🧋 Smoothies, juices, milkshakes, ice creams

I don’t think there is a thread related to smoothies, juices, milkshakes, ice creams.

If you have good recipes, please share.

5 Likes

Actually, I’m with: Banana + almond milk

Today I tested by adding a pear and honey.
It was very good.

Next step is to test: banana + almond milk + apricot

5 Likes

Alright, here are my faves, though it’s not like I’d turn another flavour down if you’re offering…

Smoothie (usually w/ milk although I also make it with water, orange juice, or oat milk)

• frozen blueberries
  • frozen mango
  • honey
  • matcha powder

Milkshake (it’s been years but…)

• coconut cream
  • pineapple
  • cocoa powder

Bubble Tea

• fresh cantaloupe
  • milk (or fake milk, whatever, both are good)
  • and precisely ‘too many’ pearls
5 Likes

7 Likes

I eat a lot of smoothies :grin:
My favorites: mango- I freeze fresh cut mangoes to use. I add a scoop of collagen powder , Fage Greek yogurt ( the thickest and creamiest and very high in protein) and some stevia. Sometimes I add chia seeds or flax seed for an omega three boost.

I actually make a lot from overripe fruit. I slice and freeze anything from plums, peaches, bananas etc. It helps me not waste fruit I wouldn’t eat otherwise.

6 Likes

I really haven’t lived as I have not yet had bubble tea.

4 Likes

Oh, that sounds great. I like pineapples and juice with some ice, milk and honey.

7 Likes

@Twi

What are pearls. (besides things that come out of oysters)?

5 Likes

They’re the “bubble” part of a bubble tea. They’re made out of tapioca, so they’re sort of gummy and chewy. Not a lot of flavour on their own, but they make it sort of more fun to drink, requires an extra fat straw. Image below shows the pearls in the bowl as well as in the drink.

7 Likes

Well, I learned something new today. Thanks for sharing. I never heard of them before. They may have them out here but never heard of it. Interesting.
I do like tapioca pudding so i probably would enjoy a tea with bubbles. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If I ever make it to your neck of the woods we’re going for bubble tea. hehe… I’m sure there are plenty of places there, it’s very popular with the kiddos now, it used to be more niche. I remember a friend being SO EXCITED that a place was selling bubble tea here a good 20+ years ago. :joy:

5 Likes

My favorite smoothie:

Wendy’s Frostie - chocolate
McDonald’s Shake - chocolate - no whipped cream and no cherry
My own: chocolate ice cream and whole milk, swirled with a spoon and, in a pinch,
if I have no ice cream, I use crushed ice and chocolate syrup

4 Likes

My momma used to put a little cocoa powder and sugar in the bottom of a mason jar. Added just a touch of whole milk or warm water to make a syrup, then added ice and milk to the top. Put on the lid and shake, shake, shake till all mixed and frothy. I can’t say that anything is better than that on a hot day except for what @IamBlessed said. I like good chocolate ice cream with milk in a glass. Yum! Here in SOCAL the ice cream that has won the most awards at the State Fair is Thrifty Ice cream.

3 Likes

I added ice creams to the topic as it’s related.

Rem: today I received my new frigde and immediately bought vanilla ice, chocolate ice, crème fraîche, strawberries, yaourt 0%, almond chocolate, a mortar to break ice cubes, nuts… :yum:

I still have apples, pears, bananas.

3 Likes

I recently discovered an ‘ice cream’ that I fell in love with. It isn’t really ice cream but Frozen Yogurt. I don’t normally like Yogurt but this one tastes just like ice cream
It is by Chapman’s and it is called Black Jack Cherry frozen yogurt.
It is a swirl mixture of chocolate and cherry ice cream with chunks of cherries and little cherry filled chocolates throughout. It is like you get a treat in every bite.
I fell in love with it the first time I tried it.
My favorite Ice cream used to be Maple Walnut but now it is a toss up. I alternate between the two.
If you like cherries and chocolate you have to try it. To die for…

5 Likes

I have two ice cream machines. Electric. Although one has a hand crank alternative. Like I’m going to opt for manual over automated :laughing:

The two flavors that my family like are my Coconut Choco Chunk or my Coffee Go-Go Buzz-Buzz. When I get the opportunity to dig for the recipes, I’ll share with you all. The coconut one goes something like this; coconut milk, coconut cream, organic sugar, fresh shredded coconut, magic shell. You make the coconut ice cream then poor a thick layer of chocolate magic shell before placing in freezer. When solid, break the shell with a butter knife into chunks and stir in.

The coffee one is made with half and half, whipping cream, organic sugar and so much instant coffee that the caffeine level is barely legal :laughing:. Sure to put a permanent grin on your face. Perfect for an ice cream social because you will become….quite social. :grin:

4 Likes

Edit: I tested banana + almond milk + apricot:

Was ok but the taste of apricot was so strong for a small fruit!

2 Likes

@hotchiwawa
Sounds refreshing…and healthy :+1:t4:
@Twi
Tried it. (Boba tea) My daughter loves it. It’s definitely fun! Sonic drive-in fast food tried it in their soft drinks last summer. I think the inside was filled with a watermelon flavor. Interesting!
@DallasT
Sounds amazing. Chocolate covered cherries are one of my favorites :yum:

2 Likes

I don’t think I will find them in my country but I will try soon greek yaourt 0% (real greek) + strawberries, and later the greek yaourt 0% + cherries.

2 Likes

And used to dip the French Fries in :wink:

@Stephmerm
Going to try those additives. Thanks!

@Janet7
Pineapple and honey :thinking:
Gotta try it

4 Likes