Share our hobbies, crafts, artwork, etc

I love looking through this topic! Our Creator God has us creating in so many, many ways.
I create simple things, as a rule of thumb. I made my own slip covering out of painter’s drop cloth. The rest of the photos show macrame and crochet and one knitted item. Crochet goes so much faster.

16 Likes

Definitely a gift, @LadyRebekahOfMomALot !

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is beautiful!!..I love how you think about the broken pieces :heart: I think it’s in Japan where they repair broken pottery or vases with liquid gold…making the newly placed veins of gold the most beautiful part of the vessel…Reminds me that in all of our pain, God repairs us and makes us more like His Son :heart: Btw, your yard is so pretty!

6 Likes

Sorry Violet, but I just had to peek at your deleted post!..your paintings are amazing!! I’ve never been able to paint animals very well…yours are beautiful!..please repost them!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Content removed by author

14 Likes

@Violet, I also noticed that these were missing, now. You do lovely, lovely work! I hope that you will repost them, also. God gave us these gifts, and it is also nice to see how we each “break away” from the heaviness in life, these days.

3 Likes

That’s great, I wish I had more of skill to build stuff. I get finding your “Happy Place” though. Some might call it a midlife crises but the way this world is, finding and collecting things from my childhood helps. It Reminds me of simpler times, innocent times, before I grew up and my mind was filled with the reality of all the garbage and evil that is in this world.

4 Likes

Thank you :heart: I’ve got so many paintings and haven’t ever tried to sell them…so getting some feedback is nice. I hope I can make I little money selling them when my job gone. Painting on barn board is fun because you don’t have to come up with a background…that has always been difficult for me. But, the rough wood really tears up your brushes!

3 Likes

Yes!! Please post any of your crafts or artwork!! This is fun!..& something’s besides the ever looming shot! Lol

2 Likes

I love your crocheted animal hat! My daughter in law crochets everything she sees!..but, she is getting some hand issues from overuse! … she made everyone the cutest crocheted slippers for Christmas two years ago. I will try to post some of her creations. Looks like you have many talents! Making things or painting cheers me up…I turn on sermons, paint & forget this messed up world for a while :heart:

2 Likes

Love love love all of them!! Wow. That couch throw is so pretty. I’ve tried macrame, but it frustrates me to try & guess the right lengths to start with. Did you have a pattern for the animals? So cute :heart:

2 Likes

Oh dear @becky :hushed: this is awesome. I would like to sit at this beautiful table with you. What a peaceful place this must be. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

@1jewel Beautiful :smiley: I love the bird. You’re very talented. :bouquet:

3 Likes

Thank you :)…no, I’ve never even painted a tree of any kind that I can remember! Mostly, I like to find barn wood to paint on…I’ve been run out of old barns before :D…but usually, If I ask first, old farmers will let me take some wood if their barns are falling down :slight_smile: Here are some other ones…I have a few on canvas & can usually find frames at thrift stores for them.

24 Likes

@1jewel
Incredible work!!
You are very talented!
God given!
Wow!!!

3 Likes

Aw, thank you, @1jewel. Yes, measure yards of lengths so that you don’t end up short. The hanging in the window was with 4 yards each of cotton clothesline cord. Found the pattern demo on Youtube. The animals and doll—yes, I need patterns and am amazed at those who create patterns of their own.

3 Likes

Becky, can you make flower pots with the broken tile?

1 Like

@1jewel, the barn wood is the perfect canvas! I love your subjects…
especially cardinals.

2 Likes

@BayouBushi
Wow thats amazing , you are very talented
and you are creative !!!’

3 Likes

Hi Jewel ,
your art is beautiful and i love the colors .
yes you can but if you buy a flower pot
and stick it on the pot . If you will be using
it outside you will need to use a type of small
chicken wire around the pot and put cement
base so the tile will keep it function and not chip off . But if you want it for looks you can m
certainly stick the tile on the pots .
becky

3 Likes