Sharing the Gospel for those who are shy

So while I am not shy, due to the Corona virus I had to become creative when sharing the Gospel.

These are the steps I took.

1. Before the Corona virus I use to go to the park or beach and look for someone to share with.
  2. After the corona Virus I did not share at all for a while.
  3. After that I shared my written testimony on Facebook.
  4. Later I decided I would share my written testimony with the neighbors I knew.
  5. After that I shared my written testimony with any workers or delivery men that came to my house.
  6. After that I shared my written testimony with cashiers at stores I went to, which I continue to do.
  7. Now I am going to share my written testimony with my other neighbors that I don’t know by placing it in their mailbox.

Here is my testimony that I called “Why Christianity” which explains how I got saved and why I chose Christianity.

The reason I put written testimony in bold is because I think that is a good way for a shy person to share the Gospel. It does not have to be your personal testimony, but it could just explain why you chose to be a Christian. By that I mean you don’t have to use any personal details like I did, just kind of pretend someone asked you why you are a Christian. You could even title it “Why I am a Christian”.

Anyway, just a suggestion…

8 Likes

God bless you and… I think this is NOT shy.
You have a gift from your Father in heaven. That is creativity which you use for reaching the lost !
Thank you.

4 Likes
2 Likes

What a great example of witnessing and the Lord using even the reluctant witness! And I also admire the humility of the pastor who’s telling this story.
Thanks a lot @Jimbo for sharing this.

This is kind of what I’ve started doing… not my personal testimony but a letter explaining about the Rapture of the Church and my likely soon sudden departure. Depending on whether it’s by snail mail or email, I might

• quote a story or

• discuss some tract previously given

or

• give a link to some verses or part of a Bible Prophecy Update and

• finish with the ABC’s of Salvation.

So far, I have received zero feedback from friends or family members. But, God willing, I will press on. I know quite a few unbelievers.
But I hadn’t thought of writing something similar for cashiers or bank tellers, etc. Thanks @goodboy for the suggestions and your encouraging example.

2 Likes

My church has racks of tracts. I leave them in public places, mostly the women’s restrooms.

2 Likes

I prefer to refer to myself as an introvert. I have worked doing presentations, facilitating groups and have learned to speak with confidence… Being an introvert, I am most often in my own head thinking and when I am with two or more people, by the time I can get into a conversation, the way i want to turn the conversation to talk about Jesus doesn’t fit any longer. Recently, however, i got the idea to go to the florist shop two doors from the house where my adopted aunt lives. the lady who owns the shop was someone my mom liked.and i wanted to see how she was doing. COVID was very hard on her business but she has a wonderful eye for items that appeal to customers and i enjoy looking at them from time to time. we had a chat about the deception. she told me she had two jabs that she regretted. then we talked of values which opened the door for me to identify myself as a Christian. i learned that the flower lady was raised RC and why she walked away. Not an unusual story. it made me think of the ministers in the churches i grew up attending. All were husbands of one wife and all had families. I remember social gatherings with them and dinners at our home. the warmth of Christmas gatherings, singing in choirs and Sunday School. These were not part of the flower lady;s memories. Some people I know who were raised in the Catholic Church now belong to other congregations . Many have just walked away from God altogether. The flower lady identified herself as spiritual in a vague kind of way. i told her i would pray for her every day and she thanked me.

i grabbed the opportunity to give her my testimony, which t I am most comfortable discussing, when i talk to people about Jesus that is what I do. I don’t see it as my gifting. i am putting the ABC cards a dear sister gave me into my purse. There are some people i know who live near me i want to give one to. i know the time is running short. i am ashamed that i haven;t done more. It is not good enough to say I have been busy.

5 Likes

This is something that has been bothering me for a long time. I’m a homebody, don’t get out much. I’ve always been shy. I’ll post video sermons and scriptures on my facebook but rarely does anyone comment or like it, so I’m not sure if anyone is reading my posts. I’m always hearing we need to spread the gospel but i don’t know how to do that and it bothers me because it makes me feel like I’m not doing enough for God. My mom said she feels the same.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with the image, we are all evangelists but we don’t have the same “style”, talents…

You can do it like this guy (it’s French but gives the idea): he speaks, show key verses, with an intro, conclusion, and several nature videos as background. He doesn’t show his face. All the videos are probably public domain or free to use, and listed in the video description. Just be careful not to break YouTube rules (don’t speak directly of Woke, Lgbt, vax, pedo). If you need help to find images or free videos, I could help you. Small clips less than 10 minutes, even shorter. Let the comments available. After, it’s a question of style to get people you want.

I hope this is in the right category. i woke up this morning singing a children’s hymn I haven’t thought of in decades. I have been looking for a way to re-open the door to a dear young woman who has been very friendly to me and who has discussed the realities of our world when i go to her farm to purchases products. she has children she is not sending to school because of the agenda. i haven’t seen her in quite some time. I have my ABCs of the gospel cards in my purse. i am going to print the hymn i was singing and give it to her too. she isn’t always where she sells but i will see her and i will tell her again how i found Jesus in Sunday school before i started school and i sang this hymn written by a woman who wrote for children in the 1800’s. God knows my heart and i believe he put these words on my heart to for me to share their dear sweet simplicity.

Saviour teach me day by day
Love’s sweet lessons to obey
Sweeter lessons cannot be
Loving Him who first loved me.

because of my brain injury, i am not sure i am using the forum properly. i just want to share this hymn by a woman with the last name leeson. i will get my brother to print copies for this and i am going to give along with a card ABCs of salvation. i had tears pouring down my face while i was singing it. i also will do the same for a woman with a flower shop in the village who turned her back on the Catholic Church but listened to me when i gave my childhood testimony. thank you Lord for this reminder. God bless you hotchiwawa for reading this. i always have trouble knowing what to say to break the ice with unbelievers. i am not sure the scripture but Jesus did say we needed to come as little children to enter.

2 Likes