To all mature Christians, how do I answer this in the best way I can?

So before I became a Christian I was on a group called the Dolores Cannon Group. I no longer am involved , however I did not remove myself as they literally all need Christ. The last time I mentioned Jesus , my post was removed however they did not block me or prevent me from commenting. Then this morning whilst going through my groups I noticed this post and I would like to respond with the correct words . This group is huge and lots will see it , even if it does ultimately get taken down. I’m very young in the faith and not the best at explaining things well , please help if you can , this is the post :

I’m trying so hard to learn my soul lessons and raise my vibration but I feel so stuck in this cycle. Apparently I’m supposed to learn how to love myself and let go of toxic people, but I’m not sure how to do that. I’m angry and tired of these lessons.
Did Jesus love himself when he chose to be crucified? That doesn’t sound like self love to me. I don’t mean to sound bitter, I’m just so exhausted with this.

There are 111 comments to this post and they are awful not one is telling the truth. I have to respond and would be grateful for any help.

2 Likes

Seems a trap question (illogical question) like questions we can found in Islam to justify wrong doctrines. In Islam they say: is God able to create a so heavy stone that he can’t raise it (or something like that).

Or they say: “prove it”
Impossible to prove what is faith.

What I can say is Jesus is love.

2 Likes

Major red Flag right here.

This sets off my radar as New age, occult related, not of God, avoid this kind of garbage.

No where in scripture are we told to love ourselves we are actually supposed to deny ourselves. The idea of self love is basically self worship and has it’s roots in Satanism. Unfortunately this garbage has gotten in to a lot of modern churches.

I would say remove your self entirely and just pray for them. You don’t want them dragging you back down into whatever New Age nonsense their wrapped up in.

Jesus is Love, again scripture does not teach self love. Read and study your Bible, this alone is your source for truth. Ask the Lord to give you understanding as you seek to know Him and the truth of His word.

You don’t sound bitter, just confused. Satan is the author of confusion, get away from that group. Especially if you are a new Christian, it will hinder your walk and faith in Christ.

11 Likes

About “Dolores Cannon”, waw really stinks!
It’s occult, new age, transhumanism.

Maybe “attack” the prophecies of Dolores => false prophecies => false prophet

Wiki source, translated:

Dolores Cannon (St. Louis, Missouri, April 15, 1931 – October 18, 2014) was a hypnotherapist who specialized in regression and reincarnation therapy.

She has written 17 books on her research into hypnosis and UFOs, which have been translated into more than 20 languages. Her three-volume series “Conversations with Nostradamus” contains the translation of nearly 1,000 prophecies.

Dolores Cannon was also a UFO researcher for 20 years and used her knowledge of regression therapy to help people involved in alien abductions.

She found a wide audience thanks in part to many lectures abroad and articles by and about her in various international magazines. She has also appeared on numerous television and radio programs.

3 Likes

Hi Becca, I think I would reply just using scripture, because God said it is powerful and able to save…but, I would give the scriptures that seem to address her weariness…come to me all who are weary……cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you…
As for the question if Jesus loved Himself……no greater love than one who lays down his life….give me a minute, I will look those verses up for you…I can only remember parts of them

*1 Peter 5: 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

• Matthew 11:28-30, 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

About if Jesus loved himself? Since we are His body, I’m guessing there was some love for Himself because he tells us to love others as we “love ourselves”

*Mark 12:31, The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
*John 15:13, 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

*1John 3:16, By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

6 Likes

That was my first thought too , Jesus is love … this is a site that I no longer participate in … and I know I’m going to get attacked but because she mentioned Jesus Christ in this post it caught my eye … these people are so lost , it makes me sad. Just wanted to sow some seeds :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Thank you for those and yes I will stick to scripture , I will put something together and pray that it has the right effect

5 Likes

John 14.6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jean 14.6: Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

4 Likes

Easy…. Ask …”can I pray for you and/or with you?”

Even those who claim to lack faith in Christ are drawn to accept help from God when life’s hardships are beyond their control!

-Looking up always and praying from the abundance of my :heart:
-Rebecca :pray::blush::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Becca,
As a new Christian I am not sure that God would call you to witness to a group of people who obviously are against Christians. My first inclination when I read your post was that you needed to disconnect from this group! The Holy Spirit gives us feelings about bad situations (which I think you are sensing), and you need to follow those feelings and remove yourself.
I am going through a similar situation right now with some neighbors that I don’t agree with, and I ended up saying too much and not responding appropriately which I felt made me look bad as a Christian. I prayed about it afterward, and God spoke through J.D.'s bible study this past Sunday, through other scripture and devotions, and the message I got was that I did not need to respond in detail to them, only a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’, and remove myself from the situation that I did not feel good about.
Seek out the Lord in your prayer time, He will lead you to scripture and through other Godly teachings as to what you should do. Be careful, these are difficult times…keep yourself devoted to prayer and reading scripture.

4 Likes

This evening I’ve been feeling the same … I read some other posts …their ideas and ways are weird and I’m feeling that I will be really attacked , I could handle it if God wanted me to , so I have prayer for confirmation , but I’m sending now the same as you. Many of them are so unhappy

1 Like

This isn’t me I’m writing about , it is a post from a girl of an old group that I used to look at on my search for the truth. I came across this post when I was flicking through fb … they misrepresent Jesus and wanted to say something but I’m thinking of leaving it , I’ve prayed for confirmation if he wants me to respond

Don’t stay on this kind of forum.
In the past I was interested by stories of aliens, ufo, angels, esotherism, paranormal… all this are full of lies. Nothing true in it.

New age and aliens stories are there for the coming of a false savior: the antichrist. In some culture or believes, it could be an angel, for other “god”, for other an entity, for other an alien, super man, buddha like or a mix of these.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you

1 Like

Yes, always pray for those who are lost. Also, in my experience attacks come from the enemy when you pray ( prayer is our most powerful weapon). I pray God gives you strength to endure❤️