Prayer Regarding Demons

I really don’t know how else to place the title of this because it is a prayer to God about the demons who’ve infiltrated our lives. The ones throwing the darts into the weak points of our armor, the ones who “send it” continually at brethren and keeping the lost–lost. A prayer to deliver a rather pointed warning. As they infiltrated our lives individually, they do their best to break about our families, and our lines of faith–including those of us in this forum. Not all of us get along, and that should be understood as sad but at the same time, understandable. This side of Heaven we will continue our problems with sin, no matter what level or degree of sin or even transgressions we think we are free from (we aren’t.)

I’m pretty beleaguered at this point and last night was a low point I’ve visited before and almost asked for prayer for myself. But no, I think I’m just going to write this prayer as it’s what I said to our Heavenly Father last night and from my observations in some areas, it seems to have made an impact of change and thought provoking discussions around the world. So with that in mind grab some beverages and sandwiches, cause this one is long. Hopefully you agree with it.

Heavenly Father, Loving and Gracious and Merciful

Many of Your children have become so fatigued and beleaguered with the demons seemingly surrounding us at all angles, we are feeling (some of us) as though we’re at OUR last stand. We don’t doubt You’re on the throne. We don’t speculate on what’s going on in Your mind as to what’s the next step in this multi-tier chess match. We don’t try to question Your love towards us. We have faith You are for us and no one else can be against us that will prevail over You. We are just getting hammered in one way or another and while we trust You; I’m asking for something that some have never thought to ask and perhaps we shouldn’t, but after today, I see it’s worth a shot in asking, should this prayer intertwine with Your will being done, Father.

Deliver to our guardian angels the reinforcements they require to battle the demons afflicting Your children, my brethren, with plight and placating our lives with punishment and persecution. Allow the ground beneath demon’s feet to quake and the wind turbulent with which they soar, as a dire warning their judgement is sealed and to not make it any worse for themselves. Let the demons feel the intensity of fire from [Your] eyes and the stinging piercing blade of [Your] tongue as they influence even the weakest willed among us to do their bidding. As they infiltrate the most fatigued of Your children to release rationality and discernment from their midst and succumb to Satan’s seduction of sending our actions, thoughts and words as weapons against You, including Your children, and our Savior’s Bride. Please bless Your children with a resounding galvanizing of protection from evil and those not of You.

Give pause to the lost who are enticed in thought, deed, and word to attack Your children. Let the lost stumble among their words, caught in thorny thickets unable to complete their tasks towards us. Give a blatant halt heeded by Your children to see the error in this worldly thinking and not succumb to it’s seduction as Satan wishes. Protect us from destroying the blessings You’ve placed in our lives.

We call out to You, Father (or at least I do) to no longer make the demons just shiver and tremble, no, Father, I call for them to languish in fear for the continual bearing down of pressure upon this world to do their bidding. I ask that You please rejuvenate our guardian angels in pursuit of halting these attacks and the reinforcements of thousands of Brigades of angels, a hundred million by each side, to bring down the thunder of Your mighty words and the heat of the fire of Your words and might upon those in our midst to see the Truth of God before them. To reveal to the lost, those countless angels at the ready, in the sky, staring down through the unsaved eyes and souls and to allow the lost to hear the praising songs to You, Father. To feel the vibration of angel’s voices to shake loose and fall the scales from their eyes and plugs in their ears.

I beg You, Father, knowing You will answer as we need, not as we want, to deliver us to our Homeland we long for soon. I know brethren who cannot take more, yet have faith You will see us through and will continually build in us perseverance to maintain some sort of discipline. And as we thank You for Your continued acceptance of us, and Your favor for us, Your love of us, through us as the Holy Spirit in us, that You would please, send forth the announcement for the trumpet to sound and the dead to rise before us and we shortly thereafter.

And while it may not be “our time” yet, Father, and while I pray to You to let the warnings from You be heard across the land and for the lost and even the saved to acknowledge and understand Your messages to us all–brethren will do our best to keep each other remaining faithful in our walk with the Lord. We will do our best to encourage one another till You allow us Home. We will try to keep going. What I want may not be what I need, Father. I want demons to flee in fear of our presence, not because we are saved, not because we are Your children, but because You are our Father and You are putting Your foot down in a way never before witnessed. What I probably need is a nap though.

Whatever You decide, Father, I will accept Your rationale. I have no choice in the matter anyway. While I love You and while I at times, just like my brethren find myself in those self-made prisons of ours, You continue to keep the doorway open for us to walk right out of with Your guidance and I thank You for it always.

For my brethren, Father - allow us to see our error and correct it with one another. Let us understand the consumption of assumption leads to destruction. Some of us, this side of Heaven, will never see eye-to-eye. We’ll never be able to fully agree on each other’s words or actions or thoughts. I would hope that when the time comes for us to band together against evil, we do just that: We pray for one another and we further our walk with one another. We help one another and we protect one another. We provide our best measures to show each other and the lost not yet saved a walking-talking depiction of why it’s essential to have Jesus in our lives.

