The Great Smokies

A Wondrous Diversity of Life

Ridge upon ridge of forest straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. World renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life, the beauty of its ancient mountains, and the quality of its remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture, this is America’s most visited national park.

21 Likes

@Romans1013 I love Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains. My brother and sister-in-law live in the Knoxville TN area and I have been there several times…one of my most favorite places to visit :heart: I am attaching pics from the last time I was there, 2 or 3 years ago, it was a chilly, rainy and gloomy day but I enjoyed it so much anyway.

13 Likes

Hi Sherry :slightly_smiling_face: It’s really something to experience any time of year, rain or shine. That looks like the Cades Cove area.

1 Like

It is indeed the Cades Cove area. I have many other photos from the Smoky Mountains but they are actual paper photos taken with an actual camera that I would have to get out of my picture box…maybe I will look through that box of photos later… :bear:

3 Likes

It’s called Little River although for most people they would consider it a big creek. The water is refreshingly chilly all summer long. It winds downward from the mountains through the heavily forested areas of The Smokies. I can hear the roar of it and feel the mist from it just looking at this photo…

10 Likes

I can almost hear it too; beautiful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We were there last month, I saw 4 adult bears and 5 babies. I couldn’t believe it.

2 Likes

I saw a mama bear with 3 cubs in Cades Cove last month. I can’t figure out how to attach my pictures.

3 Likes

First bottom right icon should take you to your photo library. Can’t wait to see some BARRS😁

I use the icon of the little photo that says “upload” when you hover over it…I am not very techie so I hope I dont confuse you

1 Like

You brought back memories of Tellico Plains, Cherohalla Skyway, Deal’s Gap, and a little back-way river to a waterfall. May have been the Little River. Years and another lifetime ago. Thank you. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Beautiful pictures, will you be showing more?
It’s so nice to see the beautiful things that God created.

3 Likes

desktop

1 Like

:thinking: I’m not sure about desktop.

Let’s try @Twi and @jasonacts177

2 Likes

Oh yes :smiley:

Here are some more:

There are several different types of forests in the park. My personal favorite is the Hemlock Rhododendron forest. It’s cool and fragrant of evergreen and an organically aromatic decaying forest floor.

11 Likes

Those are stunning!
I just love trees! The beautiful fragrance…

3 Likes

“The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.” :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:

Genesis 1:12

3 Likes

The Smokies have the largest array of salamanders on the planet; like this cute little Red Spotted Newt :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Beautiful!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Yearling Black Bear cub

6 Likes