Strange thoughts? Imagination? Or something else?

the reason this is strange to me, is I’ve been experiencing something similar for 2 nights now. at evening when I’ve gone into the bathroom, for a split second I think I see a monster or a big piece of strange mold in the sink or in the toilet. I get frightened for a moment but it proves to not be there. I’ve found it strange. I have always been “afraid of the dark” and automatically fear seeing ghosts when the lights go out. but once the lights are on I am not afraid. so this thing happening, has been strange to me, just 2 evenings in a row now, when the lights are on. I wonder if it’s related to what you’re experiencing. the coinciding timing is weird, as I’ve never had this before.

I too wondered if it’s spiritual but it’s easy to forget once I leave the room, and I didn’t see details as strong as you did. thanks for bringing it up, it is very weird. I am praying for you and now I’m praying for me too lol. maybe we are anticipating seeing such things because there really is horror ramping up around us. it may not be in our own homesteads but the anticipation IS in US right now. that’s one explanation I can think of.

yesterday I felt overwhelmed by 2 bad things that happened outside of my control. I had done nothing wrong but still had to deal with the consequences. my husband and I continued our reading-through of the Bible late last night, and this time it was psalms 26 and 27. they REALLY spoke to my heart in terms of what I’m going through out of my control. I think you will find great comfort in these passages as well. I will paste them here. God bless you, and we shall trust in Him!!! :

A Prayer for Divine Scrutiny and Redemption

A Psalm of David.

26 Vindicate me, O Lord,
For I have walked in my integrity.
I have also trusted in the Lord;
I shall not slip.
2 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
3 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.
4 I have not sat with idolatrous mortals,
Nor will I go in with hypocrites.
5 I have hated the assembly of evildoers,
And will not sit with the wicked.

6 I will wash my hands in innocence;
So I will go about Your altar, O Lord,
7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And tell of all Your wondrous works.
8 Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place where Your glory dwells.

9 Do not gather my soul with sinners,
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 In whose hands is a sinister scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.

11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
12 My foot stands in an even place;
In the congregations I will bless the Lord.

An Exuberant Declaration of Faith

A Psalm of David.

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

5 Likes

if I hadn’t Believed, I wouldn’t believe your story lol. but this similar thing happened to me when I was just starting to believe. having to rebuke an oppressive presence and then it was gone. that is what part of kept me interested in the Word at the time, having that crazy experience. so I believe you. thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

I have had on several occasions noticed a shadow just outside my direct vision and when I turn to look at it, it’s gone. Maybe my imagination maybe not.

3 Likes

All your stories are true. God works in mysterious ways as they say. Have faith that your experience is God affirming to you that He is real. He is in control. His word is the truth. If anything -it works to demonstrate to each of us that we definitely battle against spiritual things- not just the physical. If the Lord is for us we have nothing to fear!

3 Likes

Science is insufficient in explaining some of my experiences and also why uttering the name of “Jesus” stops it immediately.

We serve a supernatural God, and we have supernatural enemies.

These are spiritual attacks, not just some concoction of our subconscious. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I have noticed a spike in satanic oppression as well. Aweful thoughts and pictures in my mind. Satan and his demons are ravenous and bold. They play even in church, so it doesn’t surprise me they dare to enter my (and your) presence. Claim the blood of Jesus and boldly tell them to get out in Jesus name. There is a reason God says ,“in everything give thanks…” as it is that very present connection with our Father that prepares us to be ready to face and take command of the intensifying evil in our world.

9 Likes

The timing of it, right after your prayer, jumped out at me. It would seem to make sense that Satan and his minions would choose to attack when we are drawing close to God or growing in our knowledge of Him or doing His work.

The past several months sometimes when I am listening to a teaching audiobook (like Chuck Missler, etc.) or to a sermon, a doubting/contradicting thought comes into my head out of nowhere! Like ‘what if’ thoughts. It’s so bizarre because they are things I would not think of and when I try to recall some of them now to give for an example, they won’t even come to mind.

Whenever it happens, I turn off or pause the sermon/lesson and pray to the Lord saying aloud “that is not what I think” and asking Him to please take those thoughts away.

I know the “heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked”, but it freaks me out that these thoughts are in my head and maybe the Lord sees them as me doubting or questioning Him. But I don’t consider them to be mine at all. It is very confusing.

