Prayers feeling weary

Please say a prayer for me. I’m getting weary and just wanna go home to the Lord so bad. The scalp issue I had before has flared up again. I had alot of my hair cut not long ago. I sometimes wonder if God took it away from me cause I may have become too vain? I had long, curly hair that I loved and had it colored for many years. Now, its going gray cause I had to quit coloring it, and its shorter and I’ve lost alot of curl. I’m also having problems with all my gums receding bad and I have what’s called xanthelasmata, which is cholesterol deposits under my eyes that are very noticeable, it could be hereditary cause both parents have it but not as bad. Its not just these things but the evil we see every day in this world, and the daily struggles. It feels like things just keep piling on me. I feel like I’m not really living sometimes, I’m just occupying my time until I’m called home. I don’t know if thats what I should be doing.
I’m asking Jesus for peace, calmness in my heart, and comfort. How do I stop feeling anxiety? I trust God, believe in Him, know that He will never forsake me and I know anything we go through in this life will be worth it in Heaven. This battle over anxiety is one of the hardest. At the end of every day I say “That’s one more day closer to seeing you Jesus”. I love this forum, and all of you. I feel I can write about anything and never feel judged by any of you. Thats a blessing to me.

27 Likes

In my prayers for healing and a renewed mind. Hang in there.

6 Likes

While I will pray for you, we are all going through a lot right now. Why? Because we are extremely close to the Tribulation where things will be very hard for everyone, especially Christians as told by Jesus in Luke 21.

I thought that Luke 21:18 was interesting in light of your scalp problem. :thinking:

Luke 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Luke 21:9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
Luke 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.
Luke 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
Luke 21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
Luke 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
Luke 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
Luke 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.
Luke 21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
Luke 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

Again, I will pray for you but don’t despair, the rapture is just around the corner! :+1:

11 Likes

The lord sees your heart and will deliver you through your trials. I am a confirmed witness for Jesus of many of the persecutions @goodboy listed and the Lord has worked miracles in my life as he works all things for good. Letting go of this world and looking to the Lord. Keep on praising and singing because are God is amazing and his love for us is unbelievable. :blush: Praying for you.

8 Likes

Thank you. I’ve never seen so many suffering like i have lately. It tells me His return won’t be for much longer. The words “keep your eyes focused on Jesus” is on my mind alot.

8 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father

Please align LA’s worries with a transformative measure to peace and anxiety over worldly issues to calm in her heart and mind. Please bless her with the Spiritual Wisdom granted to all of us if only we ask. Please rejuvenate the Holy Spirit within her and help her mosey forward from this moment on without such concerns as she has had previously. Please speak to whatever is inside her that is harming her, every molecule of destruction to her head or gums and change it to helping her. Please correct her immune system and help her to learn (easily, I beg of You) to let go of her woes as she gives them to You in ways never thought of before.

Help her to see the world through a plexiglass partition (maybe bullet resistant would be better? Or that Pyrex glass is always good…maybe like 6 inches…no 6 feet thick? No that may magnify everything, let’s go with7 inches and call it good, please?) that helps calm her from the worries approaching her and allow her to laugh as she sees the menacing advancement of evil turn into a cute puppy or kitty that cannot harm her. Not that evil is cute, but that she won’t see it as something to worry about. And all the hardships she faces…please turn the overall aspect of them that she has anxiety over, into a field of her favorite flowers to enjoy instead of worry about.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

WARNING REALLY REALLY LONG

But hopefully worth it

LA, this may be a post that you feel you’re being judged by me, but I am not. And, in essence, I’m trying to help ya out with not only a prayer which I join you in my prayers nightly, but also perhaps one who is not in the exact same forest can help ya see a different direction to look. Your hair, you have expressed how much you love it, almost as such to say you “worship” it. Just as someone may “worship” a car, a house, clothes, job, bank account, etc. It may not take you away from your faith, but you spend time catering to it as though an idol. You made a choice to do what is thought as the right direction to fixing a problem and I think you made the right decision (doesn’t matter what I think, I know). I’m not believing God wants you to be bald and suddenly need to look like Vin Diesel’s muppet clone or anything like that. But perhaps it’s a “love note” for you not to focus so much on that but take all that effort and put it towards Him. Even if you’re focused on Him now, perhaps it’s a “Let it go and come back to your first love” message? I don’t know.

