Prayers for questions over my exemption

Hi @Gloriamaria,

You expertly answered your own question within the question :]

With 1 Timothy 2:5, @TBFL / Thomas rightfully confirms what is in the bible, which is the Word of God and the plumb line of Truth and sound doctrine.

The regrettably errant concept of praying to “saints” or that they can somehow intercede for us is not only unsupported by the Word of God it is actually contradicted.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Romans 8:26-27

Even the saints required assistance in prayer from the Holy Spirit demonstrating that they are no more qualified, capable or authoritative in petitioning the throne of God than anyone who has received the (Holy) Spirit of Adoption through faith in Christ (Romans 8:15).

Hence why we are encouraged to be…

18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Ephesians 6:18

Note the Word of God reads “supplication for all the saints—” and not “to/through/via/with”.

As for ‘saint of the impossible’…

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

Mark 10:27

Hope some of this may be useful to you Gloriamaria - I’m very glad to read that you pray directly to Jesus Christ for He directly died for our sins and ascended to sit at the right hand of God the Father as High Priest forever (Hebrews 8) and He alone is worthy of our full praise and direct prayer.

In Christ

10 Likes

Hi Jason, I appreciate your time to help me understand. I read it all and I now know.
It all makes sense to me now. Thank you again for your time and being so helpful!!!

10 Likes

@Gloriamaria Have you been born again? The reason I ask is that as a Catholic, I did not know true Biblical salvation. The Church taught me about Jesus, but they taught me about a Jesus who was still on the cross (all Catholic churches have Jesus still on the cross), about a Jesus who requires us to do good works for him, and Jesus that requires mediation from Mary and Priests.

4 Likes

Hi Thomas. I actually do not know anything about “Born Again”

1 Like

@Gloriamaria Jesus tells Nicodemus in John Chapter 3 that he must be “born again” to enter into the Kingdom of God. Specifically Jesus says we must be born of the Spirit. In verse 16, Jesus further explains that to become born again, one must in Him. Just believe? Even the demons do that. What must you believe…the gospel as outlined in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4…Jesus was the son of God who died to pay the penalty of our sins, He was buried and rose on the 3rd day. The gospel tells us we must recognize we are sinners and believe on Jesus as the one who paid the penalty of our sin, which is Hell. Ephesians 2:8-9 makes it clear that we are saved by grace through faith NOT OF WORKS…not baptism, not communion, not going to mass, not confession, not because Priest says so, not because we give to the poor, not because we visit the sin. God makes it very clear that our very best righteousness and good works is still like filthy rags to him, and if we are relying on our performance for salvation whatsoever, then we are headed to Hell. As such, Romans 10:9-13 says that anyone that believes and calls upon the Lord Jesus Christ to save him…he will be saved. What a promise! Ephesians 1:12-14 says that if you believe this message and accept the free gift of salvation, Jesus sends the Holy Spirit into you and you are sealed and saved forever! That is being born again and it is a free gift to anyone that will just accept it.

3 Likes

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten [birthed/born] us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:3

In Christ

6 Likes

Oh my gosh from what I read it seems like I am born again!!!
What about confession and receiving the host? I can’t really find a non political church or priest here
that has confession on a regular basis. Have to make an appointment here.

6 Likes

@Gloriamaria That is awesome to hear! The angels in heaven are rejoicing as well as all of us here on this board. 1 John 1:9 tells us to confess our sins to Jesus and he will restore our fellowship with him. Confession to a priest is not Biblical - confession must be to Jesus. And 1 John 1:8 makes it clear that we all sin. Please keep in mind that that day you became saved, all your sins (past, present, and future) have been forgiven in terms of the penalty of going to Hell. The confession is restore our fellowship. I have been out of fellowship, and it was the most miserable experience of my life. In terms of the host/communion, the Bible tells us to remember Jesus’ death and His return by taking communion. However, the Catholics believe they are re-sacrificing Jesus each time they have the mass when the Bible makes it clear that Jesus’ death on the cross was sufficient and no further sacrifice is needed. I didn’t realize that as a Catholic, but that is what is in the catechism. It’s like saying, hey Jesus what you did at Calvary wasn’t enough. The Catholics believe that the bread becomes the actual body of Christ and the wine becomes His blood. But, again, the Bible warns both in the Old Testament and New Testament that we should NOT drink any blood. So again not biblical.

6 Likes

Thank you again Thomas as what you explained is what I needed to know.
Being brought up Catholic you do understand why I am confused. We were
always told we must go to confession and must receive Holy Communion.

The Bible says we can confess our sins to Jesus. I have a cousin who told me that too.
I am new at all this is and just want to find the truth. I sometimes read the Bible
but it’s difficult for me to understand. You are very helpful and truly appreciate it.

6 Likes

Find a good Bible-based church in your area and plug in. Also get a good reference Bible which has some notes in it. The Holy Spirit is really the one who teaches you scripture. And I am still learning it…it is a process. Here is a great reference Bible…it is in King James language which has some words that can be hard

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/product/economy-ruckman-reference-bible/

If you go to the NTEB website, there is a tab on the top labeled “news categories.” If you hover over it, you will see a link for “Catholic Church” where there is extensive writing on Catholic Church and its anti-Biblical beliefs. This site also has live Bible study every Sun & Wed night with a live chat where you can ask questions, etc.

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/

Please also check out these videos on the Catholic faith (Dave Hunt Woman Rides the Beast, Real HIstory of Catholic Church, & Jesus vs Tammuz):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IveuLXtUMkk

The Real History of the Roman Catholic Church - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZyABKBMULo

No matter where you are in your walk, it always was and always has been about was Jesus has already done and putting your faith in Him to bring you home to heaven. We die to ourselves and allow the Holy Spirit to work. There are days when I feel invincible as a Christian and other days where all I can do is cry out to Jesus.

5 Likes

Thank you for your prayers! My exemption was accepted today! Praise God!

10 Likes

Answered prayers!!!

3 Likes

Wow! Praise God! Hallelujah! I submitted mine today. Gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Will be praying for you! I work at a healthcare facility so it was questionable which way they would go with this especially since there was a rumor going around that no exemptions would be accepted. It took them a couple weeks to make a decision. I’m pretty sure they sent what I submitted to their attorney along with notes from our verbal conversation about it.

2 Likes

Amen & Hallelujah :raised_hands:
Great news!

Our King of King and Lord of Lords is Working through is faithful Followers!

2 Likes

Welcome, Thomas has given you some Blessed guidance. God Bless you as you grow in your faith

2 Likes

I forgot to say that if anyone is currently preparing their religious exemption, I would be more than willing to share mine with you. I did submit a letter from a pastor and also drafted up my own personal statement.

4 Likes

My prayer goes out to you and all the believers who are facing the same scenario. My daughter was given a memo from her job that she must get the jab, or lose your job. So evil, I never thought I would see anything like this, they are getting the world ready for the real deal. The Mark or your life. Come quickly Lord. Please!

5 Likes

I will be praying for you and everyone else in this position. I have to submit my exemption by 11/8 -
God is for us!

7 Likes

I hear you. I will pray for you.

The jab is in my school now. They want our children to get the jab 12-17 years old with comorbidity. They want to give the shots first to those with asthma.

God help us all.

3 Likes