September 11, 2022 - 1 Peter 2 - When I’m Spiritually Sick

:bible2: When I’m Spiritually Sick – 1 Peter 2:1

:hawaiianshirt_1: Pastor JD talks about our spiritual health and what it is that we can do when we’re spiritually sick.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: 1 Peter Video List: Here

10 Likes

7 Likes

Been a while since I shared my notes. :nerd_face:

1. Get rid of the junk
    • malice - wishing suffering on another
    • deceit - lies, omission
    • hypocrisy - doing what you tell or expect others not to or vice versa
    • envy - wishing those who have something you want to not have it
    • slander/gossip - speaking ill of another
  2. Replace it with pure cravings
    • Word of God
    • pray
    • Philippians 4:8
  3. Develop a taste for the Lord
    • junk won’t taste so good anymore
    • when you’re filled with the Word of God you won’t crave the worldly
    • you will find you crave the Lord
17 Likes

Thank you, Pastor JD, for this teaching. . . And all the others! Grateful for those notes @Twi! I’ve been having a bear of a time with disciplining myself to pray and read the Word. Every day I’m hauling out a boatload of junk on a daily basis!! Mostly anxious thoughts, nagging “what ifs,” and an all consuming question centered on what to DO as daily we hear another “bombshell” about something!

And then there is the Word that comes . . . Yesterday it was about Noah. Knowing what was coming, he prepared. Today I processed 25 pounds of carrots to store away. At the end of a long day in the kitchen with my carrots, I wondered again, “What does “preparing” look like when you know your time is short? Is this all just a waste of time? I’d prayed for direction and felt strongly that I should buy that 50 lb bag of carrots and put them away for winter, but having followed halfway through I wondered again about what I would do if I knew I only had months or weeks to live. . . And processing 25 pounds of carrots wouldn’t make the list! Then I think “I should be banging down doors and screaming from the rooftops that JESUS IS COMING!! I should be spending everyday, many hours of the day, fasting and praying and weeping.”

Seems I just go round and round wondering if I’m really understanding WHY I’m here at such a time as this, and HOW am I supposed to be spending the moments of these precious last days. HOW am I to prepare? . . For WHAT am I to prepare? . . I feel like I’m going crazy sometimes!! Tonight, overwhelmed again by the flood of information, THIS verse came to mind . . .

I’m hauling my junk to the curb once again and clinging to this . . . Our deliverer is coming! Our rescue is coming!
Just give me Jesus!

8 Likes

Brenda,
You articulate so well my journey and my musings.
For the first time ever I have a bevy of a pantry. I DO as I am led. It is impossible to stockpile to the gills; in so doing it would be out of fear and lack of the HS’s leading.
We Pray and DO and Rest in Him. Martha never got the memo but Mary did.
These are anxious days to be sure - but, we rest in His abiding care. Personally, I can only take so much input. I only review a fraction of all the goings on.
Peace comes in prayer over my long laundry list to Jesus.
It seems we all have different gifts and have not felt led to proclaim His Kingdom on roof tops and street corners. I do marvel at those that have the gift.
Interestingly, I know that some/ most of what isI stored away is for others, left behind. I often find myself in my pantry praying for that lost soul(s).
I am compelled to leave a Bible in the pantry with a letter.
Thank you @Twi for your notes. Lots to work on!
Looks like Taco Bell and Falafel are Pastor JD’s love language. I do have an extra can of baba ganoush I can spare from my pantry. :star_struck:

Amen Sister - I’ll meet you on the roof tops!

8 Likes

Lavender . . . A favorite of mine . . . In the language of flowers it signifies “devotion,”. . . I’ve no doubt that you’ll be blessed for your devotion to the Lord. Thank you for your wonderful message which was an encouragement to me! PRAY. DO. And REST. Perfect. :pray:t3::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you Brenda for your kind words.
You are a sweetheart of gal and bless me so much by your honest posts and inquiries.
The Lord is so rich in mercy - He is sure to help us in ALL situations.
BTW: Carrots make a great base for soup. :grin: :grin:

3 Likes