With THAT, perhaps God is giving you a moment to “choose” what’s more important? Sure that can be an avenue of thought. OR perhaps Satan is giving you afflictions or ailments just as he did Job to see how much it would take for you to turn from God? It’s an obvious possibility as well. In the overall aspect though, it IS something that bothers you quite a bit and it’s a sacrifice you’re having a hard time with. Who knows?! As much as it sounds like a shove off notion, if stress is giving you a number of problems health wise, you gotta work at “letting go”.

We’re all feeling it to one degree or another, and the pressure of all that stress is affecting all of us equally, yet differently. You? Hair and scalp and other health issues. Others, stress is attacking their body and immune system. Others, stress is building their level of annoyance into lashing out rage. And some are trying to get hired by the IRS. And THAT isn’t from God (probably the job at the IRS too). This is from the Devil and his minions trying to get us so flustered that we refuse or walk away from God and blame Him for our problems.

Well, living is a perspective that we all have to face based on our definition of what living is. Are we living for ourselves, the world, or Christ? Doesn’t mean you can’t get a vacay sometimes obviously, but perhaps the lifestyle we used to enjoy is no longer viable because we are being given moments to “let go” of this world little by little so when it’s time to leave (rapture or rupture) it’s not such a hard decision to make to leave. That’s how I process it anyway.

As someone said to me recently: “Let. It. Go.” How do you stop feeling anxiety, stop feeling anxious. It sounds like a cynical answer but it’s not and it sounds easy, because in this sense it is.

• Someone gets enraged at you on the road and wants to cut you off–instead of trying to get revenge, let them go.

• Someone decides to yell at you in a store, instead of trying to confront them and get the upper hand, let’s say, you smile and humble yourself and ask, “Anything else?” and say, “Yeah, I apologize, I see your point and you have a blessed day.” And walk away.

• You spill food or drink on someone or yourself - relax, it’s a new fashion trend till you get to the washer where you can do whatever you have to to clean the stain. No big deal (or, tell the person how to clean the stain when they get home.)

• Someone takes the last Nestle’s Crunch Bar…well, okay that’s the time to really unload and beat them to a pulp…what? No? Fiiiiiine just let that go too. I wanted a twinkie anyway!

• Your health and finances are on the brink of collapsing the last thread of humanity you may have–stop focusing on the problems, stop focusing on “What if” or “How come” and let go of your worry about the problem. Talk to God about what you’re going through, go back to the most basic practice in life – breathing. BREATHE and calm yourself.

You know how when you take in deep breaths and you do so fairly quickly you get that sense of light headed and dizzy? Well, in a sense that’s you overreaching that state of euphoria. Kinda like when you get oxygen and inhale deeply, you’ll get that sense of euphoria. I guess it would kind of be like getting stoned for some. The point is, you breathe deep and calm yourself as you talk to God about your problems, just like you would verbally talk to us (at least that’s how I talk to Him. Doesn’t mean it’s the only way, but you get my point) and just like sharing with let’s say, us, you get the same feeling from Him when you talk to Him about all this that’s going on in your world. It’s futile to fight and resist the inevitable. And so too is fighting as we humanly do with one another over various things. Instead of trying to fight for your pride, for instance, become humble. Instead of always having to be right or have the last word, allow yourself to agree with a new perspective or be silent. Does that make sense?

Now, I will admit for myself, it doesn’t always work and I’m too unnerved about something, so I have to resort to talking to people to calm me down and THEN I can talk to God, which should be the other way around but as long as I finally get to where I need to be.

The question I would ask you and I know it’s not the primary culprit to your woes and ailments, but I would ask you, “Is worrying and stressing over all your problems helping you any? Drop them off at God’s feet and don’t take back the things you give Him to worry about for you.” Sometimes easier said than done. Sometimes it’s not the problem either.

As brethren we are not to measure one another from one hardship to one praiseworthy event. We’re all going through something and needing someone to pray for us. We don’t need to harp on each other or judge one another whether from our past or our present, if it’s not to correct and educate to help further one’s walk. I hope even after reading all this, you don’t feel judged because I for certain cannot judge you and am not.

