Spiritual Morning Manna

May 17, 2022

Spiritual Morning Manna

Psalm 5:3 (KJV) My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Many people discount the idea that reaching out to God first thing in the morning is highly overrated. They may say, “it doesn’t matter if I have prayer time and reading of God’s Word upon waking, in the middle of the day, or even at night before I turn in for rest. Each of us inherited selfishness from Adam. It is easy to look to ourselves and what is most convenient first and place God last.

The truth is, well, yes, it does matter when I reach out to God with praises and thanksgiving and cries for His help. Think about Adam and Eve daily meeting with God in the cool of the morning if this verse from the book of Psalm encourages us to reach out to God early in the day.

Indeed this verse, among many others, encourage us to seek God first and early in the day. God would not have directed men to pen that if it was not essential for us to consider and follow.

After all, the best days begin and end with God, for he allows us to live for another day. Therefore, knowing that God controls our time on this earth ought to drive each of us to keep Him in the forefront of our mind and to seek Him at the beginning of our days with appropriate spiritual humbleness.

Spiritual Morning Manna (mailchi.mp)

3 Likes