sitting on the actual throne site

The Canaan gate is the oldest arch gate dated 1800 BC

13 Likes

Caesarea Phillipi where Peter declared Jesus THE Christ
The area was again infiltrated with pagan idol worship and sacrifice at the “ Temple of Pan “ Pan was a Greek god. ( look up further details )

12 Likes

Nimrod’s palace
This was not really his it built by him but was a built later on by varying peoples.
The base was likely built during the Hellenic, Rime and Byzantine dynasties ( kind of in layers… it is right near the Road to Damascus and we HUGE and breathtaking to say the least

The road way down below is the area where the road to Damascus traveled

11 Likes

Tomorrow is the Dead Sea , Jericho ( lunch there) and Bethlehem where we’ll also shop :grin::grin:

Thinking of you all and to end I’ll let everyone know I CAN NOT walk in water so I settled for walking in the waters of her Sea if Galilee where Jesus DID walk on water.

AND
More gorgeous flower pics

PS…. Oops!
Forgot about the 2000 year old boat stern that was excavated in 1986. It WAS from the time of Jesus from the Sea of Galilee.

16 Likes

Queen Stephanie, that has a nice ring to it…Your Majesty :princess:t3::rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you soooo much for taking us along with you (via your pics/your heart, Steph @anon74937514.) I cry each time I see more pictures! I’m so happy for you— and a wee bit envious.

And I’m grateful to @JDForumTeam for allowing these pics to be posted. Thanks, you guys. You totally rock!

much love, gr

8 Likes

Next update
Today we started at Beit She’an.
This was an ancient city , one of the oldest in the in Israel that was known for Saul being hung in a wall after he committed suicide and his family got his body and buried him in Jabesh - Gilead

The city was approximately 6 century BC.
Captured by Egypt , Alexander the Great and then Rome. In 749 BC it was complete destroyed by an earthquake.
However the ruins were excavated and much of the foundations were intact.
The original stones and pillars were located as was intact flooring , walkways , bath houses , and even a large bathroom !!!
They are working to put it back together with the funds from the archeological dig
It was named Scythopolis by the Greeks.

The bathroom: you sat between two stone seats and underneath was a drainage system

Amphitheater

There were bathhouses, shops, and various rooms, a water heating area and beautiful mosaic floors

8 Likes

Next was Jericho

Qumran ( caves and city excavation)

Dead Sea :

And of course more beautiful flowers and plants :

The next 3 days to end this mind blowing dream trip is visiting the Old City of Jerusalem.

Goodnight everyone and remember I think of you all each day :heart:

14 Likes

Thank You so much for all you are sending us Stephanie.

I have always been stunned and amazed at the ancient artifacts. The ancients were certainly very highly intelligent and created many incredible things going back to the Egyptian captivity…and even artwork strongly hinting at the Hebrews in Goshen.

The ancient building structures are also so amazing.

5 Likes

Morning Steph,
Thanks for sharing! I see that beautiful mosaic floor and wow, the beauty and workmanship! Betcha the people who laid it never thought a woman would be showing their workmanship to others across the globe some 2000 years later. What’s that old saying? They don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

And I’m soooooo very thankful for private, indoor plumbing! Cannot imagine sitting around with a bunch of ‘strangers’— but I suppose each time frame had its regulars, lol. We’ve come a long way, Baby. (Had to keep the old sayings going…)

Did your guide say why those millstones (if they are) were sitting as decoration (7th pic after mosaic floor)?

Girl, you have covered some miles! Looking forward to your next round of pics. I know you’re looking forward to going to the Old City!
:heart:gr

5 Likes

So Steph how did the water feel in the dead sea? Did it smell like salt and did you noticed anything different after you got out? That’s the one place i would love to swim is in the dead sea but that’s up to God to make that happen for me which i hope He will… i know i’ll be in Israel when we come back with Jesus in the second coming.

5 Likes

Hi Stacey,

Hey, I love the Hebrew spelling of your name סטייסי.

And yes, me also, I have been wanting to swim, or actually float, in the dead sea also…nothing like pure salt to purify and heal us : )

4 Likes

Thanks and yes that’s why i want to swim there. :blush:

2 Likes

I haven’t had time to catch up here or list other activities.
I will do it as soon as I can

But I wanted you all to know that today we are touring the old city and I just want at the wailing wall.
I typed as many of my forum families names onto a list with the following scripture references and I said a prayer for all of you and our Jewish friends who need Jesus. Your user names are now in the cracks of the far right of the western wall. Love you guys :heart::latin_cross::star_of_david:

I hope everyone has a great day :israel::heart:

And I met a temple cat friend :joy:

14 Likes

Love you too Steph… for some reason looking at the names made me cry, i miss some of those names … what you did is beautiful :yellow_heart: what Joy it will be when we all will reunite in Heaven.
adorable cat :heartbeat: thank you for sharing from your heart.

7 Likes

How touching, Stephanie!!
Fun that the temple cat blends in with its surroundings!

6 Likes