But letting go of all those feelings of anxiety, or anger, or beleaguered feelings, or fear or languishing moments or panic or being overwhelmed – we gotta just throw up our hands and say “That’s it…not putting up with it!” and we hand over those boxes of problems to God and say, “Please, Father, will You fix this for me please? I can’t do it.”

Lastly, and I think I can better explain this using something you and I know something about. You know how you create a masterpiece and REALLY love it? Like you don’t want to let it go after you made it? But you can tell someone else enjoys it (okay, they’re also willing to pay the price tag for it), you smile and hand it to them and you “let go” of that need to hold on to something so near and dear to you. THAT is how you let go of anxiety. (If only I came to the revelation to word it like that earlier).

8 Likes

Thank you Jon. I had to have some time to think over all of this and i spent the past 2 hours talking to God and praying. I wore the floor out i think (I’m a pacer when i talk).
When i said I’m not really living sometimes, i meant i don’t find much enjoyable anymore. I use to love the outdoors, but the heat doesn’t really go good with me anymore and physically I’m not able to do alot like i use to.
The examples you gave about letting go, well i can tell you that I’ve dealt with some of those. I use to get so mad when someone cut me off while driving or whatever. There were times I’d speed up and get behind them and tail them or if they’d tail me I’d hit my brakes or spray my wiper fluid. I don’t do that anymore.
I never thought i was a worrier until all of this started with my scalp etc. My husband even said I’m not one that worried much. I mean theres been times driving on a 4 lane highway and my husband have a seizure in the car, and he’d try to get out of the car while i was driving. But every time we get in the car i never think “what if he has a seizure!”
I can relate to JD about his struggles with worrying and anxiety. My dad was a worrier and mom has battled with depression throughout her life. I wanna learn how to let something go and never let it enter my mind again. Its my biggest struggle at least one of them.

4 Likes

Yup, I gathered. I don’t enjoy much about life anymore on this planet. I enjoy seeing the outdoors…of the house i.e. the yard, or even watching traffic pass by at 0530hr through the window. I like watching the clouds…you get the idea.

HEAT and HUMIDITY and BUGS! I’m SO with you! I can’t stand it anymore. I can’t even breathe outside when it gets a certain temp and a certain degree of humidity which sounds like a ‘duh’ moment, but for me it doesn’t as much as it does others. I’ll stay in front of a fan on high instead.

And the worrying.

I’m guessing the chocolate bar fiasco never came up…why am I always the only one on that one?

But you have said you used to not worry much and from your account, you must’ve had nerves of steel. This kinda brings everything to a head if you will and suggests that obviously something recent has triggered it and well, that one is outta my wheelhouse if you will, but I think that Satan has done to you what he’s done to many. He poked the bear to the point of compiling everything at once and it’s too much. You reached your breaking point.

Oh yeah, that reminds me…

I do the prayer pacing too! I have this space in the kitchen I walk around on when I pray at night. Helps me maintain focus (and remember what I’m doing lol).

I have a question for ya. And this really doesn’t exactly bear down on your dilemma but it might as time goes on. Have you ever read the “Book of Five Rings”? It’s an extremely small book that fits in your palm. It is about military science. It doesn’t sound like it correlates with your worry and anxiety, BUT…it might be something that helps you on your path to enlightenment with regards to “letting go” as I talked about. In the event you have a problem with the process that works for you.

The backstory to reading the book is that Japanese executives are required to read it before taking their position. Helps with decision-making and that sort of thing. Takes military science and helps you to kinda put it into perspective of your own life. I found it pretty useful when I first read it to “let go” of certain things and not let emotion always get in the way. It really helped me to calm my mind and heart a lot when talking to God too. I should utilize the knowledge more lol.

