Prayers for eastern Kentucky, catastrophic flooding

I live in eastern ky, and me and my family are ok but there has been historic catastrophic flooding in several counties here. They’re expecting the death toll to rise. My heart is broken cause i know these towns so well. Theres been a foot of rain that fell and more heavy rain is coming tonight. Please pray for us.

32 Likes

Praying for you all in eastern Kentucky. Flooding is a scary thing. We’ve had that rain here in WV too since Monday, and flash flood warning until tomorrow. God bless you and keep you safe.

9 Likes

Did it get bad in WVA last night to? I know those storms were going that way last night.

3 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father

Please dissolve and dissipate these storms falling upon the southern United States and other areas which have or are flooding. Should it be Your will, I beg You to deliver such rainfall to fire laden areas in this country, and others. I beg You if it be Your will these areas still receive rain, let it come gently, yet swiftly through.

You have provided numerous wonderful and miraculous evidences of answering such prayers and I thank you for Your grace and mercy in such times. I know we as a whole do not deserve any blessings You deliver us, and sometimes we ignore the fact of such blessings with ignorance and sometimes arrogance. I beg You, Father, to bless Your children affected so greatly with a transformation of their devastation into restoration. Please transform the worries of all victims into overwhelming calm.

Please, allow such mercy upon those affected by these floods to represent how important it is to have You in our lives as many of us try to depict to the world around us. We pray that this moment of wonderment of grace in receiving our cries would open the eyes of the lost to the Truth of Jesus and You’re still hearing Your children’s pleas not just for themselves, but for those who know not what they do as well.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

11 Likes

Yes, it got bad. The governor declared a state of emergency in 6 counties - one of them borders my county, but I’m way up on top of a mountain. I just heard on the radio that Hazard is getting hit pretty hard (I have some fond memories of time spent in Hazard in my much younger days). Also heard there have been 3 deaths reported. So sad, and still praying for y’all. Sure would be nice to send this rain to California. You take care now.

8 Likes

LA,

Tho we expect these tragic disasters to become more frequent as the moment of our rescue rapidly approaches, nothing can prepare our hearts for the sorrow they bring.

We do know that Jesus has the power to direct and control all things including quieting storms, stopping winds and preventing any disaster as we’ve read in His Word.
Heavenly Father, we come together in Jesus’ precious name for You to display Your mercy…PLEASE protect Your children while we await the day when we will become HIS bride.

9 Likes

There are now 8 confirmed deaths. Yes Hazard and Hindman got hit very hard. I’ve been hearing helicopters all day. The rivers are now rising and causing flooding in other areas now.

5 Likes

Not good. Are you still in a safe area? Keep us posted. God bless. Still praying for everyone in harm’s way.

4 Likes

Yeah we’re ok here. But they’re giving up to 3 more inches tonight.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of rain! I’ve been watching the news. We’re expecting heavy rain tonight. We have a little respite now. Not sure where this picture is in Kentucky, but it looks absolutely devastating.

6 Likes

Prayers for Kentucky

9 Likes

Need fervent prayers! Jackson ky, where i went to college is being evacuated asap due to a dam getting ready to break. A little town near me is also being evacuated.

9 Likes

Do you need to evacuate? Do you have somewhere to go? Still praying and praying.

5 Likes

Oh LA, I’m so sorry your community is going through more troubles. I’m sorry for all the animals and people who are suffering and dying because of the flooding. I pray the evacuations are quick and thorough. And I join my heart and voice with all the prayers that have been offered and that will be offered during this dark night.

Father God,
We come to you knowing that You control everything. And we ask for You to control this situation, please. Let the storms stop, let the dam hold, and make the sun shine tomorrow. Thank You for being with everyone in the path of these storms. Please let those who must die, die quickly. If they are humans, please open their hearts to trust You before they take their last breath. If they are animals, please have mercy and let them die as quickly and painlessly as possible. And Father hold those who will survive in Your mighty arms, especially tonight. Give them comfort and whatever they need to survive and then recover from these storms.

Father, when tomorrow comes, please be with all the first responders; keep them safe as they help others. Please make the sun shine brightly, drying up the land. Please send resources to the areas affected by this tragedy. And last, but not least, let this situation be used to bring the unsaved to salvation and to bring glory to Your holy Name. In the Name of Your only begotten Son Yeshua, our Kinsman-Redeemer we pray and praise You. Amen.

9 Likes

No I’m fine here, its like it hit all around us.

8 Likes

Dear Lord ,

I Praying in agreement with
the prayers brought to you
Jesus . We ask for safety
tonight . We ask you protect
the people and get them to safety .
We ask this in Jesus name
amen

7 Likes

Praise Jesus! It was a relief to read this. So many here praying for y’all. I’ll stop worrying now and go back to sleep. God bless and good night.

4 Likes

@LA
[Flooding]

Mercy!

Growing up there, I well remember “The Great Flood of 77” and it was devastating but we all pitched in to help our brothers and sisters. Flooding is a definite hazard in KY and my heart goes out to all affected.

~ :pray:t3:~

5 Likes

Thats the good thing about these hills and hollers, we do come together and take care of our own.
Today 4 little children were recovered. Death toll is now 19. I know i have seen countless posts on facebook where people are looking for loved ones. Theres alot still missing. I pray these people will be found safe. Thank you for the prayers. The dam in jackson didn’t break, thank God for answering those prayers. The North Fork Kentucky River there beat the all time record set in 1930s.

8 Likes

LA
I’m sorry your community has been through so much lately.
I pray that people will continue to pull together and turn to the Lord.

8 Likes