🦊 Stay in the word!

I love this golden alphabet chapter. The 119th is a fantastic one…
I couldn’t begin to choose because so much of it points toward looking continually to the Word, the ways of God, and committing to walking uprightly. :smiley:

5 Likes

I missed this when it was posted but I will put in a hearty Amen. It’s tragic that mental illness gets stigmatized and many are not getting the treatment they need. I see in the Psalms the heart and mind of David in anguish and when I struggled with anxiety and depression the Lord showed me clearly that David too struggled.
There are many organic triggers that spawn mental illness.
Repeated firing of the fight or flight neurotransmitters for instance can fry the nerve fibers and disrupt the normal functions.
Just Like exposure to a toxin can cause physical illnesses or allergies and begin an ongoing chain reaction.
Corrie Ten Boom struggled with some sort of mental illness as reported by her caregiver after Corrie’s death. Sad that many people keep it quiet because of the stigma or the concern that they won’t get the proper treatment. Sometimes the treatment is just as bad as the illness.

4 Likes

Amen, Sister! So very true!!! I was a bedside nurse and the thing that struck me was how many of my patients were taking some sort of psychotropic medication and then they had oodles of other meds to correct whatever was out of balance.
I think there are many other things to help heal.
The Word of God certainly but there are many natural ways to help as well.
I am not discounting medicine entirely but it takes great skill and monitoring to restore chemical balance.

3 Likes

One of the first verses we had to memorize as kids was Psalm 119:11! As the days go by and grow darker, I am more thankful than ever that I had Godly parents and children’s church workers who instilled this truth in us and kept us memorizing foundational verses over the years. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Psalm 119 is full of so many wonderful verses to pray and I have many of them highlighted. I don’t think I could pick just one favorite :smile:

download (1)

5 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

word 4

8 Likes

Staying in the Word is the only way we can understand the character of God. The only way we can understand what grace really means.
I heard an amazing message from Andy Woods from Genesis. Incredible to see the thread of grace. And then I listened to another Andy Wood. His explanation if grace is so completely off. But to see the contrast is so obvious when you approach grace biblically.
BTW Andy Wood is the young guy who is replacing Rick Warren at Saddleback.
This is not Dr. Andy Woods at Sugarland Bible Church.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. is one I memorized as a teenager.
It was the motto of Scripture Union, an organization that published daily Bible reading notes for all ages. At high school, I used to wear a badge on my uniform
(amazed that people are now selling them as vintage items on ebay.)
su
Sadly, I didn’t carry that motto through my early adult life,
:butgod: also inspired
verse 175-76,

Let my soul live, and it shall praise You;
And let Your judgments help me.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
Seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments. NKJV

& verse 75

I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. NKJV

7 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Psalm

7 Likes

8 Likes

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.

Psalm 27:4

10 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes