The all around food post

This post will be about food, either here on earth or what you hope to have in heaven. :wink:

I’ll start with Lasagna

14 Likes

Tom Hughes talked about a ‘Bacon Tree’ in heaven. I think I would like that sort of thing. Wouldn’t it be great if we could pick a fruit and it would taste exactly like our favorite foods? I could taste my mom’s homemade bread or my Grandmother’s delicious soup. Here’s hoping. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here’s some comfort foods I’ve made. I sometimes take pictures to remember favorites to cook :heart:

16 Likes

Oh boy…I LOVE lasagna…have you ever used cottage cheese in it? …pretty good!..that looks yummy.,did you make that?

2 Likes

Looks absolutely amazing. Pretty sure I can smell your kitchen from here😋

3 Likes

@JackN
My honest answer: Heaven has chocolate!!:smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you :heart: I always wondered what food we will have in Heaven? Will we even have to eat? Will we feel hunger? I think I remember some scripture somewhere about eating from fruit trees, right?..I hope there will be some pasta trees too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Interesting idea, food in heaven, that is. Will we have to eat to live? There will be a “tree of life”. Will eating be more for special occasions than for sustenance? More because we want to than have to? I wonder what taste buds are like in a body like His? What about… well… “elimination”? Will we be immersed in a “fire” (light) that is so intense (totally harmless to us) that any waste would be immediately burned up? Or will there be no waste? Will the pleasures of the food realm there cause all to pale in this world that we’re in now such that even bacon will seem bland and uninteresting? (LOL! Couldn’t help myself, had to throw that one in. :wink: )

It’s something we don’t really know a whole lot about, and in a way, I can see how it would be trying to describe color to someone who was born with no eyes.

Oh, and another bunny trail… ever wonder how the Millennial Kingdom is gonna work, when we have our glorified bodies but are ruling and reigning over mortal men with carnal bodies and yet we’re interacting with each other? Ever thought about how that might work?

6 Likes

oh boy…making me hungry…yum

2 Likes

Luk 24:40-44 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them . And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Mat 26:28-29 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.

So Jesus ate when He had His new body and He will drink Wine at least in the Father’s Kingdom.

4 Likes

@1jewel

I always wondered what food we will have in Heaven? Will we even have to eat? Will we feel hunger?

There are many clues… :slight_smile:

In 1 Corinthians 6 for example, while Paul is speaking of “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial”, in the first part of verse 13 he makes the following statement…

Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, but God will destroy them both.

Here is the answer to Will we need to eat? and that answer is no. :slight_smile:

Our glorified bodies will be the same as that of Christ after resurrection. We know this because of 1 John 3:2.

Our sustenance will be the very Spirit of God. Man lives by the word of God (the Bread of Life) in both cases, mortal or immortal.

Christ after resurrection had no blood, for he sacrificed it for all. Since we are crucified along with Christ and His Holy Spirit is within us always, and more so after our Glorification, we will not have blood either.

Blood of mortal men is corrupt, and flesh can never see or experience heaven or eternity.

We will put on incorruption at our redemption. 2 Corinthians 5:1-5 speaks of our mortal “tent” (body) to be dismantled and given a heavenly dwelling.

We also know a few things about food and the eternal Glorified body.

• Christ ate fish after His resurrection.
  • We are to have a Wedding banquet in heaven.
  • The tree of life has fruit (as another here had mentioned)

So we will eat in heaven yes. But it won’t be to live… It will be for celebration, and to the Glory of God.

:wink: :heart:

10 Likes

This is me at the end of the wedding table after the rapture…
:pig: :yum: :laughing:

(a second helping of “shepherd’s pie” please…) :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

I am really looking forward to a glass of the wine water, or is it water wine?

1 Like

All of your food looks great but I have a weakness for pie. :drooling_face: What kinds do you have there?? @1jewel

4 Likes

Ahh this is a dangerous place for me to be in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

This is gonna be great. Thanks Jack :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know there will be Heavenly Food (Pun intended)…I’m just thankful I won’t need a porcelain :toilet: there :speak_no_evil:

Stomach issues…TMI I know :woman_facepalming:t3::grimacing::joy:

Brown Sugar Caramel Pecan Pound Cake :yum:
(Not bakery picture worthy, but it disappeared in a day or two)

7 Likes

Food the way it should be :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kind of don’t like you as much now Jack. This is practically idolatry…lol :crazy_face: jk. Too too good :yum: