Sugery happening soon!

I will be having surgery on Thursday of this week for Total Hip Replacement. I would appreciate prayers for my upcoming surgery. I had both of my knees replaced and my other hip awhile back. I still get the nervous feeling though, you’d think I’d be a pro by now. I know the Lord is with me and will help me get through this, but the devil and or his minions want to mess with me over it, trying to get me to worry about it. I feel good and much of Gods love when complete strangers, my friends and my family too pray for for me. I’m grateful for you all and thankful for any prayers you can give me. I’m
Hoping I can heal up nicely and ready to go back to my job in August. Thank you, and have a blessed day! Praise Yahweh!

20 Likes

Praying for you, @Lillystar09 Karen.:hibiscus:

3 Likes

Thank you @Gracings ! I appreciate your prayers. :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll pray for you Karen. The Lord’s got this. He’s in charge. :pray: :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

Maaaaan, it’s been a hot minute since you’ve hung out here, Karen! Good to see ya around.

All Merciful and Gracious Heavenly Father

As @Lillystar09 girds up her loins to take the field of battle…well, not exactly but she’s girding up to take the operating table (we’ll go with that), we ask that You bless her with peace and calm in her heart and mind as she prepares for surgery to make her more robotic…scratch that, more able-bodied? We’ll do with the latter. We just want to make sure the surgeons don’t put any computer chips in her to turn her into a Terminator or have someone from thousands of miles away use a joystick to control her and use cheat codes to make her do flying roundhouse kicks or allow her to hear that nanana nanana nanaaaa sound like from the Six Million Dollar Man (I just [used] to love making that sound and run in slow motion).

Seriously though, we ask that You bless the medical staff with laser-like focus and clarity of mind to complete a successful accomplishment in ridding Karen of any and all pain she feels when she moves. Please help her to recover quickly and help her to dive into the word more this Summer due to rest and rehabilitation and physical therapy she’ll have to undergo as well. I mean, swimsuit season is already here and she’ll have to wait till Autumn for it and well that’s just not gonna work for her. Please bless the medical staff with understanding that Karen is a person and not a number of a blank check. Please bless her family as they take care of her through her recovery. Please bless her cat to know not to pounce on Karen during this time.

In all seriousness, Father, we beg You to take care of Karen and her staff and her family through every process and help her and heal and mend her and take any worries and concerns away from her mind and heart and allow her peace, calm, and clarity through this time.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

5 Likes

It’s normal to be anxious about going under the knife. You are putting yourself into the hands of someone else.

5 Likes

Very True, God has my back and everything else included! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was one awesome, humorous prayer, but sincere, and I thank you kindly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do believe! It’s awesome to have a loving father who cares for his children! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, kindly! :heart:

2 Likes

If it helps get your mind into a laughing state of mind…I’ll have to figure that one out later, then it’s a two fold answered prayer! YAY!

2 Likes

Father God, In the mighty and healing name of Jesus, we ask for an uneventful surgery for our sister in Christ. We ask for swift healing and recovery for her and that as she recuperates, she will come even closer to You as she will have more spare time during the healing process. We thank You for being her faithful Savior through all of her other surgeries. Asking for the best results in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen

4 Likes

I recently had knee surgery and it was an excellent experience. I pray that your surgery is even better!

2 Likes

Thank you for the wonderful, sincere prayers . May God Bless you and your family. :heart:

1 Like

I’m so glad that you had a successful surgery and feeling well ! It’s a blessing! Thank you for the prayers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Lord we serve is the Great Physician, He will be there with you even as He pulled Peter from the sea. Don’t let the storm take your attention. Be at peace.

2 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of God’s promises to his children. You are so right, and I thank you for the blessing.

1 Like

No need to thank me sister! I have to be reminded myself all the time but thankfully the Lord is patient with me as He is for all His children.

1 Like

My husband is now entering 4th week post-op for knee replacement surgery. Light at the end of the tunnel.

6 Likes

Oh, I sure understand that feeling. Putting yourself into the hands of someone other than the Lord is a frightening prospect even if you have been thru it before. I have had many surgeries and get so sick to my stomach because of nerves.

RECOMMENDATION: If you are sick when you wake up from the anesthesia, don’t take the medicine they give you before your surgery for being anxious. It is the cause of the nausea.

I may have posted this too late; sorry. I will be praying for a quick recovery Karen.

1 Like