Can you apply for a Visa or Green Card? A friend of mine lives in Northern Germany. I think you all have a “lottery” system? You could seek asylum in the USA if you come through the AZ and TX borders. Or come legally with your Visa. Are they still good for 2 years?
I never said that I am dealing right now with depression. I just wanted to explain how someone with mental illness can understand the post. Snarky comments are not helping either.
I am using this function quite regularly and I am trying not to respond to everything. But sometimes I dont want to be silent, because it is a big problem, that many people including christians are seeing mental illness as “mood” and dont understand that it is a real illness.
- Hi Kris as a nurse working with many patients that have sufffered from depression as well as other mental illnesses I agree with you. It’s as if having a mental illness is today’s modern leprosy. People can be cruel and judge ones suffering from it as well as many other “silent” illnesses-ones
that cause pain and suffering but you can’t see it like a broken leg or bald head from chemo.
It all comes down to we as believers make up the body of Christ and when one of us hurts it affects us all. We need to continually lift each other up in prayer and with encouragement or just be there as a listening ear for someone who is alone and afraid. Let us all be more loving as these days are dark.
Kris praying for you I suffer from depression as well. I know the struggle.
Ann still standing in the gap and praying for you and your children.
God is good even when things look bad. Like the Israelites leaving Egypt God will part the Red Seas that stand in the way of our protection and provision.
Much love in Christ
We all have our weaknesses, and so:
“We who are strong have an obligation to bear the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please Himself.” Romans 15:1-3
Jesus could have used your loving advise in the Garden of doubt and anguish at Gethsemane.
The cruelty of some is mind boggling…
Flag if you must. Doc
It seems we need a refresher here in that whole code of conduct for the forum?
• Members should seek to use the Forum to love, honour, serve and obey the Lord.
• Members should remember that “…in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.” (1 Timothy 4:12b)
• Members strive to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things.” (Galatians 5:22-23a)
• Members should contribute in a positive and loving manner so that the Forum will display the gracious love of God.
• Members do not cause disruptions, nor do they personally attack other members out of anger and frustration.
• Members are considerate and do not make another member’s experience on this site miserable.
• Members respect the diversity among all members and the right of all members to their unique beliefs and practices.
• Members understand that this Forum is a Christian website and they will show respect for Christian beliefs and practices, even if they do not agree with them.
• Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
• Divide the Word of God, not each other.
• Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or use nicknames to do so in any area of the Forum, including your profile or signature.
• Do not goad or taunt others. This includes through images, cartoons, memes, smileys, links, and/or text. Quoting and editing another member’s post to change the original meaning, referred to as “fixed it for you”(FIFY), is considered goading.
• Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about other members or public figures may be considered goading.
• Do not “call out” or rebuke another member publicly on the Forum (Matt 15:18). A “call out” is an unsolicited comment in reference to something a member may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or any other personal aspect of their account. This applies to any topic, whether the called out member is participating in that topic or not.
• Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you feel the need to discuss another member’s behaviour, or have an issue about this Forum, its staff or policies, contact a moderator.
• Do not complain about the Forum, moderators, staff, posts, topics or other members.
• Do not say or imply that others should stop posting or leave the Forum.
• Threats of any kind, against others or yourself, are not allowed.
• Spite reports (reporting in retaliation, multiple reports on a member using opposing arguments but are not violations, or repeatedly reporting a member) are not allowed.
• Do not make posts that speak of any moderator/staff action related to you or another member (including any bans, warnings, or editing or removal of posts).
• Attempts to undermine these Code of Conduct or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests is not allowed.
Yes, and I’m not sure everyone realizes that anyone can read these posts without logging in /being an online member.
so @Jon 's reminder (which is also stated in the forum guidelines in other ways) is very important.
Blockquote Jon, post:48, topic:18427"]
Rather than chastise one another for what is going on in their life while thinking us either better than others due to our level of faith, or thinking someone needs to chill out…we should really push within us that meme mentality that we see so many post and some of us do as well. “Treat others as you wish to be treated.”
“Remember to be kind to one another because you don’t know what that other person is going through.”
I am learning the importance of reading a topic and comments thoroughly before jumping in with my “2 cents worth” of well-meaning advice/encouragement.) In fact I think it would have been helpful if I had started by reading @Ann1 's earlier topics before replying to later ones.
I’m not used to making sense to other people. This is getting a little scary for me.
Ann1, thank you for expressing your fears and concerns on this fourum. Because you did so, I was too encouraged by all the wonderful responses you received. i’m praying for you and your children Phill 4:8 and Psalm 62. He is our fortress in time of stress, God bless you!
Well, I can’t say I get all your jokes, @Jon , but I very much appreciate the way the Lord is using you on this forum.
Legislation (rules) of morality or Christianity is a no win exercise.
All it does is curtail free speech. We become a (woke) church or country
If “they” could have done it to Jesus, they would have. In fact they tried.
I fail when I don’t monitor myself, and somtimes I don’t, BUT most of the time I do. It is between me and my God.
This is my opinion, some will like, some will hate, some don’t care. It’s the way life is in this fallen world.
I may be saved, but, God is not finished till I wrap up this tent and go.
Just wanna thank you very much for your kind words and your testimony I had depression, when I saw last year the evilness and didnt speak out about it. Now that I am doing videos I am feeling much better, because no one can say to me “why didnt you warn me about the vaxx?”.
And I am preaching the gospel, try to reach those who are seeing the evilness and are lost. And when I reach a low point, I focus on the Lord and what he had done in my life. He is given me many moments of joy and inner peace.
I do have a very rare condition of humor. It comes from watching Airplane and Airplane 2. Actually that’s not entirely true. I’ve had this condition since I was a kid. Which is when I first watched Airplane. Thank you for the kind words btw! I very much appreciate your very appreciative appreciation of my…use by the Lord on this forum.
@Kris you are doing God’s work spreading the Gospel. When you focus on all that the Lord has done in our lives…I mean really meditate on it, it really can brighten your mood because you can see how real God is and how He blesses His children sometimes when you least expect it. Then it can lead you to see just how much God loves us. Just the fact that God chased after each and every one of us because He wants us to be with Him for all eternity. It really blows me away when I meditate on that love. It is more than we will ever comprehend until we meet Him in Heaven.
Maranatha! Lord we need you to come soon! We long so much to be with you!
God bless your day, Kris.
Ugh. When is 1 John 4:7,8 inappropriate?
There’s never been a time more important to be trusting in Jesus Christ not just for salvation, but for him to preserve you through this pre-rapture time. Trust in him, he will guide your steps. And if you haven’t pulled out your kids from school, now would be the time to do it before the forced vaccination comes for them. Opt out of their system as much as you can. Use curbside pickup or online ordering where possible. Unplug the TV, don’t even listen to their propaganda. Read the Bible daily.