Recommendations needed

Hi everyone,
These few months hasn’t been great for me and my relationship with God as ive been very wordly and hardly reading Gods word.
Honestly i am quite surprised how easy it is to loose yourself, anyway currently im trying to fulfill a void with things that will never fulfill them , finding comfort in wordly music while feeling nostalgic, dreaming of love etc.
The distraction started as being innocent and gradually engulfed me . I miss who I was when I was rooted in the vine and I need new worship music
Please I need new recommendations for new worship music , I need to praise God with my workouts, my studies and my devotion again.

8 Likes

There is a thread on here that has what you are looking for and people that can help you I am sure.
Beautiful worship songs - Social Well - JD Farag Bible Prophecy Forum

4 Likes

Ahhh thank you sorry i havent been on here for a while so im unfamiliar​:smiling_face_with_tear::sob:

2 Likes

Read the bible - study the bible - engage in a bible study - every day - use chuck Misslers bible studies- Dr
Andy woods has excellent studies

3 Likes

Maybe start with a good read of the Gospel of John. Take your time and soak it in. And go from there. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I can’t help you with music. I don’t really have any interest in much that people call music anymore. I used to enjoy (and play) old hymns but seldom hear those anywhere. (I’ll refrain from further comments that will step on the toes of others.)

3 Likes

Consulted with my teacher Paul and he suggested that,
1 Tim. 4:8 Amp.

" For physical training is of some value, but godliness (spiritual training) is of value in everything and in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and for the life to come. "
Doc :weight_lifting_man:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone I really appreciate and will play that at :heart:

1 Like

If you begin thinking of Jesus as your very best friend in the world then it should become second nature to have a continual dialogue with HIM throughout each and every day. If you seek HIM with your entire heart, you’ll soon feel comforted and at peace with all that you experience.

After all…HE IS ALL THERE IS AND ALL THAT MATTERS!

4 Likes

Yes exactly,

2 Likes

We all go through moments and times of distraction in our daily lives. It is easy to let the world in without realizing how much space it has taken up in your life! The one answer for me was to just say the name of Jesus! Even when I didn’t feel like it; even when I didn’t even want to, I CHOSE to say His Name…there is Power in the Name of Jesus! Something stirs in our hearts when we just say His name! So you might want to start small…“Jesus”…“Jesus”…and the Holy Spirit will begin to guide and lead and direct you once again into the beautiful fellowship you desire with the Lord. My favorite verse found in Romans 12:2 are such a Help to me! " And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Renew your mind in talking to Him, praising Him however you do that - by word or through worshipful music…and don’t worry about being on a rigid schedule! Just keep running the race!

2 Likes