Prayers for my Dad

I’m new here and apologize for asking for a favor right away, but I would appreciate prayers for my dad. He is currently in the hospital with covid in both lungs and needs surgery on his leg. They can’t do the surgery until he recovers from the covid. The doctors are telling me his situation doesn’t look good and is requiring a good bit of oxygen. We need a miracle that only the Lord can provide. Please remember my father in your prayers and ask the Lord to bring him out of this and bring him home. It’s not over until the Lord Jesus says it is. Thanks in advance to all of you for this.

Duane.

31 Likes

Welcome to the forum! No need to apologize for asking for prayer. You came to the right place.
I’m so sorry that you and your dad are going through a tough situation.

Lord, I lift up Duane’s dad you. We ask that You bring healing from covid and be with him during the surgery to come. Duane is right- You are in charge here and we submit to Your will.
May Duane feel Your presence as You bring comfort and wisdom during this difficult time.
In Jesus’ name, amen.

13 Likes

@Duanem No need apologize. Welcome to the forum! As brethren we’re here to help one another grow in our knowledge, advance our walk with Christ AND pick each other up when we’re hit, stumble, or deal with trials and attacks. Think of us as the Ace Hardware or Followers of Christ (yeah that didn’t come out as snazzy as it was in my head).

Loving Heavenly Father

Please pluck from Duane’s dad that which ails him. Please invigorate his immune system to compensate and attack what has taken a toll on his lungs. Please bless both Duane and his dad with peace and calm in their hearts and minds as they deal with this infection and virus. Please heal Duane’s dad’s leg in the process and guide the medical staff to the answers and solutions they need to provide Duane and his dad the comfort and confidence in their abilities.

Please bless the medical staff with laser-like focus as we ask you to pierce their hearts with the Godly love only You provide us. Fill their hearts to overflowing with the generosity of Your talents and skills you’ve blessed medical staff with. Have them see these two as people and not statistics and numbers or a cash cow.

Please protect both from those not of You, LORD and please place their guardian angels in perfect position to ward off evil, torment, and negativity in these times.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

13 Likes

Thank you.

6 Likes

Lord Jesus Christ please be with Chuck, my father. Please bring him back from this infection. Command his lungs to heal, to respond to the treatments, and get him off of the need for oxygen. Heal the scaring from covid in his lungs and bring him through this. Allow his doctors to aid in bringing him out of this. Grant him strength and resolve to keep fighting. Be in him and heal him and ward off the evil that caused this affliction. Guide our lives and help us to do your will. Lord there is not one single thing that isn’t in your power and control including this situation. We trust you and in the name of Jesus we pray, believing it’s done, Amen.

12 Likes

I will be praying for your father and that he will be healed from Covid and that he will have the surgery which will be successful. I will also be praying for you during this time because I know how tough it is to have a parent going through sickness and surgery.

8 Likes

Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Dear Jesus ,
we place his dad in your care
we ask for healing and we pray
in agreement with the prayers
for him . We ask you give
comfort to Duadem and
his family . we ask this in
your name Jesus Christ
amen

7 Likes

Praying for your dear father

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Duane. Praying for your Dad’s full recovery and return home :pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

Amen,

4 Likes

Many thanks to for everyone for the prayers. I do have some good news to share. The ICU doctor called and said things took an unexpected turn for the better overnight. My dad is recovering and they have almost completely taken him off the oxygen at this point. The doctors just yesterday weren’t expecting my dad to make it long term, and today it’s a complete turn around. That’s the Lords work for sure! He only requires minimum low flow oxygen support at this point and they are scheduling him for the leg surgery early next week! The prayers are working and please keep them coming. All praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ.

17 Likes

Oh, praise the Lord! Such wonderful news.

9 Likes

Another update. My dad is being moved from the ICU to regular hospital care. His condition is continuing to improve! Thanks for the prayers and please continue to pray for us.

15 Likes

Absolutely. The Lord’s timing is perfect. He’s never late, but never early either. That’s why we need to lean on his understanding of things and not our own. Sometimes it’s not easy to hand things over to him and not worry, but he always comes through. Even if it’s not in a way that we want, he always sees the bigger picture which often isn’t what we see. He’s in control either way and always works in our best interest. My father and I had a revival just a few months ago and got saved. Now I see why the Lord was working in us the way he was. He knew what was coming and was preparing us. Praise be to him!

11 Likes

Praise Jesus ,
just wow , God is so good . What
a great testimony dear brother .

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life .

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

10 Likes

Praying for your dad and family :pray:

8 Likes

Thank You Lord!

5 Likes

Amen! Welcome to the forum Duane. So glad to hear of your dads turn around, praise God! Still praying this continues till he is all healed and home with you. :heart: :pray: :pray: :pray:

7 Likes

Lifted up you father in prayer.
I :pray: for him and for your strength.
God bless you…

4 Likes