Things I've learned

Things I’ve Learned

First off, I am ferociously independent; I do everything myself even if I have to do it several times to get it right. You can be sure if I ask for help or hire someone to do something, I have either tried to do it on my own several times and failed or decided that it was an impossible task for whatever reason. So, yes; I am a stiffnecked person - this is not a good thing because refusing help taught me not to be dependent on anyone - even God. So basically, I am trying to push God off His throne and take over. (I am also very stupid).

Since becoming a Christian (a lot of years ago), I have been working on being not so independent, not having much luck on that as far as appliance and house repair, but I have learned (and am still learning) to trust God and turn things over to Him in other situations. This is mostly because I got really tired of fighting Him - it does no good, there is no way to win. I still plant my heels from time to time, but He is quicker to respond to my stubbornness now and will knock me down before I get very far.

So I have run the gamut of being the very worst sinner, to being the very worst hypocritical Christian ever to walk the face of the earth. And still; God loves me and shows me which direction I should go, answers my prayers in ways that are miracles to me, or doesn’t allow a yes, depending on what I am praying for.

I do not know where you stand with God: whether you are a Christian or an unbeliever, whether you even believe in God at all, or what kind of life you have led. What I do know, is what God has done for me and the love He has shown, even when I am being defiant towards Him. I don’t know why He puts up with me, but he does. Everyone needs to know that kind of love; everyone needs the empty, lonely spot in their hearts filled with Jesus Christ.

As I look back on my life at all the idiotic things I have done, the chances I took, the rebellion, the despising (yes I did) of God; I realize He was there with me every step of the way, keeping me safe, leading me towards Him - and that took a very long time and is still taking a long time because I remain a stubborn mule.

Did you ever ask yourself why you are still alive? If you are a Christian, it is because God still has things for you to do. If you are not a Christian, it is because God is wooing you to come to Him and be His child. You may decide NOT to come to God, but He is continuing to give you the opportunity to come to Him; and no matter what you have done, salvation is still available to you.

So after all the days of my life, the best thing I have ever learned was to trust God to take care of any situation, not always easy, but always the best way to go. The second best thing is to see everyone that I meet as having great potential to be used of God; first to become His child and then to live for Him. It is an awesome way to live.

If I have met you; you are being prayed for - you may not like it, but you are not getting away if I can help it. I really try not to preach at people, I found that does not work; but prayer does; and although it is heart-wrenching to see people fight or ignore God, it is also amazing to see Him work in a person and draw them near. It is not that my prayers are so great, because they are nothing; it is because God loves you and wants you for His own. If it is not me praying, someone else will; and more than likely many are praying for you. Why fight it? Take a step towards God.

“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)

4 Likes