Father, my prayer is not meant to be mean or rude or selfish, but to beg of You to give they who tempt brethren and lost alike to do what we ought not, the leaning gaze of God that strikes more than just fear into the eyes of those meant for it. And for those who accept temptation to realize we don’t want to be in the line of that gaze, ever. We have the “thousand yard stare”, it can be scary, I’d hate to experience the eternal stare that rivals it.

Please, from this moment of 1746hr Wednesday – deliver to us the Angelic help we need and rejuvenate us to hang out just a little bit longer we hope (two weeks, right, Father? wink wink, nudge nudge)

While I know in the end, You will answer this prayer as You see fit and I pray You will deliver a message fitly spoken not just to me but to all who read this or even pray it for themselves, to receive clearly.

I pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

32 Likes

2 Corinthians 4: 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.”[b] Since we have that same spirit of[c] faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

19 Likes

Thank you for that beautiful prayer. Adding my amen and amen.

12 Likes

So sweetly said @Gold. You are a dear brother, and I am thankful for you, standing in agreement in prayer that the Lord will give us the power and strength we need to resist the enemy. This is Christ’s purpose for our trials is that we become unified in the Faith and love for one another.

Thank you for your prayer!

15 Likes

Amen.

10 Likes

Thank you @Gold. I have been so weary lately but in a diff way-hard to explain. I pray for those on this forum often, but some days………but God renews my strength and I get through one more day.

It is His word that sustains me

And I am so thankful to know that you and others are praying with understanding and posting scripture to keep me grounded. @dan

14 Likes

No need to explain as I bet I can figure it out lol. We’re all getting hit from different sides and some accept the attacks and let them keep coming, others fight the attacks with everything they can think of. Some start to get paranoid thinking everyone is out to get them and attack those trying to help too. So it’s all going on like we’ve never experienced before. Every trial we’ve gone through has led us to this point and we’re not going gentle into that good night.

18 Likes

Yes, thank you for the prayer and I agree with it and all that everyone has written. We are all so tired and weary and fighting our own battles
:butgod: is still in control and we trust in Him and His will for our lives. :pray: :pray: :pray:

15 Likes

A total YES to this prayer and the scripture passages and the comments….I’m so there. I know so many of us are.

~Trying to be Salt and Light, but the salt is clumped from tears and the light has a short in the fuse~ :grimacing:

15 Likes

i just keep reminding myself to be thankful for the little blessings because they’re really the big blessings. There are people in other parts of the world fighting hard battles alot worst than most of us are. i constantly thank God for His love :yellow_heart:

11 Likes

Amen, I do too, Stacey.:hibiscus:

9 Likes

Amen @Gold

29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings [Exodus 25:20; Ezekiel 10:5, Isaiah 6:2] like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40

14 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks @Gold You said what I don’t have the strength to.

9 Likes

Father in heaven let it be so. Hear this humble plea from your servants while we wait for your Son’s return.
Come Lord Jesus come, in your holy name we pray.

11 Likes

Dear sister, same with me. Well said. God bless you!

7 Likes

Dear Jon, brothers and sisters,
that the demonic activity is extremely strong is palpable. My unbelieving daughter has been living in my house since May after the breakdown of her relationship. I wish I had never done that! I am there for her, help her and she has nothing better to do than pour a hateful bucket of manure over my head once a week. Her face and eyes then change so much that you get the impression she is no longer herself. It is as if Satan has taken power over her. I am 71 years old and suffer like a dog from her attacks. I pray to the Lord for strength, patience and wisdom, but it makes me sick in the meantime. I have put all my hope in the Lord to take her away from here or to touch her heart and so I can only say Amen to your prayer, because the devil and his minions are loose. I feel like someone who is sinking in the mire and the more he pedals, the deeper he sinks. But I will not let go of the Lord Jesus and I firmly believe that he will pull me out of the mire with his strong hand.
Hold on, brothers and sisters, for our redemption is near.
The Lord bless you, Jon, and all who struggle and despair

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

14 Likes

Ohhh, God bless you, as well, @VickyBee. :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Believing this with you, Vicky. Sometimes the rescue comes in unexpected ways…Also praying for your daughter’s salvation, as I’m certain you do.

10 Likes

Amen! @Gold
Definitely feeling a ramp up of attacks in many parts of my life… marriage, relative’s marriages, family dynamics , health …….
And the “consumption of assumption leading to destruction”:
this has been a conviction put on me for awhile by the Lord and I’ve been trying to deal with it with His help. Making progress and interesting you mentioned it specifically.
Thank you for a prayer that it seems many of us can relate to.

11 Likes