Sweetpea can't walk

Hello all,

My 14 and a half year old dog SWEETPEA could use your prayers please. When I woke this morning, she was walking sideways as couldn’t control her back legs and progressed to now she cannot get up at all. Vet thinks it is either inflammation or a blood clot somewhere and put her on some mild meds (because she is still rebuilding her liver from having a serious illness last year).

I know some would say its just a dog… but she is a special girl who was born into my hands. My first and only bred by champion show dog who also became a multiple group winner. We were a great team in our day.

Thanks.

26 Likes

I’ll pray right now for your SWEETPEA. So sorry for you.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

5 Likes

Heavenly Father thank You that You care about everything that concerns us and that includes our pets. Lord I lift of Sweetpea and pray for Your healing touch. Lord please have mercy and allow the medication to work for her if that is the means You want to use to heal her Father nor our will Your will be done.

8 Likes

praying right now for your fur friend sweetpea :two_hearts::paw_prints::pray:

5 Likes

Praying for your dear Sweetpea fur baby and also for you, @Violet.

6 Likes

Praying for the Lord to heal Sweetpea

3 Likes

Violet,
I pray that you will seriously do what ever is needed and humanly possible for your beloved Sweetpea and listen to your heart for her sake. Our Heavenly Father dearly loves HIS creatures and tho I pray for her recovery trust God to do what is best as ALL lives are in HIS hands.

5 Likes

Prayer for SweetPea :pray:t3::cry: we love our furry friends so much.

6 Likes

Praying for your precious SweetPea. :two_hearts: If the vet’s med’s do not help and you live in an area with ticks, perhaps consider tick paralysis from one of the several tick born illnesses.

5 Likes

:pray for Sweetpea, our animals are so precious
may I ask what breed of dog she is?

3 Likes

Thank you everyone… and PRAISE to our LORD!

Sweetpea is back on her feet this morning when I woke up. A bit wobbly in the rear, but she walked outside and went potty all on her own!

14 Likes

Thank You Lord! All praises we give You!

3 Likes

Praise God for HIS mercy!

3 Likes

Hello everyone…

PLEASE can y’all pray for my Sweetpea again… she turned 15 last week and began having trouble controlling back legs again last night. Vet is closed for “training” so will be taking her tomorrow for evaluation. Last time he put her on some meds and she got better in a few days… but she’s not nearly as spry as she was eight months ago.

She is still eating fine and is alert when I interact with her, so she has not given up. She just can’t get up on her own or walk a straight line without my helping her with a blanket under her middle. Its very sad to see her laying there… luckily my other dog Emma is by her side.

8 Likes

Violet,
PLEASE give us an update about Sweetpea!

Sweetpea is gone… thanks for all your prayers and thoughts for her.

May 4, 2007 - May 12, 2022

4 Likes

I’m so very sorry for loss Violet. I pray one day you’ll be reunited in heavenly places. Perhaps at this very moment Sweetpea is playing with my beloved departed kitties and eagerly awaiting our arrival!

3 Likes