7 Likes

I’ve heard this line from several pastors (and I think one of them attributed it to Billy Graham, but who knows?): You can’t keep a bird from landing on your head [the thought] but you can keep it from making a nest in your hair [allow it to take root]! Yes, a thought that doesn’t fit who we are that pops into our mind is disconcerting, but when I remember where it’s coming from (not MY soul, but the enemy OF my soul), that in itself is an encouragement and I can use several weapons, some of which have already been mentioned, but my favorite Scripture is the command to “take every thought captive to Christ,” remember that “that’s not who I am,” and in really annoying situations, “Get thee behind me, Satan!” :smile: Another lesson I’ve learned is that Satan CANNOT stand in the face of praise (as has been mentioned)! You start praising God and he runs! Yes, I’ve noticed flashes of shadows lately as well, and whether it’s my funky left eye :smile: or a heightened activity in the spiritual realm, I agree that things are coming to a head and Satan will be bolder. Look up, my brothers and sisters, for our redemption draws nigh! Can’t wait!! :smile:

15 Likes

What a golden nugget! Thank you!

4 Likes

You can’t force a horse to go to the river for drinking.

1 Like

Huh, that’s weird… I had a similar experience an hour ago as I glanced out of my window from the second story at night. There was a very short moment of an evil incarnate face and then a second later… nothing.

It may just be my imagination but it did bring back some previous memories when I was really young (about 7) of a dragon head with glowing yellow eyes watching me through my curtainless windows accompanied by a feeling of terror. My very strong Christian mother was concerned after I told her it kept happening every night and prayed a lot over us and the house (and bought curtains) and eventually it stopped.

Whenever something like that happens I just remember my mighty God has overcome all evil and I have nothing to fear because I’m His child and covered by the blood of Jesus.

Blessings,
Chris

4 Likes

I’d recently been shown 2 Kings 6:16-17

This is just more in the Bible that shows the spiritual side of things around us ready to attack us at any moment, or through our Faith protect us because of that Faith.

2 Likes

i also have experienced things like that in the past.
I hope its ok for me to share something that happened last night to me since there is not topic for it, in here.

I looked out of the window before i went to be, and i saw a bright red/orange light, it was round, and it was moving slowly, like flying in the sky not very high up. I looked and realized that it could not be a airplane because of this one light that was underneath this thing whatever it was. I am afraid to say it must have been a UFO, since these demons (aliens: fallen angels) are everywhere.
The government is going to most likely use them as the great deception and saying that those aliens took all the Christians once the rapture happened. Because those people who all disappeared were a danger to everyone else since they were not vaccinated. Something like that i think.
But to actually see something flying around and so close scared me to be honest.
I dont live in any fear for anything. But i got scared and crawled in bed and prayed for so long for protection that “they” can not come near me and my husband. I was afraid, and scared that they could abduct me. There are people around that say they have been abducted (watch L.A. Marzulli) https://youtu.be/_BBaCPf1AHk
DISCLOSURE - LA Marzulli

So i prayed for protection.
I woke up and remembered that a few months ago when i looked out of the kitchen window in the late evening, that i also then saw something going by in the sky, and slower than most airplanes fly. Then is suddenly disappeared.
I think i wont look out of the window at night anymore since it made me afraid to be honest.
I constant pray for protection from the Lord.
Has anyone else have an experience like this?
I live in Manitoba , Canada.

2 Likes

I have read the following verses today!

Daniel 7
9: I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10: A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11: I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12: As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

My brother recounted something that was happening to a friend of his. Someone of enormous faith.

This guy woke up saw what he believed to be satan or some demonic presence sitting on his bed. He just said oh it’s you again and rolled over and went back to sleep.

2 Likes

This happened to me last night, but didn’t think anything of it. About 11pm uk time. I just switched off from the forum, and ‘saw’ quite a large form, bigger than a large dog, hunched by my feet. It was dark, scaly and snarly rather than snarling. It wasn’t actually there, even though I could see it. Odd, thought I, immediately did my emergency shortcut for the armour of god and protection for house, humans and pets, then went to sleep with perfect peace. Didn’t even think about it until I read your post. Only odd thing is that my animals are jumpy and unsettled today. Again, could be anything with them, but it makes you wonder

3 Likes

I get intrusive thoughts especially when I read the Bible or try to watch online sermons. Some days the thoughts are non stop. I found a pastor who talked with me about it and he said it was spiritual warfare. He said it happens to more people than who are willing to admit it. Some people don’t discuss it because they don’t want people to think there is something wrong with them or question their faith. John Bunyan wrote a book about his experiences and he was a pastor. I think the closer we get to the rapture the more spiritual warfare will increase.

10 Likes

Great story!

This same thing happened to Smith Wigglesworth back in the 1800’s.

Strange story! One night I dreamed that I woke up and saw my cat near me (a grey cat), sleeping peacefully like a cat, and I really woke up screaming because in the dream I thought the cat was satan!

And probably “physically” agressed by others living in the flesh :angry: