The Great Smokies

Hi Cindy. Were you able to get help with loading pics from desktop? You can try @moderators by messaging them or looking on the Forum Use help topic area.

Blessings,
Tony

2 Likes

Berries of Aralia spinosa (Devil’s Walkingstick) are bear food.

6 Likes

Fern in the Elkmont area. I believe it’s Christmas Fern.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting these! I have zero regrets over following God’s lead to adopt kids with some serious mobility issues. However, I must admit I do miss hiking beautiful trails like these with my husband and sadly the best natural places are not wheelchair accessible to enjoy with our kids. These photos do almost make me feel like I’m there though and bring me HOPE of our future when Jesus will heal my kids so they can run on trails and swim in rivers like these too. :blush::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Smoky Mountain National park, just a few miles south of Gatlinburg.

9 Likes

On the Blue Ridge Parkway

8 Likes

I just figured it out, thank you.

3 Likes

Cades Cove

6 Likes

Cades Cove

8 Likes

That’s really something to look forward to and the day is approaching quickly when those promises are about to be fulfilled! :blush: For REAL! :smiley:

Should The Lord tarry, and should you venture there, the Laurel Falls Trail is fully paved. It’s a mile or so long and is absolutely beautiful. There’s also the Cades Cove loop which is an 11 mile one way road where you can stay in your vehicle and see bears, deer and wild turkey in abundance. Mid way there’s a restored village that’s completely wheel chair accessible.

So glad the pics are inspiring you. That’s precisely why I wanted to post them! :wink:

6 Likes

Those are awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am glad you got that figured out…enjoying your pics :smiley:

3 Likes

Cades Cove

10 Likes

Very familiar sites. Awesome pics @CindyCindi Thanks for posting. My kids used to play in that area of the cantilever barn which is right next to a stream. One could spend days at Cades Cove!

2 Likes

Exactly James :+1:t4:
the “peaceful side of the Smokies”
Is where it’s at.

2 Likes

I didn’t even go to all the sites, just stayed on the main loop. I would love to go back.

1 Like

Hi @CindyCindi,

So glad you managed to get your piccies up - well worth the wait!

Apologies I didn’t manage to respond sooner; I was just about to upload my ‘Step-by-Step How To Guide’ images but I’m relieved I don’t have to as they would surely spoil the splendour of this ‘Great Smokies’ gallery.

In Christ

3 Likes

Thanks Jason😊

And voila… the splendor continues

Splendour…sorry :wink::heart:

7 Likes

Here is one more I found of Cades Cove

2 Likes

Tony,

Umm, perhaps because I have been mostly a city boy, I thought bears were highly dangerous. Apparently ya’ll know something I don’t.

I have heard of “bear spray” and I guess you’d tell me that bears don’t USUALLY bother anyone.

I have been through the smokies and other parts of our nation via semi-truck, thankfully, no bear tried to hijack my truck :rofl:

Well, if Our Lord tarries and provides a way, I am hoping to move to northern Idaho where there is a bear presence. If I do, I have lots to learn :bear:

2 Likes