3 Likes

Here’s my story… when i was 25, i had a severe case of shingles. I was on meds that were fairly new and got in the sun one day and got sun poisoned, it was horrible. At 30, i was diagnosed with endometriosis, also horrible, had it for many years. Then i was told i had haglunds deformity in both feet. I couldn’t hardly walk at times for the pain and could only wear backless shoes. I got extremely sick once and had to see 3 different drs, told i probably had behcets disease. And i was diagnosed with HS (recurrent boils). Theres been numerous other lesser important things in between but nearly everything i was diagnosed with i was told theres no cure. And i took every one of them with “meh whatever” and never let them bother me. In fact there were times i just laughed about it.
I was driving to pick my husband up earlier, i thought of this. And i realized the eczema or whatever is on my scalp i can’t see it so therefore every time it itches or burns my mind automatically starts thinking “oh no its back, its getting worse, is it spreading?” And that causes me anxiety. The receding gums, eyes and scalp all started around the same time. It has been overwhelming. And i have asked many times if I’m being afflicted by satan.

3 Likes

I haven’t read that book but sounds like I should…

2 Likes

Not to sound rude, but having this backaccount (I hate using story), makes a lot more sense and gives a heck of a stronger perspective towards why this is as important as it is to you. I actually hope your revealing this account was a nudge from God to do it so people like myself can understand better other than just snippets as such of your life. So, we go from “worship” of hair, to a far greater understand the worry you have for it. It’s no longer able to be viewed as “worship” but rather concern of a spread of some condition.

SO, with that said, I apologize for the mentality I carried with my previous post. With what you shared and I’m not saying I’m right, but in a sense, it would be nice to be that all these things that you’re coming down with? All this afflictions and ailments DOES sound like Job more and more.

And for me, I pray I haven’t sounded like one of his three friends…certainly not his wife.

So let me ask you, looking back at your past, how did you have the “meh whatever” attitude? How did you reach that mentality to laugh about it from time to time?

Perhaps the answer to that question is the answer to how not to be anxious over your current situations? I would be in prayerful hope it would deliver the answer to ya.

And, I don’t think I’ve said it yet, but I thank you for interjecting and sharing this part of your past to better understand your present. It helps a lot and I’ll work to remember this.

2 Likes

No no, no need to apology at all! I was having a talk with God in my car and the thought came to me WHY it gives me anxiety when really nothing else did. Thats really the first time i thought of that. And as for why i had the outlook of “whatever” and just laughed about it with other diagnosis’ Its because I’ve had diagnosis’ that nobody else has ever heard of around me or that even anyone else has that we know of. So in a sense me and husband just kinda laughed it off saying I’m one of a kind. But all of those diagnosis’ i could see, except the endometriosis which kept getting better and I’ve been symptom free for a few years now.
Thank you my friend for being patient with me, and understanding. I’m not the best at articulating what i want to say or say the right words sometimes. I tell God sometimes I’m not the best at expressing my words. I mess them up, get tongue tied, use the wrong words sometimes, and mix up the sentences lol.

I’m more of an orderly than a patient…lol get it? Or…derly…pati…ent…docto….nevermind. Moving ahead now! Something told me to slow my row and I’m glad I started to listen.

Everyone has that moment, I call my moments ‘today’.

I think about 98% of us on here do that and maybe 2% refuse to admit it lol.

3 Likes

I fully acknowledge it, admit and announce it to all lol.

1 Like

If it’s any encouragement, we know persecution of many kinds and even possibly specific to an individual Christian will increase the closer we get to our Lord’s return.
I’ll add that personally, there are way more fiery darts being lobbed at me. Some days I just cry, and even yell that I don’t want to be on this earth any more. Then I refocus my thinking, pray, read the Bible and I’m good again until like the shampooing instructions say “repeat”……
It’s like a living in a Christian version of the movie “ Groundhog Day” because, “ here we go again”

BUT one day we’ll wake up in heaven though. That’s what keeps me plugging along.

8 Likes

Praying in agreement for you, @LA , with others here, but no time now to read the REALLY REALLY LONG part of the post by @Jon.

6 Likes

Yes! Thats what it feels like. Some days are hard to get out of bed. But like i said, every evening i say “thats one more day closer to seeing you Jesus”.
Every christian i know right now is going thru something and honestly mine feels so small compared to others i know. I have a pastor friend who is on oxygen right now and yet he asks me how I’m doing all the time. I want to be like that.

6 Likes

Thank you :blush: i appreciate it.

2 Likes

Who ever does? :rofl: You’re not alone

2 Likes

Maybe sometimes no-one :butgod: reads the entirety.

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Heb 4.13.

2 Likes