🦊 Suffering is not from God

@DallasT , Love this… :wink:

I decided to start a new thread for this conversation. Thank you for posting it.

This image and scripture is particularly good for those among us who are a bit demanding of God based on their personal bearing and will.

(General public question to anyone)

Are you experiencing much suffering in life?

It’s one of two things…

• You’re either not really saved yet, and are at the mercy and whim of the world, without real hope, and no proper faith in God and understanding of His word.

Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). He tries to steal your joy, kill your faith, and destroy all that you are and your relationship with Christ. He has only the power we grant him.

For a time you may have it all in the world, and seem like it is the proper way, but eventually after he has used you for his own means, you will be discarded, left abandoned to die on your own without help, and often he will insidiously convince you to off yourself in some way, whether by slow burn of drinking and drugs into oblivion, or a quick tragic desperate jump off or self inflicted mortal wound because you are without hope.

• Or you are saved and trying to live a Godly life, which is just chaffing satan’s hide something fierce, and he’s throwing persecution at you left and right.

God does not guarantee a pleasant life in the world, far from it, He actually warns that your faith comes at a cost in the world.

2 Timothy 3:12

Indeed, all who desire to live godly lives in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

Here, you take inventory of your relationship with God, if you have one, and examine yourself to see if you have the faith.

2 Corinthians 13:5

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Can’t you see for yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you— unless you actually fail the test?

Potent words and caution by Paul.

The good news is that if God has ever worked in your life (and you’ll know the difference when it could only have been God), then He is within you.

If not, then there is a easy fix and quick remedy…Call upon the Lord to settle the matter once and for all. Keeping in mind that it is not a formula based legalistic thing, no balanced equation, no Pay Per Pray, no God on Demand as though He is a Genie Lamp to rub, or a lottery ticket for provision in the world.

His provision for us is based on our need from His wisdom and will, and not our wants.

And simply, in this mortal life and physical world, the goal is not eternal life in our flesh here. The flesh is already forsaken. No, the goal is eternal life in spirit and by His side.

:wink: :heart:

21 Likes

Hello Jack @JackN,
I pray this post (and thread) finds its way to people who need to hear these words. So many suffer and confusion only compounds their pain. As with every single thing in our life, Jesus is the answer and scripture is the way to learn!
Shalom

13 Likes

@GR and @JackN
In my experience, there is 3rd possibility…God afflicts His people to “burn off the dross,” so that we may glorify Him. While it is true that he does not do this lightly, and that He never gives us more than we can bear, He nevertheless does allow suffering.

14 Likes

I would say based on scripture that:

He allows suffering, which comes from affliction. He does not cause suffering.

There is a difference. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I know God doesn’t cause the problems but he will allow them even though they are from the enemy.
What exactly are we to learn from the suffering? What if we don’t know what is causing it? We have examined ourselves etc. and we believe we are doing everything we should be, and yet the problem remains. Is it just a matter of waiting on his timing? Is it that we might see the answers after the problem goes away?

At the moment I am not in anything like this but I know the shoe is about to fall once again any time. It always does. The problem is when I am going through it, I never really know why or what I am supposed to be learning. Sometimes I find out later and sometimes I don’t. Or is it all just a part of life and living and we all go through problems?
Any ideas?

16 Likes

Jack -Sounds like we are saying the same thing.

5 Likes

Dallas- In my case currently, I know that after self-examination, I am not doing everything I can… but the last time I was severely afflicted, I thought /believed I was, so I don’t think that the 2 are connected (Job as an example).

I think that we will only know the answer when we are with Jesus.

9 Likes

Yeah, sometime I seem to know what it is and other times I just scratch my head and wait. I’m sure there is reasons for all of it and eventually we’ll know. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

:heart: I love that scripture…TY @DallasT & @JackN!

I did find an article on GotQuestions.com for anyone interested delving further into “Does God Cause Suffering?”

…very interesting topic y’all :+1:t3:.

6 Likes

Thank you for the post on
suffering . I needed to read
it . May Jesus bless you and
shine his light on you .

7 Likes

You know Dallas @DallasT,
BTW, good morning. I think maybe sometimes when we can’t figure out the why for our troubles/afflictions/whatever you want to call them, they might be for someone else’s benefit. Think about Paul under house arrest, chained to a guard. Think of all the visitors he had— what his guards witnessed.
Just an idea…
GR

7 Likes

And a VERY GOOD idea. Sometimes I have known that the reason for it is to keep me totally relying on Jesus to fight the battles. Sometimes, it may be happening and I am not aware.
His strength is made perfect in weakness. (My paraphrase)

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is so true , God shows
us and allows us to suffer so
we can look to him for help .
Praise Jesus

Zechariah 4:6

" Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts."

10 Likes

Billy Crone is currently doing a study in the book of James. He covers so much on trials and the purpose and our attitudes during and what can be gleaned from going through them. It’s a great study. I believe he is on chapter 20 now.
Watching them may help with all the why’s and what’s and give some hope and assurance of God at work :blush:

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

I’m so ready to not deal with tears anymore !

8 Likes

Yes, we live in a fallen world and trials come and go but there is One who doesn’t come and go. He is my strength from day to day and without Him I would fall as the song says. The aches and pains along with heavy thoughts are upon me, but I push them aside most days and thank the Lord, He has given me one more day to praise Him. I wonder why He loves a wretched sinner like me, but He does, hallelujah!

4 Likes