The all around food post

Peanut butter, jelly, banana & chockolate sandwich :slight_smile:

Does anyone remember the Gilligan’s Island where in one of his dreams he turned into a beast as food was mentioned? lol.

This episode but they only show the beginning of the dream…you have to pay for the part where he turns in to Mr. Hide at the mention of food.

. . . . .

This Recipe Was Inspired by Gilligan’s Island

. . . . .

1. ‘Gilligan’s Island’ Was Created As A Political Statement

Believe it or not, the show was intended to pack a political punch. Producer Sherwood Schwartz came up with the idea of ‘Gilligan’s Island’ while attending a college class. He said it was meant as a “social microcosm and a metaphorical shaming of world politics in the sense that when necessary for survival, yes we can all get along.” His idea is based on the question of what would you take with you if stranded on an island, which actually makes quite a bit of sense once you think about it.

:slight_smile: I see politics in everything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So Elvis is STILL in the building! :thinking::wink::joy:

2 Likes

Grilled Zucchini w/ Roasted Chickpeas is a vegetarian dinner dream! Topped with sun-dried tomatoes and tahini dressing, this dish is a summer stunner.

8 Likes

bright and fresh Spinach Strawberry Salad is a summer stunner! Strawberries, blueberries, and avocado all pair beautifully with a homemade lemon poppyseed dressing- making it the perfect salad for warmer weather!

11 Likes

not that I need an excuse to eat a giant bowl of this 2-ingredient nice cream, but don’t mind if I do :smirk: made with just frozen blueberries and frozen bananas, this treat is dairy free, vegan, naturally sweetened and SO EASY TO MAKE! love that color, too.⠀

4 Likes

One of them is a cherry pie ( mom’s recipe )…I love this recipe! It has tart cherries & a little almond flavor too…the other one is apple pie :slight_smile: …I think my favorite pie of all time is coconut cream pie!!..my sweet grandma used to make those for us every time we visited her…miss her so much…but I think I might see her soon!

2 Likes

spicy ranch chopped chicken cabbage salads loaded with colorful veggies, crunchy tortilla strips, juicy grilled chicken strips and a creamy, spicy greek yogurt ranch dressing.⠀

perfect for lunch, dinner or your next BBQ

RECIPE

Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad | Ambitious Kitchen

5 Likes

street corn chicken tacos made with flavorful sazon grilled chicken, seasoned grilled corn, fresh avocado salsa and a mindblowingly delicious jalapeño lime cashew sauce :hot_face:

RECIPE
Crazy Good Street Corn Chicken Tacos | Ambitious Kitchen

4 Likes

No caption needed

6 Likes

That is just wrong :scream:

6 Likes

What time is dinner? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Do you roast your chickpeas before cooking or the reverse?
Lately I have been sprouting all my pulses before cooking.

2 Likes

From Charleston.

The top one HAS A LAYER OF PECAN PIE FILLING

The bottom one in this photo is Salted Caramel Brownie, also super delicious. Look at that thick caramel layer and the chunks of brownie :drooling_face:

2 Likes

No but that sounds really good lavender :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Creamy Mushroom Almond & Chestnut Soup

3 Likes

12:15am reading all these posts and now somehow im hungry for pizza :grimacing:

3 Likes

I know…look what @JackN started. This is gonna drive me nuts. I’ll have to purposefully spend fits of time away from this particular thread to recoop :frowning:

1 Like

That looks so good!!..even at 5:00 am, lol

1 Like

Lol, how in the world could a person fit that between their teeth?? Ha

1 Like