🌼 Take Time to Smell the Flowers - Even Animals do it

A place to get away and relax, smell the flowers. Share pics of flowers, calmness, poems, things to soothe the mind and uplift others.

ALWAYS STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS POEM

Always take some time to stop and smell the flowers
Don’t hurry past the things that make life beautiful
Before your life runs down to a few precious hours
Remember to share life with the people you love
There’s always someone special, watching how you live
So with those around you, be sure to share your time
There’s always someone needing what you have to give
You’re sure to be remembered by the love you leave behind.

Note: This poem was inspired by a mother dying of cancer. While she was physically able, she always took her daughter for a walk. The little girl loved flowers. The mother always stopped to let her daughter smell the flowers, a memory that will last for a life time.

23 Likes

I LOVE this. Thank you for a precious reminder

8 Likes

You can post pictures if you like as well - or poems or anything to give peace and calm and uplift others.

8 Likes

This one’s for @JackN

10 Likes

I just love seeing the little fawns in the spring.

8 Likes

I have one for @JackN as well.

12 Likes

Isn’t she just beautiful!

4 Likes

I never realized before that so many animals really do stop and smell the flowers. So neat to see all these pictures of them doing that. I guess even animals love God’s creation as well as children.

11 Likes

e895369308f0d3d59b9d7e35be1cf25b

10 Likes

I love hummingbirds! Waiting for them to come back to my yard. Haven’t seen them yet :confused:

7 Likes

I am having trouble uploading my pictures. Texas Bluebonnets!

2 Likes

Here is a picture for you @NStallard

9 Likes

The following are a couple poems that I wrote 19 years ago.
I have others that maybe I’ll share as well.

The first is called A Child’s Wonder

I wrote it thinking of rushing through life and the need to slow down and “ smell the roses” based on walks with my son when he was little.

12 Likes

Thanks for this @DallasT! I commented on one of @staceyLovesJesus flower posts earlier that nothing is blooming here yet and her picture was making me long to see creation as it should be, no longer under bondage. These adorable animals are just icing on the cake right now! :blush::two_hearts:

2ce7f075d185ce6f47f6515c10b36b09
joy-suffering-

9 Likes

Wow, that one really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing that.

7 Likes

The second is called The Answer
I write it thinking about the homeless, down trodden who need Christ and find him restoring their hope in life afterwards

11 Likes

@SherryM
Bless you! And thank you for the beautiful Blubonnets! They are my favorite flower. I see them in bloom right now at the cemetery where i walk. The daffodils are out there too.
My flowers in the yard still aren’t up yet.
Guess I need to plant bulbs for next season.
Your picture is so beautiful! Have you seen them in bloom? They cover the whole ground. And they are such a deep blue!

8 Likes

I love this! Reminds me of when my son was little. He always stopped to look at the ants and birds and had to dig his little hands in the dirt.
Now he’s grown up and married. But still my little boy with the big brown eyes and wonder of nature.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing the poems @Stephmerm. The first reminded me of an older post I wrote.

Can’t wait for my spring ‘God bouquets’ to start popping up soon. :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

It is just a pretty picture I found for you since you were having trouble uploading pictures. I also walk in a lovely little cemetery near my house and they have lovely flower gardens throughout. I do have some pics of them I can find and post later.

7 Likes