Thoughts and Emotions

Hi family. I was wondering if anyone else was having a battle with their thoughts and emotions. I have felt oppressed by the enemy for several weeks but the last few days have been really tough. I have thoughts of discouragement, abandonment and not being able to make it. My emotions are all over the place.
I am reading the Word and praying. Putting on the Full armor of Christ and watching as many preaching videos as I can.
Just wondering if anyone else was struggling.

36 Likes

Hello Kristin,

I do believe that because we are so close to the blessed hope that the evil one is ramping up his attacks on the saints.

I was having a horrible time a couple of weeks ago and I know the evil one was roaming like a lion trying to devour me.
I will not listen to his lies and thankfully Pastor JD referenced that in his last sermon and so did my Pastor at church this Sunday.
It all gives proof to me that we must be close and I must stay faithful to Him. He will NOT forsake me!

Shalom Sister!

:pray:

18 Likes

Honestly I would say anybody who’s not feeling these kind of things these days is quite frankly not awake not watching not aware and has no clue where we are in Bible prophecy nor of what is actually going on with the agenda in the world.

24 Likes

I do. And somedays I struggle to finish something because I am tired. Tired of arguing with other believers, tired about the world. But then I remind me of the Bible and the Word God gave me. This is our battle now, for those who are awake and see the evil in this world. The Lord will take us home. Doesnt matter for me if in days/weeks or months till it happens. I see how the world turns evil within each day and I know that we dont have much time here on earth.

I am very thankful that my mum is a believer and awake too. She dont live nearby but we talk a lot on the phone. I try to thank the Lord everyday - even for the smallest things. I know he will provide for us and he knows when the time is ready for taking us home.

24 Likes

To Our Dear Sister Kristin,

For myself…

The further I can get away from the things of this world, the easier it is for me to handle what we are seeing in the days in which we live.

Sometimes, when my thoughts and emotions start going in the wrong decision, I simply read (or listen to) Revelation Chapter 22, and it recalibrates my mind in His Joyous Eternal Promises.

Nobody can take that away from us :grin:

23 Likes

You’re not alone in this. Here is my answer to someone else in a similar thread. :purple_heart: (a bit long, expand it with the little arrow at the top right corner)

11 Likes

Daily…hourly…discouraged, struggling with fear…reading the Word , having a hard time concentrating on it. Praying is a struggle. Mind wanders. Oppression big time.

11 Likes

Me too, trying to pray fo all of us. Mostly fearful of losing loved ones to the shot or the virus, whatever it is. :pray:

8 Likes

@annie63 You are trying so hard, it all gets exhausting at times. What I do when I just can’t battle any longer, that might help. In my mind I take.

Heb. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I tell God I am coming to the throne of grace and mercy, ONLY through the Blood of Jesus, I have NOTHING to give Him but weakness and pain.
I then ask if I might just sit silently with Him in the corner and rest. Then that is what I do, just STOP and REST at His feet.

I just give up the fight, and rest [not pray] at the throne, of Grace and Mercy. Complete surrender is my prayer.

It helps me, maybe it will help you, @annie63 Doc :rose:

22 Likes

Absolutely, @krw Kristin, under attack frequently, and when I catch my breath and think I can rest for a moment, the arrows come flying in again. I was told by a dear old saint that I must be doing something right. :woman_shrugging:

The Lord brought you and your daughter to mind while I was praying before sleep last night. I pray that your housing situation has been/or is being resolved. I will keep praying for my Bama girls. I hope you find some rest in the Lord.

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::heart::heart::heart::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::elephant::elephant::elephant: (or if you are an Auburn fan…) :tiger2::tiger2::tiger2:

9 Likes

8 Likes

I agree with all the above comments. There was a sign from a protester that said:
“If you’re not afraid, you are uninformed”.

This is a spiritual war and we’re seeing and hearing unprecedented lies, tyranny, oppression and deception. Most days reading the word will really calm me down and I can rest and trust God. Occasionally, like this morning, I can’t focus on the word. My mind runs a muck from disbelief to what is happening and anger that so many people simply won’t consider another point of view. I must renew myself daily. The Psalms have so many comforting scriptures.

We’re on a roller coaster. You’re not alone. This is really difficult… But God…

9 Likes

Amen sissy - HE IS coming soon- - thank you for REV. 22- it definitely is uplifting!!!
IN HIS service we all remain - PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY WHO WAS, WHO IS, WHO ALWAYS WILL BE …… AND GLORY AND MAJESTY BE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!!! MARANATHA

5 Likes

Thank you for your encouraging words. :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for giving me encouragement :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you Kris , praying for you also.

4 Likes

Wonderful answer, thanks so much for sharing it with me :heart:

4 Likes

Praying for you too Annie❤️

3 Likes

Praying for you :heart: